“Great hotel - fun with young children!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We went to Cary for the weekend and stayed in the Embassy Suites and had a wonderful time. The hotel rooms are HUGE - and perfect for people with young children (we have 3 - and we all fit perfectly in the rooms!). The breakfast is beyond amazing, with plenty to choose from (even my egg white preference) and the children had huge waffles and cereal. We swam in the indoor pool (which is heated) in the morning, enjoyed their happy hour in the afternoon, and watched the large fish inside (which was very entertaining). I would go back to this hotel anytime I go to Cary!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jpmcc1

Reviewed June 24, 2010

With all of the new properties in this triangle area, you would think that this property would try to keep up. However, this is not the case - the rooms are vintage early 1990's and smelled abit "wet". The reason I'm not rating this a 2 star is the service more than makes up for the age of the property. The staff in the breakfast area are efficient and pleasant. Check in was a snap, they have a free shuttle to/from the RDU airport. This is not a corporate property so perhaps that is the reason for the delay in Hilton 4-star quality sheets, room features, etc. With the other newer choices within a few miles of the airport, I would stay somewhere else (for this trip, the meeting was in the hotel).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank rggsquared
Reviewed June 22, 2010

This is probably the 5th time we've stayed in this hotel on the way to the ocean. The separate bedroom is perfect for traveling with kids because you can put them to bed without having to go to sleep at 8:30. This is the first time we got there in time for the manager's reception in the evening. They told us about it at the front desk upon check-in, and we enjoyed soda and drinks after a long day of driving. The room service was reasonably priced for room service, but more than I would have paid for the food somewhere else. Breakfast was amazing for a free breakfast, and in fact I would have gladly paid if it was required. The downside of the Embassy Suites in general is having to pay for internet. However, there was a code inside the key card folder that allowed us to access it for free. I don't know if that was a part of hhonors or not, but we happily used it. Another great stay at this hotel for us. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank flightlessbirds
Reviewed June 8, 2010

In preparation for a busy hectic day, which included a long drive I wanted to go to bed at 9:30. By 10:30 the air conditioner was so loud and rumbling I couldn't sleep. I called and asked if their was another room available. Dan said they were completely full, but offered to send an engineer up. He came said I'd have to run it on low , but he thought it would work , he'd have to replace the motor in the morning. Just before 1am I was awaken, perspiring because the the air conditioner was putting out hot air. I called and Dan said all he could tell me was to open a window. I told him I expected some compensation for this horrible experience, he said he would write in in his report.
At check out nothing was said so I asked Robert. He looked it up and said he would take care of placing my reward stay back in my account. ( I am a Hilton Diamond member) I waited a week , nothing happened, I called and spoke with Chris , the manager he said he would take care of it that day, I waited another week nothing . I finally called Hilton Corp. , they will take care of me. However, this hotel needs to better maintain its equipment and they should have been far more hospitable since I was only able to sleep about 90 min. the entire night Awful experience. I am accustomed to far better service from Hilton properties.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank TEF2005
Reviewed January 11, 2010

What an incredible hotel! I was up in Raleigh for a conference and stayed overnight. The Embassy Suites is a modern, classy, and immaculately clean hotel in a convenient area. I particularly enjoyed the Manager's Reception with free cocktails after a long day on the road. The room was large, comfortable, and spotless. The business center and exercise room were also very welcome. Service could not have been more friendly or professional. Thanks so much to Mr. Soren at the front desk for going above and beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank cjm77
Reviewed November 6, 2009

This Embassy Suites is like all the others - great atrium, enjoyable manager's reception, excellent breakfast, comfy suites, good value for the money. The beds are just the best - I hit them after a long day and I'm out.

But as I sat at breakfast this morning, completing the last day of my drive east from New Mexico, something just seemed off.

And I figured it out. The place is certainly a place for the business traveler. The service, while good, seemed robotic. The staff was attentive, yet emotionless. The breakfast area was saturated with business types with their laptops - as was the manager's reception. Nothing wrong with that, but ... didn't seem the type of place for a family. Even the building itself from the outside seemed ... imposing.

One thing I HATE about Embassy Suites - charging for internet. I guess they need to make up for the free drinks and breakfast somehow. Anyway, standard $9.95 to connect.

I will give the management team credit for allowing me to bring my pets in under "special circumstances" ... and the property is beautiful on the inside and the staff professional ... but I just didn't feel completely at east with my family. But stay here with confidence ... I'd probably give them another shot.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cne24
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Pros: Comfortable king bed with lots of pillows. Quiet spacious suite with sitting area and bedroom, almost too large for a single business traveler. Great free breakfast with custom-made omelets and plenty of other choices. Great service: My colleagues and I arrived very late after a long trip from the West Coast, but the check-in staff was friendly and the bartender was happy to pull us beers from the tap well after the normal close.

Cons: Charging for wireless internet access feels a little like nickel and diming the customer. My room looked out on the service roof, with the AC units and all (minor complaint given it was a single night biz stay).

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank NWtripster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#7 of 22 in Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!