“Hotels like this give Hilton Garden Inns a good name”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cary
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Every thing about my stay was to my satisfaction. The rooms were large, clean, modern, and quiet. TV had all my favorite channels. Just a shower, no tub, which is good with me. The breakfast buffet costs extra, as in all Hilton Garden Inns, but includes omelets made to order as well as the usual buffet items. If you don't want a large breakfast, you can order just cereal, fruit or something light for a much lower cost. The swimming pool is not large enough for laps, but is fine for water exercise or kids. The hotel is in a quiet area with two other hotels. It is fairly close to restaurants and many stores but I think most people would need to drive to any of these places rather than walk. I didn't see any signs for the hotel, so use GPS or look at the map in advance to see where the hotel is located.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Amulya S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear aDCtraveler,
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is always our goal to provide each guest with the ultimate experience and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your entire stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience you had in finding where we are located. Hopefully, we will be able to address that at our next meeting. I sincerely appreciate the time you took to evaluate each area of the hotel. It's feedback like yours that gives us the opportunity to grow and improve! Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again, sooner than later!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We live locally but were looking for a night out on the town. We booked this hotel with not knowing anything about it. We arrived and were very impressed for the get go. The staff was great. The decor was fantastic. The room was very nice. The staff phoned our room twice to make arrangements about breakfast and to also make sure we were enjoying our stay. The bed (make it soft or hard) not our favorite feature. The breakfast the next morning was totally awesome. I look forward to going out again and staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: I have only slept here once.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Amulya S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear CCisacritic,

Thank you for your words on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to have guest staying with us from the community when they need a time away from home. I am happy to know that you choose us for your night out and exceeded your expectations. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our adjustable beds. I will look into ways to make sure that they are more comfortable for your next visit. We look forward to being your home away from home again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here for two nights recently on a business trip to the area. The hotel appeared to be fairly new, was modern inside the rooms and lobby, clean, and well-maintained. The suite arrangement of the room was nice. Bathrooms were good. Beds were very comfortable.

This hotel is right next door to a DoubleTree and is not too far from the RDU airport (about 15 minutes or so). Most people probably don't care, but I couldn't find a good running route nearby so ended up running on sidewalks and the shoulders of busy roads.

I was surprised at how much my company was paying for this property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear brin796,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed our new, clean and contemporary hotel. I am sorry that we were not able to assist you in finding a running route. I will definitely look around the area to find a quick, easy and secure jogging route. Since we are in the center of a huge shopping center, I understand that it can be hard to find a running place. I also want you to know that there is a beautiful lake about 3 miles from the hotel with very clean, well maintained jogging trail around the lake. I hope on your next visit you can give that a try.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had a 4 day stay for Business.
Great place, nice rooms and staff.
Since I live and breath Airmiles, my only complaint is that the front desk is not aware or has the understanding for the Air miles policy.
First i was told that I had to enroll into the Hilton memebership program, which I refused. The next employee told me they don;t offer air miles and finally the third employee took 5 moniutes to take my Frequent flyer number and posted my airmile credits.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ondigas,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you had difficulty getting your Airmiles issue resolved at the front desk. At Hilton properties you do not have to be a Hilton Honor member to get Air miles. But it is recommended to have a Hilton Honor number since it is the only program where you can double dip, which means that you can get both hotel points and Airline miles for the same stay. Also you can at the end can convert your points towards miles. I had discussed your comments with the AGM and re-educated the staff regarding points and miles. I appreciate you being patient with us. We hope to see you again soon for your future visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Beautiful contemporary decor, perfectly sized for short stays because you don't have to walk a mile to get through the lobby and hallways to your room. Rooms are spacious, lobby has multiple types of seating for business, casual, dining, working, or whatever you need. Could use a speedier elevator, but that's about all I would improve on! Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear NCMomWithTeenagers,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your short stay with us. I am sorry about the elevator being slow, but want to assure you that they are set for maximum speed that is allowed by department of labor. I will though make sure that they are functioning properly once again. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our beautiful contemporary decor and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and everything worked well. The beds were very comfortable. The room was quiet except a few cases when people were talking loud on the way to the elevators. We would have liked to have used the pool but didn't have time. It was a good location close to restaurants and stores. I felt safe with my children. Love having the microwave and refrigerator in the room because one eats constantly and the other always has leftovers so we seek it out in hotels. Have stayed at other Hilton Garden Inn locations in different areas and always had a good experience. Enjoyed the welcoming letter from the manager as a personal touch. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Chris C,

Thank you for lovely words on TripAdvisor. I also want to personally thank you for your loyal patronage with Hilton Garden Inn. At Hilton Garden Inn we truly speak success and want to make sure that we can give all the amenities of a full service hotel but at affordable price. I am also happy to know that you loved my welcome letter, it is just an another way that I like to inform the guest prior to arrival about the hotel amenities so they can plan their trip accordingly and have time to enjoy the hotel as well. I hope see you again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Love HGI, love this property even more than most. Staff is SO friendly and attentive, cleaning staff was constantly about, even wiping elevator doors late at night. Rooms are very nicely furnished, spacious, and comfortable, quiet rooms even at capacity. Great bar and pantry, no fireworks, but a solid quick drink and snack as the HGI norm. Only issue I had with the stay was weak water pressure, despite only being on floor 2 - I was at the end of the hall, maybe near the end of the pipe run.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear oginalXfactor,

Thank you for your wonderful comments of TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to know that you were completely satisfied with each and every aspect of the hotel, from service to product. I was notified by my front desk staff regarding the week pressure on the pipes and I want you to know that it has been rectified. WE hope to see you again soon!