“Forget the espresso” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bocci Trattoria & Pizzeria

Bocci Trattoria & Pizzeria
Ranked #32 of 451 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bocci Trattoria & Pizzeria is a family-owned and operated full service Italian restaurant specializing in Classic Italian fare and sensational pizzas. Private dining room that can accomodate up to 50 people. Catering and takeout available. Outdoor seating and live music.
Cary, North Carolina
“Forget the espresso”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Following our tradition to get together with close friends once a week, this time we decided to go to Bocci in Cary.
Considering that we were a relative large group, we decided to make a reservation, which worked very well. Upon arrival our table was ready for us on a separate room, away from all the noise of the bar area, which was great.
We tried the fried calamari that was very good and the portion was generous.
We ordered several different dishes and they were all very tasty with no exception. The portions were very large so everyone took half of their dish back home (it is definitely possible to share some of them).
On the other hand, the deserts, even though very good, were considerably small, but nothing too serious.
The only thing we ordered that we did not like was the espresso coffee. What we got was a very small regular coffee. We even complained to the waiter who checked with the manager who confirmed that this was espresso in his opinion, which I completely disagree. The coffee we got had no foam what means that them machine which was used had no high pressure pump - most probaly one of these Keurig or similar (I recommend the manager to learn about espresso by checking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espresso_Coffee).

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Decent food, terrible service and atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Gnocchi, chicken piccata and pizza were all good. Sausage stuffed mushrooms appetizer was disgusting.
Service moved along at a snails pace. The "manager" walked by out table several times and did not stop once. It was obvious to anyone that we were not enjoying ourselves.
The ambiance was horrible. The place was so loud that you could not hear the person across the table from you.
Half way thru out meal we asked for boxes, paid the bill and left.
Bottom line; good food, would not return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Consistently great food and wonderful ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This neighborhood trattoria is close by to me and we eat there a lot. Always good, love nonni's pizza and the pasta dish specials are hard to decide which to eat, every one is excellent. Great service, good wine and value and pleasant atmosphere. Wonderful for couples or families since it has intimate dining spaces and open ones for large parties.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“We've had some good, and excellent, meals here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Overall, this place is pretty consistent (we've eaten here many times). Typically good overall, and once in a while they hit it out of the park. My husband loves the seafood fantasia pasta. I've had a bunch of good dishes, but the one that stands out is the veal porterhouse, which is better than anything I've had at any local steak places, and half the price. The service is friendly, but sometimes you'll have to wait longer than expected for your food. We'll keep returning though, and bring family here often.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Ashland, Massachusetts
“If this is pizza......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

So I was looking for pizza while on a business trip in Cary NC. I used trip advisor and it seemed that Bocci was close and had good pizza. I'm not sure what good pizza is down here in Cary but bocci did not have it. I ordered the brick oven (thin crust, garlic, sauce, mozzarella - basic) which I was told was exactly the same as the Nanna pizza which is their special house pizza but round and 75 cents cheaper- straight from the waitress. After 25 minutes, there were maybe 30 people in the restaurant, I received my pizza. It was more a big cracker with a smattering of sauce (good sauce but not spread around literarily dolloped around) smothered in too much cheese and not enough oil. I crunched the first bite and it reminded me of when my old grandmother would make pizza with matzo, cheese and hunts tomato paste- so it did have a quality of 'what grandma used to make' but not in a good oily thin pizza slice- not NY/NJ heck not even Florida. The waitress asked what I thought and I said well its ok and not really traditional pizza but I don't think she heard me because she had already walked away- she was more interested in the bartender she kept talking to. I crunched down half paid my 15$ (had a beer- a blue moon and they did not give me a lemon slice) and left. When I left the hostess did not say goodbye, heck even the 2 guys mulling around in front- looked like owners maybe didn't say goodbye. Really either I hit them on really bad night or the other reviewers have never had good pizza, maybe their other food is good?

1 Thank Omni99