“Room given away!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had confirmed reservations for a King Jacuzzi. Check in was 4pm. We arrived at 4:23. Our room was no longer available! Many excuses followed...all untrue before we finally found out it was given to someone at 3:15!!! The lady even said at one point " if we had been a little earlier". We were oferred a free room but choose not to stay where someone could so easily lie to us. This was a special night out for our Anniversary that sadly was ruined! I thought a confirmation number meant things were confirmed but I guess not here! They did tried to charge us $10.00 comp fee for the free room! It will be a long long time before we ever consider Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed: February 2014
6  Thank Gail0208
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Gail0208,
I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with your reservation. There is absolutely no excuse for our mistake and this trip should have been more upbeat and enjoyable than we have made it. With this trip being so important, we would like to see if we can make it up to you. The confirmation does mean something and we should have better planned for your arrival. Please accept my sincere apology and know that we are very much wanting to change your mind about the overnight experience you had. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to re-create your Anniversary and give you a more positive memory.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I hadn't planned on staying in Cary but I'm glad I did! And I'm glad I shopped around too - the Hilton next door was trying to charge $50 more (and judging solely by the lobby it isn't worth the upcharge...) anyway, I ended up at the Holiday Inn and couldn't have been happier. The parking lot wasn't too crowded when I walked in and Bryce at the front desk was very helpful. He got me into a suite for less than the Hilton was asking for a regular room so I couldn't complain! I told him I was hungry so he let me know who would deliver that late and what was in the area. My room was nice, clean, and bed d

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
CaryHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear RyanB

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am beyond elated to hear that your stay was most enjoyable. A few of the principles that serves as a foundation for us are: Quality, Value and Customer Service; we're glad that you were able to experience all three. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to acknowledge our employees who go above and beyond to create a memorable experience. We will make sure Bryce receives your kind words.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here with work for 20 days this month. Will be going back so here are some points which are good and some where improvement is required:

- Dinner is so much better than the usual Holiday Inn Fayre, However serve on warm plates and it will be even better
- Breakfast is good with plenty of choice but whilst staff were very friendly and welcoming, I regularly did not receive coffee as it was overlooked
- No recognition as a priority club member was received until I questioned this. No platinum room upgrade was offered.
- The aircon, shower and other room equipment works which is rare within the Holiday Inn chain.
- Room was good (bed very comfy) but quite dark. Given the building layout I'm not sure there is much that can be done about this)

The hotel has the feel of a Holiday Inn Express which is no bad thing. it seems to be busy at weekends so beware of unruly children and high noise levels. Location is within walking distance of numerous shops and restaurants.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AJO_UK

Dear AJO_UK,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We appreciate your checklist and will be sure to bring all of your bullet items to the attention of our hotel staff. We take pride in making our guests feel like they are home away from home; and I am sure that after being here 20 days, you appreciated our efforts.

If there is anything we can do to prepare for your next stay, please do not hesitate to call ahead and leave your request for the Manager on Duty.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was on a business trip and stayed in your hotel for the time I was here in Raleigh, everything was just great and I was close to everything I needed. The staff did an outstanding job with helping me out with everything I needed, I think the gentleman name was Tez that helped me out. Thank you again.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Newday2407,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am beyond elated to hear that you had, "The best stay ever!" When we built this hotel, we took a great deal of consideration to ensure that our guests would have an enhanced experience with the close proximity of shopping and activities.

Customer service is our top priority and the feedback we receive from our valued guests, enables us to acknowledge our employees who go above and beyond to create a memorable experience.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I never stayed at a holiday Inn hotels. I typically stay at Hilton hotels for work. I had a bit of issue with the hotel I was staying at. I contacted the holiday inn and the gentleman Tez that answered the phone was work and friendly. I explained to him my situation. He gave me a very comfortable rate of $134.99 with bk. I came over right away...Very nice hotel, service was outstanding! My highlight was chef Juan very nice and outgoing personality. Overall I am very impressed with the Holiday inn. I will return back soon!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
CaryHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Sheila D,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am beyond elated to hear that your stay was most enjoyable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to acknowledge our employees who go above and beyond to create a memorable experience.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Staff was professional and polite, anything they could do to make my stay comfortable. Shantez was very helpful and professional with assisting me with my stay. The room was great, the fitness center was clean and I enjoy the bar and service of food.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Leonard9Woods,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I just want to comment that the assistance I got when making a reservation was above and beyond standard customer service. I spoke with Clay from the front desk twice. He was accommodating, helpful, answered every single question with no frustration in his voice, even though my husband would say that I always ask one question too many. He was very detailed and helpful. Very clear about what the hotel does and doesn't offer. Very clear about rates and room types. My family and I are looking forward to our upcoming stay. Thank you Clay and thank you Holiday Inn for hiring such top notch people!

Room Tip: Have your questions ready in advance of calling the front desk. Your Q&A session will be smooth...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business