“Nice newer hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charlotte, United States
“Nice newer hotel”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel is newer and is very clean and comfortable. The location is great since it is next to a shopping center, movie, and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and tried to make sure I was satisfied with everything. The only issue was the parking - they leased their parking lot to a corporate client to park their cars, so the guests have to park at the hotel next door. I could tell the staff was uncomfortable having to explain that to me and they offerred to have security drive me to my car...so they get a 10 for their effort. Being a single female and returning to the hotel late at night and then having to park far away at another hotel felt unsafe to me. I assume this does not happen every weekend, so this may never happen in the future. I still gave the hotel an Excellent rating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Conover, North Carolina
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I were attending a Conference in the area and thought we would give this hotel a try. Everything about this hotel is great but one. They use the memory foam beds and they don't sleep very good. My wife and I both woke up the next morning remarking about how hot the bed was and how we did not like the matress. Would not stop me from coming back but we will never invest in a memory foam matress. The hotel and staff were wonderful.

Allentown, New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn along with the Double Tree hotel hosted almost 200 people with over 105 cars for our car club event this October. The hotel staff, from the moment we opened the room block, to when the last of our members left, was superb. We received so many compliments about how genuinely kind, caring and competent they were from that first day taking phone reservations through 2 banquet dinners, 3 reception-cocktail parties and 1 meeting room presentation. After tasting the hotel food prior to the event we added a 2nd banquet dinner and cocktail reception as well as lunch there. The food was not just 'good' for hotel food, but awesome. Tilapia with fresh chopped tomato's, great morning biscuits, hush puppies that us northerners yearn for; all the food was perfect. If you have a group visit of any kind to organize, this is the place to do it. Believe me, they made us look amazing for selecting the 'perfect hotel'. If you want to have a nice dinner and are in the Cary-Raleigh area, they are worth going to even if you live local. Stylish bar and hotel lobby. The rooms are modern, comfortable and stylish. Great shower head and a quiet heating system. Comfortable sleep number beds that my husband now insists we get. To keep this real, the only tiny thing I could think of to request would be a full length or nearly full length mirror in the room area as it makes getting dressed easier when 2 people occupy the room. Thank you for making our car club event so special. Out of the 190 guests we did not have one complaint regarding the hotel. That has never occurred before with our group and I doubt that it will ever happen again until we return to the Hilton Garden Inn in Cary.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very modern and sleek. We arrived at 11 pm for check-in and could not find a luggage cart. We were told they were all being used by other guests. We carried our luggage and managed. The room seemed nice and spacious enough. Before bed, I decided to take a shower and almost slipped in the tub as there was no bath mat inside the tub/shower combo. Before getting into bed, we adjusted the mattress setting to soft (on both sides). In the middle of the night, we tossed and turned because the bed felt like it had a huge valley in the center of it. I had to put a pillow in the center of the mattress and lay on it to get comfortable because of the mattress sloping into the center. After a bad night of sleep, we came down for breakfast and got bad service. The kitchen area is tiny with one overworked chef trying to make pancakes, french toast, eggs and omelets for everybody. One cook !!! He was trying his best but it took a while since he was the only one cooking. It took about 25 minutes to get our food. When we got back to our table, the waitress took 10
minutes to get us a drink and flatware. She seemed overwhelmef as well and I saw no other waiters but her. For the size of the hotel, the kitchen is too small, unorganized and they need more staff!

Stayed October 2013
Leicestershire
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been here now a number of times this year with work, I find this hotel one of the best you can stay and still a reasonable price.
Rooms are very clean, proper showers none of the over the bath type.
Front staff are very friendly and helpful.
Only had breakfast at hotel very good and again breakfast staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Amulya S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear LeicestershireGreens,
Thank you very much for posting your review to TripAdvisor! We love to hear from our guests and we are very pleased that you enjoyed every stay so far. I do hope that you will return again, sooner than later, to take full advantage of the ultimate guest experience!
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden in Cary, NC. The company I work for put me up here, so I didn't research it in advance and was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff is very helpful and welcoming. The hotel in new and clean. I had a day off between meetings and the recommended places to go and see. There is a movie theater and mall directly across the street. The room is clean and comfortable. There is a nice workout room with treadmills and elipticals. The pool looked nice, but I did not get a chance to use it. I was down here for work and it was nice to have a desk in the room and free WiFi. I had a great stay and would definitely recommend if you are in the area.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor. It was quiet and comfortable
Green Features: standard for Hiltons -- they are a Green leader platinum level.
Dear JW2Travel2013,
Thank you for replying on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your business and value your feedback. I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about our staff and property. It is always our goal to be your home away from home and we sure hope you stay with us during both business and leisure trips!
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is new, clean, and great service. Also, do not miss the cookies at the desk, they are amazing. The location is good for business and I will definitely stay here again. Make sure to also enjoy the breakfast as it is worth the time and other restaurants are not as good a bargain.

Dear Glenn F,
I wanted to thank you for your recent TripAdvisor post! Your comments were awesome and we would love to see you again, sooner than later! I am so glad that you enjoyed the new welcome bars we are offering! Be sure to stop by and see us again as we continue to make amazing changes.