“The place to go for all beef hot dogs”
Review of Firewurst - CLOSED

Firewurst
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location in a shopping strip. Clean restaurant with outdoor dining. Fun pics to read inside. Nice selection of hot dogs, brats and toppings. Hand cut fries were fresh and hot. Loved that malt vinegar was available. Only complaint was that the hot dog wasn't temperature hot. Bun was fresh. Good spot for a quick and filling meal. Wine and beer available too.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

went there for dinner. it was dead. not a single customer. Did enjoy a good hotdog though. i had the one with chili. It was good. i imagine it will be better as a lunch choice.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Service was prompt and friendly, the prices a bit higher than your average McD lunch, but overall it's still a good value.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy hot dogs and sausages. Cloos Coney Island in Raleigh is great but I tried this place with my son and neither of us finished our meal because it just didn't taste good.

I gave it a second chance today and was again disappointed. the food is just not very good.I should have known when it was empty at lunch time. I will not be giving it a third try.

there were maybe five people in the restaurant at 1230 in the afternoon and they still managed to burn one of my two hot dogs.

Chas M, Owner at Firewurst, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

balger,

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience. I'd ask that you call me personally to discuss which entrees you ordered - 919-368-4500.

We carry a number of sausages and dogs, all made with lean, fine cuts of meat. All of our bread is baked in house and our house made chili and slaws aren't canned or processed like you'll find in other restaurants.

In almost all of these less-than-favorable responses, I come to find out that guests didn't order one of our specialty sausages or dog sandwiches (which is what we do better than anyone else). Call me at 919-368-4500 and I'll treat you and your son to a meal this week - you name the time. I am certain I can show you that our food is better tasting and more unique than you've described above.

Chas Morgenstern

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The first firewurst I went to was the briar creek location (it was awesome) so since I live in Cary I decided to visit this one. When I got there the one girl Andrea was sitting with her friend / boyfriend? So automatically I thought it was going to be a process. I ordered the kielbasa when I got my food there were four pieces of onion on it ( usually at the briar creek location they added a good bunch since you are paying for it) and I saw it was a little burnt that's okay I noticed that it was not a kielbasa sausage and tasted it. It was a brat. I went up and told Andrea that I wanted my money back and she said well u ordered it it is a kielbasa sausage. I said no its not I've been eating kielbasa since I was young I'm pretty sure I know what it taste like. Rude service. I will not be back. Good job Andrea!

Chas M, Owner at Firewurst, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Kayris,

I appreciate your feedback very much. I'm disturbed to hear about your experience at our Cary location - it is completely unacceptable and will be addressed immediately. I think you can see that this is not how we train to treat our guests- evidenced by your experiences at Brier Creek.

I'd like you to call me personally, Chas Morgenstern, at 919-368-4500, and set up a time to treat you to a meal. I'd like to make sure our team serves you the way you expect.

I do hope you'll call me, and give us another opportunity.

Best,