“Good experience”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
olathe, ks
“Good experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed two nights. Overall experience was good. Waitress on duty at breakfast during the first morning was not very good, we had a much better experience on the second morning. Room service was not available in the evening. Spigot on bath tub leaked. No major problems and the motel was for the most part very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ranwin33
Amulya S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear ranwin33,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I apologize for your less than perfect stay with us. I am not sure why you were let to believe that we do not have room service in the evening since we do in fact offer room service for dinner everyday from 5pm till 10pm. I sincerely regret not communicating that amenity to you properly. I also apologize for the tub spout leaking and I will follow up with the maintenance department for preventive maintenance schedule. Once again I want you to know that it is each and every team members goal to ensure that we exceed our guest expectations each and every time. I hope that you would give us an another chance for your next visit to Cary.

Amulya Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
NC
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Super clean - I believe this property is very new, as is the Doubletree right next door. Both are very well located in the Cary area if you have business nearby (anything within 10 miles is easily accessible in Raleigh, "traffic" here is not really "traffic"!!). There's plenty right next door, movie theater, restourants, shopping, fast food, etc......and it's right off the loop (lower side off 40 but right where the 440 loop begins).

Rooms, halls, common areas - ALL SUPER-CLEAN. Staff very friendly. HGI has it's staple small-restaurant in the lobby, did not use, but seemed clean and food smelled good.....tends to be a BIT on the pricey side, but compared to a full-service hotel it's not too bad.

Reasonable rates, clean-fresh linens, overall my new-go-to in the Raleigh area!

Dear Hodels,

Thank you for your lovely comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy to know that you had an amazing stay with us and loved our brand new property. Due to our amenities people assume we are a full service property but in fact we are considered a focus service or limited service property. But we do have all the amenities of full service but the cost associated.

As you had mentioned that we are very well located from Raleigh and Airport and are in middle of one of the biggest shopping center in the RDU area. But it is still very quiet and peaceful. I appreciate your feedback on our menu and I want you to know that we change our menus periodically and I will keep your comments in mind next time we are doing our menus. We look forward to seeing agin soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was visiting friends in Apex, NC and was looking for a hotel close by. Since I like Garden Inn's, this was perfect. This is a newer one and the lobby looks great. Very open and I like the different colors used throughout the entire area. My room was a standard Garden Inn room but with updated furniture and features. Plenty of electrical outlets by the bed, which some older Garden Inns do not have. And I like that the newer hotels are going with just a shower in the bathroom. For some reason, bathtubs gross me out. Slept really good and grabbed breakfast in the morning. I've had some sub-par breakfasts at Garden Inns but this one was really good. Really fresh fruit, good eggs and even decent coffee. I didn't get the name of the woman working breakfast but she was bright and cheery and really took care of everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amulya S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear ScooterRed71,

Thank you for your lovely words on TripAdvisor. As you had realized from your stay we are a brand new hotel and our housekeeping department works hard to keep everything new. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed our king rooms with showers since rooms with two queens have bath tubs, mostly suited for families. I am very happy that you enjoyed our breakfast since we serve all our produce obtained from local farmers and farmers market and they are fresh daily. We believe in our community and strive to make a difference wherever we can. We hope to see you again soon!

Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Was here 2 days ago for one night. New hotel just passed its one year anniversary. Great format, people at checkin were great. Bartender was nice although it closed a tad early. Breakfast was great. Corner suite room, extremely clean. Loved it.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear travelwithkidz,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and I am sorry that our bar hours were not to your liking. We have noticed that during weekdays with our corporate travelers no one frequents the bar after 10pm and same is true for leisure family travelers on the weekends. I do want you to know that if our bar is busy we do keep it open late in the night sometimes even past mid night. I am happy to know that you had wonderful experience at our hotel and we hope to repeat that during your next visit.

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms. My organization presented a workshop in one of the meeting rooms. The Hilton Garden Inn staff could not have been more attentive and helpful. Lobby conducive to gathering with colleagues. Fresh, contemporary decor. Convenient location to airport, restaurants, PNC Arena and movie theater.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amulya S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear MaryP,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel to TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff! We make it our personal duty to provide each guest with the best service available. Please be sure to visit us again on your next trip to our area!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed with my family at this hotel for a month in October. The entire staff was great, and the accommodations were outstanding. I am a Diamond member, and travel frequently. I would recommend this property to anyone I know.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear K R,

First and foremost let me take this opportunity to thank you for being a Diamond member with HHonors. We really appreciate your loyalty towards the Hilton Brand hotels. Furthermore I thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor and please know that we understand you had a choice and we appreciate you choosing us. We really appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Perry, Georgia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn at Raleigh/Cary is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. My wife and I were there on four different occassions in 2012 and each stay was wonderful. The staff helped make our stays great. They were very, very friendly and helpful. The rooms were all very roomy and immaculate. The beds were very comfortable. The rates were very competitive with other hotels that offered less. There are several great places to eat and shop in the immediate area. The hotel restaurant serves great food also. I will continue to stay at the HGI when in the Raleigh area whenever I am in the area. I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ron31069,

Thank you for being our repeat and loyal guest. We appreciate everything that you mentioned about us on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to know that all the hotel team members came together and provided you with an exceptional service. We continue to strive for an exceptional customer service and I am ecstatic to see that in our efforts. We will continue to go above and beyond your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Amulya Singh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
SpringHill Suites Raleigh Cary
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary? Share your experiences!