“Better than other DT's in the area”

DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The staff at this property stood out immediately. The front desk person was friendly and knowledgeable (and a bit overwhelmed by a huge group who had just checked in.)
He did not forget to give us our warm check-in cookies, though, which made our daughter happy.
The room was comfortable, quiet and well appointed. The bathroom was spotless and fully stocked. There was plenty of room in both the bathroom and sleeping area for all of our stuff.
The woman working the breakfast buffet the next morning was pleasant and a very hard worker! She never stopped moving, getting drink refills, condiments and special orders to all of the tables seated when we were.
We will definitely stay at this location again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Cerrie D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

I am the General Manager of the DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh-Cary and want to thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor.

We are blessed to have a great team and they all work very hard to make sure that our guests needs are met. Maura loves her job in the restaurant. She takes pride in her work and her restaurant.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel isn't easy to find but is worth it when you do. Property is in fantastic condition and housekeeping does a solid job. Indoor pool and fitness center are not too big but function well. Very inviting lobby and breakfast each day is very tasty and with a super friendly and attentive staff as well. Movie theater across the street and several places treat and shop are nearby. Safe area to jog or walk as well.

If there was one ding, I do agree it is the low flow shower heads. I waste more water having to shower twice as long. That in itself is not enough to keep me from returning for a third week later this month.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Cerrie D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

AverageJoe55

I am the General Manager of the DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh-Cary and would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to fill out a review on Trip Advisor.

You said it all and we appreciate the great response. We look forward to you visiting us again!

Thank you for your business!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was the last room available within 15 miles, so I was skeptical, having never stayed at Doubletree. Omar took my call to hold the room and greeted me like a frequent guest at check-in. The room was very clean with no odors or fragrance and already at a very comfortable 72 degrees. The large desktop easily accommodated 2 laptops and IPad. Although the hotel was fully booked, the room was extremely quiet and I was able to work without interruption. Excellent WiFi connection, with easy access. Wolfgang Puck coffeemaker is easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee. The bedding and pillows are top of the line. The bathroom is large with plenty of clean, soft towels. I liked the additional security that requires room key to access vending which is conveniently located by te elevator. I recommend and drive a few extra miles to stay again next time I am there on business.( 9/12/2012 stay)

• Stayed: September 2012

Hello Bikr09

I am the General Manager of our hotel and would like to Thank You for the great response on Trip Advisor. It was a busy week in our area and we are glad you were able to stay with us.

Omar is definitely a jewel and he really cares about our guests. He always goes above and beyond. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and work very hard to make sure that our rooms are clean and needs are met.

We look forward to seeing you again on your travels to the Raleigh-Cary area.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I'm a frequent traveler and stay at Hilton properties almost exclusively. And the Doubletree brand delivers consistant quality and value. Having said that, whoever designed the showers & purchased the showerheads for the rooms at the Cary, NC hotel should be fired. At a height of over 7 feet, the showerhead is too far above your head, even for very tall people. On top of that, the low-flow showerhead they chose delivers a fine mist instead of a stream of water. By the time the water hits your body, it is more like a humid day than a shower. In response to a previous complaint about the shower heads, the general manager said they increased the water pressure to aleviate the problem. But quite frankly, if they did, it did not help! Next time, I think I'll stay at the Hilton Garden Inn which is right next door.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Cerrie D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Hello Jim-

I am the General Manager at the DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh-Cary and appreciate your tripadvisor response. We have been working diligently on the shower pressure and we believe we have it fixed. We have purchased new shower heads and working on a few other items. This has been and continues to be a priority for our hotel. I hope that you will come back and see the changes that we have accomplished. We listen to our guest and if there is an issue we do everything possible to fix it. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you at your convenience. My direct line is 919.239.4779.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in a king room. The only complaint in the shower head. It was too high, I'm 5'5 and it was pretty much a mist by the time it got down to me. Other then that the room was great! Even the breakfast in the morning had a great selection. And who can beat the warm cookies everynight! I would go back just for that :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Cerrie D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Cathy

I am Cerrie DeBos the General Manager at the DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh-Cary. I want to thank you for the outstanding post.

We work very hard to make sure our guest have exceptional service and it is indeed a pleasure to hear we accomplished this during your stay. I am sorry about the experience of the shower being higher. When you arrive next time we will be sure to have you in a room with the tub and that may work a little better for you. The cookies are outstanding and it is amazing what an impact they make.

I look forward to meeting you on your return trip to Raleigh-Cary.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great place to stay for business. Hotel appears to have been refinished recently from lobby to hallway and rooms. Finish is nice and rooms/common areas are spotless. Staff is friendly and breakfast is worth the time. Options for breakfast are plentiful. Area surrounding hotel has plenty of shopping (including Target) and restaurants. IMAX movie theater is literally right across the street. This is the BEST place to stay in this area. Not the easiest to find from the interstate or highway but worth it when you get there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had a great stay at the DoubleTree (by Hilton) Hotel in Cary, NC. The hotel and its facilities (pool, gym, bar/restaurant) are clean, my room was quite roomy and the bed and pillows were plush, and the warm chocolate chip cookies provided tasted great. My overall experience was great, and the location is in walking distance of multiple shopping centers and restaurants. Definitely I'm looking forward to staying at the DoubleTree on my next business trip!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Cerrie D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Ronald

I am the General Manager of the DoubleTre Raleigh-Cary and I would like to thank you for staying with us while visiting Raleigh-Cary. It is always great to receive such reviews and it is helpful for other travelers to hear about your experience. I love our cookie too- they are fabulous! We look forward to you visiting us again in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!