“Tasty mexican”

La Casa de las Enchiladas mexican restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stopped at La Casa de las Enchiladas at 6 pm on a Saturday. Only 3 other couples in the restaurant the entire time we were there. We ordered chicken, beef and carnitas enchiladas and a chicken supreme quesadilla. The service was excellent. The quesadilla was very good as was the chicken and carnitas enchiladas. The atmosphere was just Ok and the decor is lacking. I thought it was a bite pricey too, but the food was good.

1  Thank BSTS

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The food is made fresh here. Fantastic mole sauce made from scratch. The salsa they served with chips was delicious and they had a bar of other types of salsas to choose from as well. The charro beans were absolutely delicious as well. They need to clean up their landscaping around the outside, but that does not affect the food. Definitely give it a try.

1  Thank samjalyste
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Good, authentic, Mexican food. Friendly staff, clean, spacious interior. Interior is somewhat bland (aside from the sparsely decorated beige/white wall). Overall, an enjoyable experience. Give it a try.

1  Thank Walt T
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family and went to dinner the other night and found a mixed reaction. This may have to do with they being somewhat new but there is room to improve. The flour tortillas I got were overdone and hard on the edges and stuck together. The flavor of our food was good and although I understand Spanish my family doesn't. That being the case the menu is difficult to read and understand. They need to fix that. Service was EXCELLENT, atmosphere was very comfortable. We all agreed we'd give it another try in the near future.

1  Thank rslopez1
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went to La Casa de Las Enchiladas on Friday night and it was not crowded. Here is what I can share:
The staff is very friendly. Home made corn tortillas melt in your mouth. Chips are nice and crisp and Mexican guacamole (some people call it avocado salsa) is very good. We also enjoyed the salsa bar where you can pick a sauce to your liking from mild to insanely hot.
On the down side: the regular salsa tastes just like a tomato paste. No flavor, no spice. The food is very bland. I had fish tacos and they had absolutely no flavor. Adding the sauce helped to a degree. Refried beans had no flavor no matter what you added.
However my husband complemented his beef tacos and my daughter didn't complain about her chicken enchiladas. So I guess if you don't like spicy food you might enjoy the place. As for me I wouldn't mind going back if I am not hungry.

1  Thank Ms Masha B