Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The gentleman that was overseeing the Dining Room at Breakfast and Lunch went out of his way to remember my name and to greet me by name each time he saw me. The front desk folks were very professional and helpful and the condition of the facilities were superior to what you would expect even at the level of an Embassy Suites. Great place to stay and an excellent group rate for our Conference.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear John M: Thank you and your group for choosing our hotel. We have a great service team and great service leadership. The manager you mentioned was probably Jamey our Restaurant Manager. I will thank him for his service. I am delighted that he made a point of remembering you. He just loves seeing our guests enjoy their stay. Thank you for your many generous comments on the hotel. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Russ Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is an especially clean and modern Embassy Suites. The bedroom and separate living rooms were both large, clean with very new furniture. Comfortable bed with nice linens. Clean, well stocked bathroom with hairdryer. Very good breakfast buffet and nice snacks and drinks reception in the evenings all included with the room price. Plenty of parking, easy to find off highway. Very friendly and helpful staff. We stayed a week and needed to work during the days (visiting family in the evenings) and we were able to be quite productive with the large table in the living room and an extra desk in the bedroom. Plus nice sofa and chair in the living room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear 51joanb: Thank you for choosing us for your hotel in our area with your family. I am delighted that our hotel worked out well for you and your family for both work and leisure time to visit family in the area. Embassy Suites is an ideal design and amenity package for this type of visit. Thank you for your very nice comments on the condition and our service team. They are just the best.

I hope to see you on your next vivist to the area.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've been traveling to Cary for business a lot recently and was very impressed with this hotel. Right across the street you can stay at the Umstead for twice the money. Embassy Suites offers a lot more value, larger room and Hilton points. Hard to beat. If you want upscale/luxury, go across the street but for a decent place to stay and good value, Embassy Suites is the winner. Several restaurants and stores in the area. Quick ride to the airport and RTP. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Passline7741: Thank you for choosing us on your travels to the RDU area. Thank you for your very kind comments and scoring. Embassy Suites is a great value with all suites, complimentary cooked to order breakfast and complimentary evening reception. I am flattered that you compared us to the Umstead Hotel, a beautiful five diamond hotel. I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

Tennessee
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I ended up at the Embassy Suites for 5 nights after another hotel I was confirmed at overbooked. I was traveling to the Duke area with a teenager on a medical trip.

We felt very much at home :

The hotel has nice water features in the atrium ...little water falls, creek, bridge etc.
Enjoyed the fitness room which was pretty well equipped with all major cardio options ( treadmills, ellipticals and one recumbant) , free weights, a mat, some benchy things.

Indoor pool and spa ( sauna was out of order). We did use the pool until more and more families, wedding parties, baseball teams etc started checking in and it got crowded. For lap swimmers, there are amazing pools in the area for a few bucks ( Triad Aquatics is the best pool I have ever been to- and Campus Hills was really nice, too ) so don't sweat it if you can't get a workout here.

The restaurant was very accommodating with some special needs we had ...not just once, but several different meals.( Be aware a lot of these Hotels have fake eggs....ask if you care....real ones are available).

The hotel is surrounded by trees yet walking distance to a Starbucks and yuppy sandwichy spots.
There is a forested lot adjacent to the hotel for sale and it would be nice if it were preserved...as forest....

Beds were comfortable and had pillow options.

Business center was in good working order.

Front desk manager (josh, I think) was helpful and accommodating.

The towels smelled peculiar. A little moldy, yet perfumed. It is not the first time I have smelled hotel
Towels like this...not sure what the problem is. Fortunately, I had towels in the car. I asked the housekeeper and she just thought it was the detergent.

The most disappointing thing was really the guests....most guests did not seem to realize or care that a tip was appropriate at breakfast...even though it was free. And people with three and four kids not tipping...and not supervising their kids.....and sports teams not tipping ( be nice if the traveling teams received some education in hotel etiquette)-gee whiz, it was a little embarrassing
To be a guest.

I don't mind tipping at a hotel, but really do not like to pay for parking and fortunately, this hotel has free parking.

A lot of folks complain about the internet fee, but I just used my phone for some internet and business office...and am a honors member anyway, so would not have been an issue.

Rooms were not gorgeous...sone kind of 80s theme?! But I found them clean and more than we needed. Microwave and fridge provided. No freezer was in my frige.

Room Tip: We stay by elevator due to mobility issue.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear HillbillyMermaid: I'm happy that you landed with us. I am sorry that an overbook at another hotel caused you an inconvenience. Thank you for your very thorough review of our hotel. Our service team enjoys watching you enjoy your stay and are not deterred by tipping absence but thank you for your concern for them. I will look into your towel observation. Most importantly, I hope that you teenage child is doing well and that all of your future travels are pleasant.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice hotel as usual with Embassy Suites. Breakfast is worth paying more and the kids love it and can go by themselves while we sleep in. No free WiFi (for non-Hilton Honors members) for this level of hotel and pricing seems like a mistake in 2014.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear 993patrickw: Thank you for staying with us with your family. Embassy Suites is a great value for families. The two room suites, complimentary cooked to order breakfast and complimentary reception make it a family choice for many travelers. Free wifi is available for Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond level. We also have a 24 hour business center in the lobby with complimentary WIFI. I hope to see you and your family on your next trip to the area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I always think Embassy Suites provide a great deal, and this was a typical Embassy Suites. Comfy, large room, great breakfast, nice complimentary happy hour makes it a great choice for a business stay. I had no issues, but hate that Wifi is not included in the rooms for free. I would stay there again, though.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Christine A: Thank you for being a Senior Contributor and thank you for choosing our hotel for your home away from home on business travel. I appreciate your very kind comments on the suite size and complimentary services. Hilton Hhonors Gold and Diamond level recieve free WIFI systemwide. We also provide free internet access with our withour your own computer in the business center which is on the lobby level and open 24 hours. I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

Paget, Bermuda
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Typical Embassy Suites. Clean and classy. Fairly quick shuttle service from hotel. Breakfast was great with made to order omelets and a variety of baked goods. Very disappointed to find out wifi was not included when paying over $200 a night to stay and am an HHonors member.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear BermudaSkiBum: Thank you for staying with us and for your very nice comments on our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and shuttle service. I am glad that you are a Hhonors member. WIFI is complimentary with Gold and Diamond status. We also offer complimentary WIFI in our business center which is open 24 hours a day just off of the lobby. I hope to see you on future visits to our area.

Russ Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#6 of 22 in Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
SpringHill Suites Raleigh Cary
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!