“A Taste of New Orleans in Cary!”
Review of The Big Easy

The Big Easy
Ranked #126 of 469 Restaurants in Cary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Big Easy Oven + Tap is a modern, southern kitchen with New Orleans roots. We believe in true Southern hospitality. From our warm and friendly staff, to an excellent selection of scratch made food and local drinks, we want you to feel right at home!
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stopped in on a Sunday afternoon and sat at the bar. I was quickly greeted and served by a friendly bartender who asked what I wanted to watch on one of the numerous screens while he poured my Abita Amber. I ordered the seafood platter that had a nice assortment of fried oysters, catfish and shrimp. I was able to substitute sweet potato fries for regular fries and fried spinach for cole slaw.
My food order came out quickly and was very tasty. The menu offered a wide assortment of great looking choices. Apparently they have updated thier menu. I will be back with my wife.

There are newer reviews for The Big Easy

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our first trip to this establishment was enjoyable. The fried shrimp was very good and my son enjoyed the fried catfish. The service was good and the dining area was very clean. We were here on a Monday, so there was not much of a crowd. We will probably return at another time.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The first time we went to this restaurant, the food was reasonably spicy (New Orleans style) and everyone enjoyed it a lot. A month later, we went back there expecting more of the same, but for our surprise, all dishes we ordered (gumbo, jambalaya, .....) were all extremely spicy, to a point that we could hardly eat them. Many in our group ended-up leaving more than half of their dishes behind (not even a to-go box).
We were also surprised how empty the place was for a Friday evening. The first time we visited it, also on a Friday evening, we could hardly get a place to sit, but not this time.
Apparently something has caused a dramatic change to this restaurant, to a point where it will move from one of our favorite restaurants in Cary to one of those we intend to avoid now.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place was terrible from the first second we walked in until the moment we left. Started off that they even bothered letting us make a reservation. Valentines weekend and there were about 3 tables seated at 8 p.m. Waitresses dressed like they just got out of class. Food somehow miraculously came out in under 5 minutes. Pasta Jambalaya had a puddle of grease that you see when Gordon Ramsey first starts off his episode of his nightmare. The Louisiana sampler was cold and fairly tasteless. I even joked that the red beans and rice tasted like it had a good helping of dirt in it. It didn't help that the locals that sit at the bar stare at you like you're from Mars and not welcome when you walk in. The waitress was very nice, but there's not much she could have done to help this place. The table next to us wasn't so lucky with their waitress. I overheard them order the Louisiana pretzel. She literally laughed at them, caught herself and then asked them if they had ever had it before. When they replied "No" she said I'm sure you'll love it. What showed up to the table was about the size of a loaf of bread and had, what the waitress described as "ONE POUND of cheese smothered on top of it." Now we know why she laughed when they ordered it. Gordon Ramsey - you've got your hands full with this one. Good luck to you sir.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stopped by after dinner for Karaoke with some friends. I told the waiter that we were very cold, and asked if the temperature could be adjusted. His response, verbatim: "It's set where it's set. People are coming in and out the door." (The door was around a corner, behind a wall.) I said, "But the fact remains that we're cold." He turned and walked off. For the remainder of the time I was there, he pointedly ignored me and my empty glass while continuing to service the person across the table from me. I had been intending to order dessert; I guess my waistine was the beneficiary of his bad attitude. The tip I had already placed on the table for earlier service from the friendly woman who had been serving us before he took over went right back in my pocket.

I've eaten there before; the food quality and price were average.

1  Thank joenc1