“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Kure Beach, North Carolina
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband picked this hotel, because it was cheap..and we got worse than what we paid for. The tub was so permanently stained, it looked like someone had used it instead of the toilet. The room in general was dirty, and the hallway smelled terrible; but the worst part was the stained sheets. Obviously two or more people had sex on the bed, then the bed was made without changing the linens. I'm still sick, just thinking about it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I'm very sorry for the issues. I'd like more information so that I can investigate the matter in more detail, so that we can ensure that we don't have such occurrences in the future. Feel free to contact me at (919)469-3400.

Jeff Horne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful, beyond that, you are on your own. Some light bulbs not working, cleaning staff should notice that. Had coffee maker in room, but no coffee. Had bathroom with tub but no shower curtain. Place has potential.

Room Tip: Very noisy at night in 2nd building. Room doors don't close properly, so guests had to slam the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the response. I'm sorry things did not meet your expectations and we working to correct the issues mentioned.
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant to stay here due to recent bad reviews. I will admit the afternoon staff was a little rude when I attempted to make a reservation, but I shrugged it off and came.

The lobby was neat and tidy. The lady at the desk was a little stand offish at first but warmed up quickly.

My room was clean and the best part....HARDWOOD FLOORS! So awesome! Will definitely stay here again and spread the word to family and friends.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us the review. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Danielsville, Georgia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The room was immaculate and Clean smelling. The front desk staff was top notch. I Booked again for another week stay. Stephon at front desk very professional and helpful. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Schaefferman987
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for the comments. I'll be sure to pass along your comments to our staff.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've never stayed in a RRA and I won't be staying in one again. Someone else made this reservation. Checked in after 6 hours on the road with 6 teenagers. In our room...there are NO working lightbulbs except in the bathroom. Front desk says you're only staying the night right...like that would be okay. No we are supposed to stay 3 nights for NC state Robotic compeition. He says we will have to wait for someone from mainentance to come in the morning. REALLY???
Oh...and there are NO Towels in our room...not one. Oh he says we can come to the next building and get some.
I change clothes go outside to the next building and he sees no reason for me to be upset.
Well... there's bargins and then there's plain unexceptable at any price. Hotel? Hostel?

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are desperate
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
I'm very sorry for the issues encountered on your recent stay. I'm conducting a detailed investigation into what you described to ensure that we don't repeat such events in the future.
Mooresville
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I wanted to give a good review as I am not in the habit of staying where I would have to give a bad one BUT no this place is lacking in keeping the place clean. I mean it was not the worst but certainly not very good. There was a big bag of garbage right outside the elevator door when we checked in and still there the next day! Room was kind of dusty and did not feel very clean. The room down the hall had kids running in and out of the room slamming doors and it was just so annoying. Talk about a DIRTY parking lot..Cigarette butts EVERYWHERE..I am sorry but they could do better than this.The one entrance that you were supposed to need a key to open the door was unlocked! People could just walk in. Toilet flushed very slow.Wires were hanging out of wall.It was really a dissapointing stay and I always check Trip Advisor. I just do not get the "clean" reviews. We just did not find it. Carpet coming off elevator was dirty and needed vaccuming. I would not ever want to stay there again. I have stayed at two other Red Roofs in different towns and they were clean!! There were a couple broken bottles with glass laying there both days also! Where are the cleaning crews? Now as far as the location..it was great area!! Hopefully they can get this place back in some kind of order and clean..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience; please accept my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence and assure you that this was an exception to our normal standards.

Morven, N. C.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have found my numerous visits to the RR Inn on Walnut Street very satisfactory. The staff there has always been ready to go the extra mile to help and the facility has been upfitted in recent times to make it more up to date. Among the staff, Halima, Amelia, and Stefan have always shown exemplary service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will pass along the comments and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you're in the area.