“Outstanding Stew”

Doherty's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 463 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: To Our Patrons,We created this relaxing and fun neighborhood Irish pub in Cary for you as a place to meet to bring your friends and family, meet new friends and get to know our family at Doherty's! Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your time with us more enjoyable! Enjoy your favorite pint from one of the ​19 draughts on tap and some Irish - American fare from our menu prepared daily using only fresh ingredients by Chef Irais and his team. We also have a kid's menu for the little ones!​We are open for lunch, dinner, late night and serve a Sunday brunch. Our pub has 7 HD TV's with multiple sports packages for you and your friends to enjoy your favorite team games! We also have live music 3 nights per week, patio dining, drink specials and free WiFi. The "Whiskey Room" is our private dining room that can be reserved Monday - Thursday by phone. We hope to see you soon!
Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Outstanding Stew”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Located right around the corner from home - this was my first visit - but will not be the last. Outstanding Beef and Guinness stew. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Will be back to check out their fish and chips. I love Fish& Chips!!

2 Thank Fields J

Cary, North Carolina
“Just an Average Restaurant”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stopped by with two friends because we had read of the #1 rating. So we were very excited about the prospects of a good pub, but our anticipation soon led to disappointment. It was loud & clattery, service was slow, and the food was just average. I love good fish & chips, but theirs was heavy and greasy - I have had much better in the Cary & Morrisville area. Our waitress was very nice but not very responsive and forgot a few things we asked for (e.g., lemon for our water, etc.). I also thought it was a little overpriced. We will try this place again in the future, but for now it is nowhere near its Trip Advisor rating.

1 Thank Bocain
North Carolina
“Pleasantly suprised, eager to return”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We've eaten here twice and are excited to go back to try the other menu items. The food is absolutely delicious, the staff very friendly and the atmosphere is great. The restaurant section is separate from the pub and family friendly with a good children's menu.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TriangleMom
Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a pleasant surprise to have quality food in a pub!?!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went in for a regular lunch with my girl friends .. Gosh was the food delicious! everything is freshly prepared and tasted great! I was there with my hubby for brunch a couple of Saturday ago and it was a very nice surprise so I came back with co-workers this time. Same quality control on the freshness and tasted great. We ordered the scallop burger, corn beef and various different kinds of boxties, I had the Shepherd's pie. What a treat.. we ate off each other's plate to try all the different stuff. Honestly, all of them tasted awesome. Normally, I'd order a nice beer but couldn't because we had to go back to work :-(

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Redcubia
Cary, North Carolina
“Love their salmon salad”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have been visiting Doherty's since they first opened and always had a good experience. The manager is constantly patrolling the floor, greeting customers and checking in with diners. The bar is a nice place to get a drink and relax with friends. The food has always been good, better than most pubs in this area. The menu items are interesting, and the ones I have tried have all been prepared fresh and met my "foodie" standards. I particularly enjoy the dill salmon salad and the fish fry which is probably the best I have had in the triangle area. Service is always impeccable and any issues have been dealt with in a timely manner to our satisfaction. I have not tried their mixed drinks. Their desserts have been very good. They throw awesome parties in the parking lot, especially on St. Pattys day! This is one of our standard restaurants we have on our list of known good places to eat. Definitely recommend this place.