“Beats a burger”

Cuisines: American
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Beats a burger”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

A great change of pace from pizza or burgers. I didn't think they could make hot dogs with such a variety. Sausage, wurst and dogs for every taste. The hot Italian delivers a tasty punch,served on a great roll not your typical soft bun.
With the variety ill have to try it weekly for months.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Firewurst was the wurst alright!! ( I mean worst)”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We are originally from coney heaven and when we moved here to NC we have been craving a good hotdog. Went here with my hubby yesterday for lunch, I ordered the Chicago dog , he ordered the coney. My bun was stale (not grilled but stale and hard) so hard on one side that you could not bite it ( like a rock), I thought my hotdog was one of the tough skin ones but in fact it was just so over cooked it was dried out and all wrinkly like it came from last nights movie theatre. Hubbys also was nothing to write home about. $15 for 1 drink, 2 dogs and 1 fry is so not worth it. You would be better off going to a sonic and save your loot. Next time we will just pass. (not saying sonics are great or anything just saying these are not that great.) It has promise with cool topping but if your bread is stale and dogs shriveled whats the point of dressing it up.

3 Thank LOVESJESUS
Chas M, Owner at Firewurst, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are so sorry you had such a bad experience! We are a brand new concept and our team is committed to delivering 100% satisfaction with EVERY order. Please let us make this up to you by refunding your money or serving you again at no charge. I’d encourage you and your husband to try one of our house creations, like our BBQ Dog or Reuben Dog, with our ¼ pound, 100% all beef dog. Just ask for Mick, Jeff, or Bart and they will take care of you.

By the way, did you say anything to a team member in the store while you were there? We want to make sure our team members solve problems on the spot. Thanks for your feedback and the opportunity to serve you again. Chas Morgenstern - 919-651-8350.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“My husband's new favorite!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great addition to the Cary restaurant scene. It is a casual, counter-service place for brats and dogs, but what really sets it apart is the quality and uniqueness of the food, plus the outstanding customer service. The young people working here are very helpful, friendly and polite, and they keep the restaurant clean and organized. The owner has been there every time we've been and he talks to everyone. The only downside - the word has already gotten out about this place and it can be packed at lunch time.

1 Thank noahandallison
Cary, North Carolina
“Good Eats!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a coupon for a BOGO, so naturally had to try Firewurst for lunch. I had the chicken sausage wrap with apples and it was delicious. My friend had the kielbasa sandwich and he loved it. There's something about that sweet/salt combination that's hard to resist. We will defionitely go back.

Raleigh, NC
“Flamed-grilled awesomeness!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Another reviewer said it perfectly: a nice alternative to ALL the other pizza and burger (and, frankly, Mexican) joints that have saturated our area. Firewürst is serving up true MEALS here, people--it ain't no hot dog stand. I've tried the kielbasa and the cheddar brat already and can't decide which was better. Got mine as a combo with sweet potato fries (lightly dusted with cinnamon!) and couldn't even finish, it's so much food. Decent value, too. Decor is fun and inviting and makes this place seem like a national chain, although I don't know of any other locations. Everything's cooked over an open fire, just like you would on your own grill. This place is worth seeking out!