“Fallen on Hard times”

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fallen on Hard times”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

USED TO BE my motel of choice. Now: First room stale, had noisy heater that kept me awake, got a wake up call at wrong time & never got requested re-call, phone was sticky with a brown substance, maintenance supplies stacked in hall. 2nd nite's room: front desk failed to keep record of my move, a previous guest STOLE the clock, trash still in drawers, shower/drain not fully operable, outside hallway door freely opened without needing room key, lobby ran out of 'free' weak coffee by 7am. In general wrinkled, spotted, chipped, worn, cracked, paint-spattered, smelly conditions. Cancelled a future reservation to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
I'm truly sorry for the issues you encountered during your recent stay. We had just started renovations during your stay and we are continuing these renovations, as we also take steps to correct the concerns you mentioned. Thank you for making us aware of your concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights. I have stayed in Red Roof's for years and this must have been the WORST. Things were clean, maybe, but the place is worn out inside. The staff are very polite and friendly but I have to ask where are the Red Roof Brand Police? It has not been upgraded to the new room furniture and fittings and is way worn out. If you can get the place really, really cheap you may justify your stay but I do not recommend this location.

Room Tip: Find another Red Roof around Raleigh. There are other choices.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response and I'm sorry that the rooms didn't meet your expectations. We just recently started renovations and now have 25% of our rooms completed. We will continue renovations and should have 100% completion by the end of January 2013. The new rooms are a major upgrade and are a great value.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at Red Roof Inns many times over the years when travelling to Train Showsas a vendor. I am also a member of their Redi-Card program since 1991.
This location Did Not live up to the standards that I have become used to at Red Roof Inns for cleanliness and appearance. The room I was given had carpets that were stained and was barren with blank cement walls and a telephone that did not work.The new room that I was given after speaking to the desk clerk was clean but still lacked any amenities..

Room Tip: Do not get put in 2nd building. That was where the original room I was in located.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I'm sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay. We are taking corrective action to resolve the issues you mentioned. We are currently undergoing renovations as we upgrade the property. Please consider us again for your future lodging needs and thank you for taking the time to respond.
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We found this place on expedia and it was a fair price so we decided to stay here. You honestly get what you pay for. Cheap towels, stiff beds small rooms and bad water pressure in the shower. On top of all of that there was a bug crawling across the tv! I would definately reccommend paying for a nicer hotel, needless to say i will not be coming back.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank John C
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 20, 2012

In need of bright lights and a good spring cleaning, the foyer was old, tired and a bit dingy. Rooms were clean. AC was on HI and just barely cooled the room (needed serviced w/ freon)

OK stay for under $60, but would have payed $20 more for a better Room/Hotel.

Beds were old and tired... as was I when I woke up.

Room Tip: NO POOL, NO FREE Breakfast either... just hot Joe.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2012

service was dodgy at best. I parked at the furthest building, away from Walnut Street. I did not see a pool-- but even if I did I would not recommend it.
Front desk person was disinterested when I arrived at 6pm

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The man at the desk was extremely rude. There was what looked like urine on my sheets. Also, there were obvious blood streaks. There were three inch cock roaches in hallway and in the room itself. This place is absolutely disgusting an I would never recommend it to anyone, ever.

• Stayed July 2012
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I apologize for the issues you encountered and assure you that his is not the norm for our hotel. We are taking immediate action to resolve and prevent any such issues in the future.
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware.