“Strange bed, disappointing service”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cary
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charlotte, NC
“Strange bed, disappointing service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very modern and sleek. We arrived at 11 pm for check-in and could not find a luggage cart. We were told they were all being used by other guests. We carried our luggage and managed. The room seemed nice and spacious enough. Before bed, I decided to take a shower and almost slipped in the tub as there was no bath mat inside the tub/shower combo. Before getting into bed, we adjusted the mattress setting to soft (on both sides). In the middle of the night, we tossed and turned because the bed felt like it had a huge valley in the center of it. I had to put a pillow in the center of the mattress and lay on it to get comfortable because of the mattress sloping into the center. After a bad night of sleep, we came down for breakfast and got bad service. The kitchen area is tiny with one overworked chef trying to make pancakes, french toast, eggs and omelets for everybody. One cook !!! He was trying his best but it took a while since he was the only one cooking. It took about 25 minutes to get our food. When we got back to our table, the waitress took 10
minutes to get us a drink and flatware. She seemed overwhelmef as well and I saw no other waiters but her. For the size of the hotel, the kitchen is too small, unorganized and they need more staff!

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been here now a number of times this year with work, I find this hotel one of the best you can stay and still a reasonable price.
Rooms are very clean, proper showers none of the over the bath type.
Front staff are very friendly and helpful.
Only had breakfast at hotel very good and again breakfast staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Amulya S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear LeicestershireGreens,
Thank you very much for posting your review to TripAdvisor! We love to hear from our guests and we are very pleased that you enjoyed every stay so far. I do hope that you will return again, sooner than later, to take full advantage of the ultimate guest experience!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden in Cary, NC. The company I work for put me up here, so I didn't research it in advance and was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff is very helpful and welcoming. The hotel in new and clean. I had a day off between meetings and the recommended places to go and see. There is a movie theater and mall directly across the street. The room is clean and comfortable. There is a nice workout room with treadmills and elipticals. The pool looked nice, but I did not get a chance to use it. I was down here for work and it was nice to have a desk in the room and free WiFi. I had a great stay and would definitely recommend if you are in the area.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor. It was quiet and comfortable
Green Features: standard for Hiltons -- they are a Green leader platinum level.
Dear JW2Travel2013,
Thank you for replying on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your business and value your feedback. I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about our staff and property. It is always our goal to be your home away from home and we sure hope you stay with us during both business and leisure trips!
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is new, clean, and great service. Also, do not miss the cookies at the desk, they are amazing. The location is good for business and I will definitely stay here again. Make sure to also enjoy the breakfast as it is worth the time and other restaurants are not as good a bargain.

Dear Glenn F,
I wanted to thank you for your recent TripAdvisor post! Your comments were awesome and we would love to see you again, sooner than later! I am so glad that you enjoyed the new welcome bars we are offering! Be sure to stop by and see us again as we continue to make amazing changes.
Carthage, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Thought the breakfast was quite expensive, very good but too expensive. I probably wouldn't have breakfast there again if I stayed. Other than that the hotel was very clean and nice. Hotel staff was more than accommodating and ready to answer any question about the hotel and the surrounding area. We had a great stay there!

DES MOINES, IOWA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Cary, NC. The room was great, it was clean, smelled great. We also had a microwave, desk and chair, plus a nice flat panel TV. The king sized bed was terrible. It sunk in the middle and no matter how you adjusted the settings on the side of the bed, you felt like You were sleeping in a curved soap dish. My back hurt for days afterwards.

1 Thank William F
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel was incredibly clean and beautiful. The girl at the front desk from Mississippi was adorable and very efficient and helpful. Lauren from the bar was also incredibly informative. I'm somebody picky when it comes to cleanliness, and I have absolutely no complaints. The hotel and room was immaculate.