“Good Food”

Ranked #127 of 461 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High House Rd.
Description: Here at West Park Tavern we have set out to provide our guests with an inviting atmosphere, great service, flavorful food and a place to unwind. Our decor features a warm color palette accented with rich wood and natural stone to give you that old tavern feel, that is, if your not watching your favorite team on one of our twenty-six flat screen televisions. Our Executive Chef, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, has prepared an out of the ordinary, top notch menu that will excite your taste buds. Our menu incorporates a variety of unique appetizers, fresh salads and generously portioned sandwiches and entrees. If its good spirits and relaxation you are after, we've got you covered with over 80 types of whiskey, an assortment of colorful cocktails, and 14 cold beers on tap ranging from domestic to craft. West Park Tavern...come see what all the buzz is about!
Cary, North Carolina
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I don't think you can have a bad meal here. My teenagers say the hamburgers are the best around. I think everything is very good but quality varies, depending on who is working in the the kitchen. Some nights the food is absolutely outstanding and other times, just good. The shrimp and grits, awesome Arugula salad, excellent.

• Visited September 2013

Cary, North Carolina
“Totally average at best!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I don't understand the glowing reviews here. Do none of these people know what constitutes a good restaurant? This is an average sports bar at best. I had the recommended shrimp quesadillas which were good, although heavily fried rather than the more light style I prefer. My husband had the wings which he said were the worst he's ever had. The meat was dry and they were served dry-no sauce. When he inquired about that he was brought a side of sauce which he said was so hot is was like straight Tabasco (and he likes heat)! He felt they were definitely cooked the day before and reheated. We will not be returning!

• Visited September 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent Food! Excellent Service!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We've been to West Park multiple times. Sometimes busy times, other times not so busy. Either way, we were always treated politely, food was always exactly as we requested and the service was excellent!

Visited June 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Variety and Delivers on Promises!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The menu ranged from bar food to more sophisticated options and delivered on all accounts. I was expected the standard bacon cheese fries for the appetizer, but it was so much more than I expected...housemade cheese that was distributed throughout the dish and delicious all around. The entrees were delicious...from the philly cheesesteak to the empanadas to the porterhouse...everything was great. While it was a tavern atmosphere with lots of energy and televisions, it was still toddler friendly. This experience was fantastic for myself, husband, toddler, and in-laws...we will definitely return!

• Visited July 2013
Raleigh,NC
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate dinner here on a Friday night in June. We live 30 minutes away in North Raleigh but I have eaten here a few times but my husband hadn't. He raved about his bison burger and the beer selection (he is a beer snob) and said he would be willing to drive 30 minutes each way every Friday night to eat here. I try something different on the menu each time I come and I haven't been disappointed. The staff is very knowledgeable about what is in everything and can make great suggestions. Friendly manager who checks on every table and is very hands on around the restaurant. Loved the idea of the "Mystery beer". The music was slightly loud but tolerable. I am sure if we asked to have it turned down a bit they would have. Nice kid' menu choices. Love the local ingredients in the dishes. They are celebrating their 1st year anniversary this month. I am sure with the quality of food, staff and beverages they will be here for many more!

• Visited June 2013

Been to West Park Tavern? Share your experiences!