“Totally enjoyable experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Absolutely Awesome Pizza and Italian Cuisine.

Great atmosphere, wonderful, attentive wait staff.

This place is a must, and the new location will make this place even better.

Eat up and Enjoy!

1  Thank Zygotez
There are newer reviews for Cinellis Pizza

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Cinelli's pizza is amazing! There are very few places in the area where you can get a pizza cooked on stone ovens- it is always worth the wait. I am so glad I found a pizza place that has an authentic NY style pizza. Best garlic knots I have ever had as well. Easily going to be one of my new favorite places.

I was surprised at reading past reviews, because I had such a great experience, the waitstaff was timely and informative about the menu. I definitely want to come back and try everything, every dish I saw come out looked and smelled amazing...

I was told when I visited that the restaurant is moving and revamping the menu, plus will have a full bar! I can't wait to go to the new location when it opens over at MacGregor Village.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

We visited the establishment today in Cary at approximately 3pm. We were the only customers in the restaurant. Our food was ok and initially the waitress was ok, although my fiance's drink was empty and I switched cups with him until the waitress refilled our drinks. He said we are the only customers in the restaurant, where is our waitress. He looked towards the middle of the establishment and we noticed she was texting. I said just drink my drink until she gets back. Our check came and we paid our bill and left her
a small tip. After we left the parking lot and waiting at the light near Wendy's, we saw the waitress approach our vehicle and slam the $3 tip on the hood of the vechicle and said you left your change. We looked at each other dumbfounded and I rolled the window down and said that was your tip. The waitress replied, 'That ain't my tip, that's a fu***** insult. Again, we looked at each other dumbfounded and shocked". We exchanged explicitive language with her. Our meal cost $37 and with no customers in the restaurant, I should never have had to switch cups with my Fiance. We went back to the restaurant to try to get information from the cook (who did not speak english)regarding the contact information for the owner. The waitress that served us proceeded to follow us into the restaurant and stated that she is the manager and has already called the owner who will be here in 15 min. We reply that we will wait. She goes on about making 2.13 per hour and complaining about our tip. I explained to her that her service was only ok and that his drink was empty while she was texting and that if she isn't happy about her pay then get another job. Furthermore an insult is leaving you no tip at all, and since I worked in customer service years ago, I always leave a tip. She said she's in school and we should try it.. LOL not that it matters but my fiance and I have both completed graduate school and I'm working on my PHD. We all exchange a few more words (neither party threatening the other) and she claims to call the police and we say good we will wait. Finally, a lady arrived whom we assumed was the owner, but turned out to be the real manager. The waitress runs out to the parking lot to tell the manager her side of the story. When the manager approaches, we explain the situation and she immediately asks us how much the bill was and informed us that the gratuity is 18%. We looked at each other again and I let her know that we frequent restaurants and base our tips off of the quality of services received from the staff and always leave a tip (small if the service is less than satifactory to ok). At this point we are totally pissed because we feel that we are trying to state our case to the manager for an incident that should never happen. We have a few choice words for her and begin to leave, this whole situation seems unreal, she tells us that she is calling the police and we need to wait. Mind you the pretend manager (waitress) claimed to have called the police earlier because she wanted us to leave and now the real manager is threatening to call the police and want us to say. What a day... Please believe the posts and reviews indicating the poor customer service, unfriendly, and psychotic staff... It is definitely true... Needless to say we will never return to this establishment.

6  Thank sblue03
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I made the mistake of buying some coupons to this restaurant. I should have taken the time to read recent reviews because it is not like it was 5 years ago! The first thing I noticed was the horrible smell when I walked in the door. The smell that reminds me of sewer in a large city coming up through the drains. You know the smell if you have smelled it. Then I saw the 90 rating and really got worried. We had a pizza and a salad and all 4 drank water. I can't believe this would have cost me $30 with tip. I will be going through the drive thru to use up the rest of my coupons and getting pizza (I may cook it longer in the oven at home!) Not trying to be mean and hurt anyone's business, but just thought people should know before they go. If you go, please form your own opinion and update us here. The smell was just horrible and my 5 year old could not stop talking about the smell either! Not sure about the other locations but my coupon is only for Cary location and now I know why. They need business!

1  Thank foodsafety
Reviewed August 22, 2008

Go here like every single week. I always order it to go on the phone ahead of time. I drive like a good 25 min. to get there because I love their pizza, however last week and I asked how many slices did an extra large come with because I usually order a large, but I had my nieces and nephews this night so I needed a few extra slices. The young lady I was speaking with told me that th New York Pizze came with 12 slices, I said "''Cool" and thats what I ordered. When I got home, we found the pizza only had 8 pieces. I immediately called back and advised them of the problem. They said it was a mistake, the pizza I ordered does only come with 8 pieces, they told me wrong on the phone. She said when I came back I could get 5 dollars off, I was fine with that. However, the owner was not. I ordered an extra large pizza tonight and reminded of the coupon on the phone. When I got there the owner which was a heavy italian female asked me in a very rude manner why her employee gave me a discount, I told her, she was very upset. I couldnt understand why because they also have 3 dollar coupons on line! And why be upset over 5 dollars to a regular customer. When I left I called in a very courteous manner and asked for the manager-owner, she got on the phone, I told her that I was bothered by her acting so ugly, she said she was gonna hang up on me, I asked why and told her I was a customer just expecting better service, she actually starting being very rude and obnoxious, I eventually called her an ugly name after really trying to be the bigger person. I am the customer and found myself being more courteous in my position than she, I will not return! Also I work at a big school, I will be advising others of this terrible service, we will go else where!

4  Thank preciousschoolgirl