“Really good food at fair prices”

Doherty's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 459 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: To Our Patrons,We created this relaxing and fun neighborhood Irish pub in Cary for you as a place to meet to bring your friends and family, meet new friends and get to know our family at Doherty's! Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your time with us more enjoyable! Enjoy your favorite pint from one of the ​19 draughts on tap and some Irish - American fare from our menu prepared daily using only fresh ingredients by Chef Irais and his team. We also have a kid's menu for the little ones!​We are open for lunch, dinner, late night and serve a Sunday brunch. Our pub has 7 HD TV's with multiple sports packages for you and your friends to enjoy your favorite team games! We also have live music 3 nights per week, patio dining, drink specials and free WiFi. The "Whiskey Room" is our private dining room that can be reserved Monday - Thursday by phone. We hope to see you soon!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Really good food at fair prices”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We eat at Doherty's a lot. The food is always really good with friendly staff and great beer. What more could you ask.

Visited June 2014

Cary, North Carolina
“Very good”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a group for lunch. We had wings. They were excellent. I had half sand which and crock of onion soup. Both were excellent. Good atmosphere. Highly recommend.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Great Food & Drink”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This neighborhood, strip mall kind of, offers the best of the pub and lighert meals in the area. Sandwiches are very good, particularly fond of the Doherty Melt. My wife favors the Shepherds Pie. Good Irish type atmosphere and wide selection of Irish and other beers and whiskey's.
Great place to go to have one, or two, and enjoy the Irish type ambiance. I have only been there once for the music, ugh!. Then again it's not Walnut Creek, but a great place to hang out and enjoy.

• Visited June 2014
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“we love Doherty's”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Doherty's has very good Irish food. The menu is varied and we have never had a bad experience. We have tried many different items from the menu and have not been disappointed. The meat is good quality and always tender. The bailey's mousse is excellent! The wait staff and manager are very friendly and attentive. It is always a pleasure!

Visited May 2014
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Pigs in a blanket every day!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I frequent this establishment frequently. On brunch days, if you are lucky, they have pigs in a blanket which are bangers rolled in fluffy pancakes. I thought I would burst, but they are super good. The shrimp and grits dish is amazing as well. Honestly, I've never had a bad meal at this restaurant. If I'm getting my tires worked on, I like to drop in for a quick pint while I wait. The staff have always been friendly and prompt.

• Visited May 2014