“Unique restaurant, wonderful service”
Review of KoMo KoMo - CLOSED

KoMo KoMo
Cuisines: American, French, Korean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are proud to bring our seasonal menu! BEST soups in Triangle!Signature dishes are Korean Rice Bowl, Ginger lemon grass Creme Brule which is very French.. No one can resist.Chef Jae and his wife, El, are very enthusiastic to bring "Not a typical fine dining". Everyone is welcome to enjoy our excellent food and service in a very cozy dining room. Wednesday Tea service is very exclusive. Reservation for weekends are appreciated.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great fusion of French/Korean. Best BiBimBop in town, hands down. Chef Jae is lovely, talented, and warm. We always go here for special dinners or those days where we are like 'we need to do something nice'. It is a best kept secret of Cary and I hope more go so she stays in business. The desserts are outstanding. The soups.. mmmmmm.

2  Thank raleigh123

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

A very pleasant surprise in Cary. A Korean/French restaurant that was wonderful. Excellent food, delicately prepared with attentive service. A must for people living in the area, worth a ride from out of town as well. Enjoy!!!!

2  Thank Vgphd
Reviewed August 27, 2013

LOGISTICS: In the Maynard Crossings shopping center (corner of High House and Maynard) Seating for about 30. Nice calming atmosphere. Nice music playing.

FOOD: Was there for lunch which offers a limited number of their dinner options. Paid around $30 for two people (two plates and a soup, with ice teas.) We both liked the chicken dumplings. Very delicate and served with side salad. I had the smoked-pork lettuce wraps that came to the table ready for me to construct using lettuce, cabbage, rice, bean sprouts, pork, kimchee and a thick peanut based sauce to add. For me, just okay. The ingredients were super fresh, but I really didn't care for the chunks of pork and dry rice combination. Despite adding the thick sauce, it seemed too dry. Their signature sweet potato/leek/apple soup is at the top of their game. Smooth, not too heavy and all the flavors seemed to show through and not compete. I'll go back another time just to have the soup. Suggest you look at their menu online to decide if you'd like this cuisine. It may not suit everyone in your dinner party.

Dinner prices seem a bit high in the $20's. But, the food choices are more varied. Good service at lunch.

2  Thank wordmobile
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As a former prep chef at Komo Komo I can confidently express the excellent level of cuisine and experience at this restaurant. I got to know Chef Jae pretty well and I was never short of impressed by his attention to detail and inspiring flavors that went into every dish. At the front of the house, Ms. El directs an excellent experience everything from the interior design, to the music.
The food is outstanding. The flavor combinations are innovative and won't be found in very many places in the triangle. Chef Jae prepared a cantaloupe gazpacho with mint crab at my last visit and the amount of pure flavor he was able to inject into every spoonful was incredible. I wouldn't say the restaurant is a fusion of French and Korean, but the menu is still quite intriguing.
Get the soup when you go, it won't be a full experience until you try the soups. For the entrees the bibimbap bowls are an interesting twist on the Korean classic dish. I would recommend whatever sounds French though. Finally don't leave that restaurant without a bite of something sweet. The desserts are rich and executed well. It's always a nice touch to the meal. Chef Jae worked with the best of the best chefs in New York so don't miss this easily overlooked fine dining experience. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place is a hidden gem! I wish, for the owners sake, they had located in Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill; they'd have a lot more business and get more critical acclaim.

The wine and beer selection is small but good. The restaurant is in a Cary strip mall, but they've done a good, tasteful job decorating the space and I love their music selections--jazz, show tunes etc.. Service is attentive.

The food has been excellent each of the times we have visited and is an interesting mix of Korean dishes and French dishes. We had lettuce wraps and dumplings this time as appetizers, and they were excellent! The entres we had--edamame crusted salmon, Korean stone rice bowl, ribeye--were superb! The deserts we had--panna cotta and a crème brule--out of this world. Great finesse with the level of sweetness. (In other words, not cloyingly sweet.

1  Thank Apex300