“Great Menu”

Dining options: Late Night
Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Great Menu”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was going to be like most of the tap rooms but it wasn't. It had a menu with lots of selections: wraps, entrees, sandwiches, appetizers, etc. I had the BBQ chicken pizza which wasn't too bad. My friends both had sandwiches and loved theirs also. The price as good also. Would go again.

Visited February 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food - Nice owners”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Local place and these guys are good people. Clear they know what they are doing and work hard to make you happy. Our waitress was busy but still attentive. Food was really good. Nice selection of draft beer

Visited January 2013
1 Thank NCPETE
Cary, North Carolina
“Average Food Below Average Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A pizza and pasta restaurant disguised as a sports bar accomplishes neither. My first trip was my last trip. There are many better places than this in the area. I had one of the easiest items on the menu... the meatball parm sandwich with Ruckus's own marinara sauce. The best part of the sandwich was the bread. I believe the sandwich was walked past the pot of sauce. My wife fared better with her Ruckus brisket sandwich. We were told everything here was good. That is what they advertise. The draft beer selection was weak. In addition, no prices were posted for the beer anywhere. In general, all the flat screen tv's in the world will not make it a "pizza sports bar."

• Visited January 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good, big pizza. Nice bar to watch a game, fun on trivia night”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I frequent this Ruckus. I like the pizza a lot-- the Xtra large is pretty massive, and it's always really good, regardless of which pizza I order. It may not fit into your car door, so watch out.

I've had many of the apps and sandwiches, all very good. Service is always good as well.

Great place to grab a beer in the Cary Crossroads/Tryon area. They have good specials, big TV's inside and out to watch the game. In my opinion, the best. Nice, large outdoor patio with TV's. I recently went on team trivia night during the week and had a great time. There was a big crowd and the people leading the trivia were entertaining.

• Visited September 2012
Apex, North Carolina
“Good food but awful environment”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our dining experience was truly the worst I've had in years.

The problem is that this place is a sports bar that just happens to serve food. Unfortunately, I was looking for a restaurant, not a bar. I don't dispute the food is very good. The problem is that the place is so atrociously noisy and crowded, both inside and out, that the food quality becomes irrelevant. During our experience a crowd of pre-teens ran amuck in the dining room, while the close proximity of tables in the outdoor dining section meant that I was spaced less than a foot from the next diner on either side of me. The table was wobbly, so I had to steal the laminated table advertisements to place under the table leg. Service was lackluster - I found myself eating ice to finish my meal since beverage refills were sparse.

After leaving, I felt like I had just tried to set a table and dine in the middle lane of I-40 during the evening commute. Under no circumstance will I go back - dinner out should help relieve stress, not create it.

• Visited November 2012
RobertRRaleigh, Owner at Ruckus Pizza, Pasta and Spirits, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Ah, well, yes. The good thing is we are a very busy restaurant. The bad thing is we are a very busy restaurant. We do have great food and our service is usually fantastic. My apologies for the lackluster service. The environment - well it is a popular sports bar with great food and friendly service. We execute at this exceptionally well and have become the go to spot for families, kids, adults, seniors, groups - well just about every demographic out there.
I agree that we can be on sensory overload on a busy night at Ruckus but we try to accommodate every guest as quick as possible. We have a large outdoor dining area that is enclosed during the winter. The tables are close together so we can accommodate more guests during this time which does mean that the tables are quite close together. We call this Meet Your Neighbor night.
As with anything in life, you like some things and you don't like some things. Hopefully we can part friends but you will tell your friends how Great the food was.