“Great experience”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Mayodan, North Carolina
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Every staff member we met was very friendly & helpful. We requested an early check-in & the room was ready when we got there. The room was very clean & comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good & the wait staff was right there to get anything we needed. The fitness room & pool areas were great. Hotel was in a very nice area of town - felt very secure & safe returning late at night. Would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Randy27027

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I had completely lost faith in the Holiday Inn brand of hotels. However, this particulary property restored my trust in the brand. The staff was friendly and professional. Our room was exceptionally clean. The recent upgrades to the property are really nice...contemporary yet still a homey feel. The bathroom was clean and the linen was super bright white...VERY NICE!
I just hope that as I plan to travel and use Holiday Inn in the future that I find the same cleanliness and professional staff.

Room Tip: Comfortable room!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Uteachme1
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel was very clean and the service was very nice. Service desk woman Daffie was a really sweet woman. We will be back!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tarrs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 11, 2011

On a recent spur of the moment business trip to Raleigh, I found myself serching for lodging and was happy to find a Holiday Inn near my destination. Having often stayed at Holiday Inn's I expected a clean room and pleasant atmosphere. What I found at this hotel was even better, the room was very clean, nicely decotated and had plenty of work space for my lap top and breifcase. The staff was so helpful I had forgotten some personal items and they had what I needed. They also recommended where I could shop for a gift I had forgotten to bring. I was happy to see it was centrally located near shopping and resturants. In the morning I was pleasantly greeted by the wait staff and had a great breakfast and the coffee was even good! I had a very good experience and plan to stay there in September. I really could not complain about anything, internet was a tad slow but I was told that was being upgraded in August so I am sure my next stay will be perfect!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sandra B
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Every time I come to the Raleigh area I always stay at this hotel. I always get the best service from check in to check out. The best is from Dot in the resturant and the bar. We talk some awesome basketball since she is personal friends of John Wall. She's a sweetheart and a great asset to Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Edenton, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have been meaning to post something as this happened a while ago. Still, me and partner drove from the coast to drop off our son to begin his freshman year at NCSU. We were not expecting to stay the night but we ended up having car trouble and got stuck. The Holiday Inn just so happened to be within walking distance from the place where our car was being repaired. We walked in and were surprised. We loved the red color scheme of the entire hotel. Very comfortable. They have a bar and restaurant that was open late. The entire three days that we stayed there we were baffled by the service. Dolorous and Austin specifically were a great help, and were hilarious. What I loved most was, the morning when we checked out we we're headed to campus and unsure of where we were in relation to campus. Austin let us follow him back that way as I think he said lived near campus or was headed that way. The male food and beverage manager (whose name I forgot) was also very pleasant. Thanks for making a uncomfortable situation tolerable.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Suite. The room was split into two seperate areas. Fridge/Microwave. Sofa. Two f...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank StayProudJohn
CaryHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Congrats to your son attending college at NCSU. It"s so good to hear when my staff goes above and beyond. I have a really good team and our goal is to always go above and beyond for all our guest. I want to "Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I know you will be back in the area to visit your son or maybe even catch one of the sporting events at NCSU. Please call me directly to book your next reservation and I will continue to take care of you. Thanks again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed with a team of "pony league" teen age girls. I can't say enough about the wonderful manager, assistant and staff. As you know teen girls can be a bit over zealous at times. This hotel truly understood are needs and the staff went beyond to ensure our stay was great. Also, the hotel was extremely clean and very comfortable since each room is a suite. A big shout out to Kenyetta and Karen for all they do to make their guests happy!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
I heard the tournament went very well for your team. It is always a pleasure to have the "Pony league" at our hotel. My staff and I strive for great customer service and I am happy we understood your groups needs. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again next year.