“Excellant Menu!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Description: Japanese/Korean restaurant
Cary, North Carolina
“Excellant Menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are always looking for good local restaurants and this is definitely one of them! The menu is fun and unique. Staff is friendly and very attentive. Excellent experience. You have to try it!

• Visited June 2013

Sebastian
“You have to try it...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went here for dinner when I was staying in the area. It is a newer place. The service was nice, prompt, polite and helpful. They suggested the bibimbap, and since I had never had it I tried it. Also got a few sushi rolls. Sushi was done quick and was good, they gave me a salad before the meal and then the meal. As a first time bibimbap eater - I can say I will be going back for more.....

Visited March 2013
Raleigh, NC
“ignored”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I so wanted to love this place. Read great things about Maru and couldn't wait to try it out with my foodie friend. I arrived at the designated time and was seated by the host (manager perhaps?). My friend was 10 minutes late. In that 10 minutes, the waiter (it appeared there was only 1 that night) never even glanced my way. He continued to wait on all of the tables around me but never approached me. Is it that he was waiting for my friend to arrive in order to greet us jointly? Once my friend arrived, we waited another 10 minutes. During that time the waiter never acknowledged us or approached the table. Abysmal! At this point we gave up. As we left, the host/manager was near the front host stand (albeit it on the phone), but never acknowledged us as we left. I’ve never been treated so poorly in a restaurant. They already have their work cut out for them in this previously doomed location, so you’d think they’d go above and beyond as far as food and service go. The service (or lack thereof) was horrendous; unfortunately we’ll never know about the food! So disappointing.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Was impressed with this place, excellent food & value-wow!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had the bento box for lunch which was $12.00. It had 3 large lightly battered tempura shrimp, sweet potato and zucchini pieces, stir fried teriyaki sushi grade salmon, nice mound of sticky,white rice sprinkled with sesame seeds, lovely salad with sunflower seeds and ginger dressing, 4 good size California rolls and two sides of sauces!!! All very fresh and freshly prepared, cannot wait to go back and try interesting sounding items on menu for dinner soon!

• Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wow, thought they were new!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had recently seen a write up about this restaurant in a local magazine, and thought this was a restaurant that was brand new. My girlfriend and I decided to go check it out, and sooo glad we did! Even though we are big fans of sushi, the appetizers just seemed so interesting that we chose to just get a some of these this time. They were excellent, had the seafood pancake (yum!), short rib lettuce wraps (yum!), carpaccio trio (yum!), and the fire fighter jalapeno poppers (yum!).
Service was excellent, our waiter and I'm guessing the manager took plenty of time to always make sure we had everything.
Can't wait to return and try other food there!!!

• Visited March 2013