“Can't wait to go again!”
Review of Dean's Kitchen+Bar

Dean's Kitchen+Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Dean's Kitchen+Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 459 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cary Parkway
Description: Locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. Creative comfort eats. A place to wind down and savor life, family and friends. That’s what Dean’s Kitchen+Bar is all about. Enjoy one of our chef-created lunch or dinner entrees, or choose to build your own plate the way you like it. Want a taste of what to expect? Made-to-order sweet potato biscuits with country ham, pimento cheese and homemade jam. North Carolina oysters, shrimp, mountain trout and clams. Crispy beef short ribs, wood-grilled pork ribs and house ground burger. Nashville hot fish sandwich, salmon salad BLT and crab cake sandwich. There’s plenty more where that came from. Come to the Kitchen and celebrate good food. Lunch + Dinner + Sunday Brunch + $3 Craft Beers
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Eight extended family members embraced the Sunday brunch at Dean's Seafood Bar & Grill. We made reservations to ensure a table but walk-ins are also welcome. It turned into a delight to all the senses. Dean's pulled out all the stops. The freshness and variety was such that anyone with any desires or restrictions would have their needs met. The made to order omelets gave way to so many options I chose the omelet of the day, remarkable. The table favorite was the pancakes made with white & milk chocolate chips and pistachios. For those watching carbs, it included fresh fruits, fresh salad fixings, peel'n eat shrimp, oysters in the half shell, and some of the best salmon I've tasted. It would be impossible to list all the offerings, we were all delighted. Our waiter, Todd treated us as if we were his only table for the time. We even had ice cream to go with the banana bread pudding. All the food was served or kept temperature appropriate. With or without a coupon, it's a great value. I highly recommend.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank dpguin

Cary, NC
“Should be #1”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Seriously, I see some reviews that seem to be disappointing because I have eaten here many times and NEVER had bad service or bad food.

First of all, they have a menu that they change out every Tuesday. It always has fish dishes that are hard to find anywhere near here. You would have to be on the coast for something this good and even then I have been places that can't compare. Make sure if your server doesn't inform you, to ask them what they have for that particular week as you can normally pick anything and not go wrong.

Second, their breakfast buffet on Sundays has to be the best buffet I have ever seen. Especially for the price! The first time I really didn't know what to expect. As soon as you get to see whats on the buffet line you will be taken back. On the left they have a great selection of breakfast items, including two chefs that cook made to order omelets right in front of you. You get to choose all the ingredients from what they have in front of them and they prepare it right there and then. If that isn't enough they have a selection of side (bacon, sausage, egg, gravy and biscuits) and they have fresh made waffles (also made in front of you). SAVE ROOM! They also offer a lunch part to this buffet line, which includes some of their signature dishes (normally 4 or 5) with fresh sides. To finish it all off they have a dessert area with fresh made cookies and desserts. Seriously, for what they charge you just can not beat the price!!

Lastly, the service here has always been beyond amazing! We have always had servers that wont let our drinks go beyond half full, keep up with our plates (at the buffet) and have great knowledge for the beer and specials each time we go.

I will always recommend people here, every time I do they come back to me raving about the place and want to keep going back.

For those who have had a bad experience, I say give it one more go because it could have been a fluke. It will be worth it, especially after the experience we have had TIME AFTER TIME.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank FishingCrazyBrit
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Brunch buffet”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was our third time visiting. The brunch was exceptionally good this time. There were a few changes. Some good additions. But, have to say we missed having a potato on the bar. At least I did not see one. Excellent service from the entire staff. Well maintained food bar. Of course, beautiful atmosphere. I like the new hostess station. Our reservation was for 12 PM. We sat down at 12 sharp. Will be back.

• Visited November 2013
“Great Service!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't often review with great service. I have to say that Jill took premium care of me. She first off introduced herself, this is a rarity these days. Also she was genuinely concerned about my experience. The food was good, but the service was great! I will be back!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bostias
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Pay heed to your server”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

When our server informed us that the fresh seafood items were the specialty during our debut outing at Dean's Seafood Bar & Grill, we took that as typical menu steering. Pay heed. Dean's grilled fish/shrimp/etc. items are delicious. For the maiden voyage, I ordered the grilled Scottish salmon, which was tasty and had wonderful texture, with sides of apple jacama slaw (light and appropriate) and brie & roasted tomato mac & cheese (not as good as it sounds). The menu describes each of "this week's landings) for your education, a nice touch. Of course, the fresh catch items are also the most expensive choices on the menu. Beyond that, however, you proceed at your own risk. The remainder of the food selections skews toward heavy sauces and seasonings. My wife had the fried seafood combo, which was heavy on herb-caked breading. Because my son had aged out of the rather impressive kid's menu, his choices were limited. He opted for a rather disappointing shrimp appetizer, an apparently popular item that tasted pre-made and, yes, heavy on sauces and seasonings. The prices seemed a tad more expensive than they should be. The atmosphere is modern and acceptable, although we were seated in an open area, hemmed between a nattering group of lady friends on one side and a large family with squirmy, loquacious kids on the other. They have a Sunday brunch with an impressive menu, but we haven't tried that. I'd return to Dean's, but my food choices would be far more focused.

• Visited October 2013