“I expected MORE from the Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a week ago for a work function. From the moment we arrived, our reservation was deleted. 2 hours later there's a false fire alarm. All 3 nights I slept there, all you could hear were doors slamming. Mainly from the college ball teams bunking at the hotel. But the cherry on top was the fact I got stuck in the elevator for 10 min. 2 out of 3 elevators were malfunctioning/ shut down my entire stay. The best part of my trip was the breakfast and free drinks and snacks during happy hour. Sorry for the negative review, but I truly expected more from this hotel chain and for the price I paid.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear canefan05: Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry for the reservation and elevator problems that you encountered. I am glad that you enjoyed the Complimentary Evening Reception and Cooked to Order Breakfast. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area. I am sure that we can do a better job of managing noise during an amateur althletic event. Thank you for your perspective.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

They say they have a reception at night- Mind you it was a pile of small cheese bites on a tray- some crackers- stale pretzels...and some kind of mix similar to Chex-and a dip-- UGHIE- This property is now showing age in the carpet, etc. The biggest draw for me is the pool area- with the hot tub- it is quite nice- and their gym was well used by many.

Breakfast was ok--- not nearly as good as a Hilton Garden but better than most--- However should be for this much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.... Staff was just ok- with the exception of the nicest black woman- and I apologize for not remembering her name-usually as I explained to her- women at the front desk tend to be nicer and more helpful to men travelers than women this gal--- was G R E A T!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dawn2010 Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I am sorry that we disappointed you with our snacks at the Complimentary Evening Reception. I am glad that the fitness center worked out well for you. I will use your note to thank all of our great front desk team members for the GREAT service that you received.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here for the Tobacco Road Marathon because it was the host hotel. It was nice to be in same hotel as the expo. Overall, this was a good hotel. The room was very spacious and comfortable. I was on the 3rd floor and didn't notice any noise from the atrium. The lobby and atrium were very attractive. The bathroom in my room was a bit dated and could have used some TLC (there were some cracks and spots). The room had a microwave, sink, and plenty of storage area for food. However, I found the clothing drawer space to be lacking (only 3 small drawers) and the closet was small. The Notre Dame baseball team was staying in the hotel and the night before the marathon I could hear voices next door. That was the only night I heard voices through the wall (I was there for 3 nights). Ear plugs helped.

I was shocked that they only had one employee working check-in the day before the marathon. The hotel was likely sold out and most of the runners were probably checking in that day and ONE employee? I had checked in the day before so it didn't bother me but I saw long lines at check-in and the one employee had to handle it all by himself. There were many times throughout my stay that I called the front desk and never got an answer, even after waiting for 5 minutes listening to the phone ring. They should reassess their staffing.

I reported a clogged sink in the bathroom twice and it did not appear to have been fixed.

The pool was nice but the hot tub was cracked and needs some TLC.

The hotel was in a good location off of the highway and near shopping and restaurants. I appreciated the wonderful complimentary hot breakfast. And the evening appetizers and drinks were great. The staff overall was very friendly and helpful. I was never able to get Wifi despite following the directions given to me. And some of the cable channels (even basic ones like CBS) didn't work.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: A room away from the elevator is always good. If you are afraid of heights, get a lower floor becau...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Deare rtsb22: Thank you for staying with us and for your nice comments on our hotel. I am sorry about the short staffing at the desk during your stay. I will look into it. I hope the race went well for you. I hope to see you next year.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I felt welcomed and safe in this hotel. The lobby is gorgeous, and the facility well-kept. Food is above average, and staff efficient and friendly. The atmosphere was upbeat and accommodating. Very close to the airport, nice restaurants, Starbucks, shopping, etc. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Ruth R: I am delighted that our hotel and surrounding restaurants, airport and shops worked out so well for you. We work very hard at clealiness, maintenance and very friendly service. Thank for you for mentioning all of them. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I we pleasantly surprised that the hotel was really a great choice for us. The price was great and the service and food were outstanding. The room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear William S: Thank you for choosing our hotel. I am very happy that the cleanliness, food and service worked out so well for you. Thank you for the very nice rating. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The stay from beginning to end from amazing. The hotel hosted the Marathon expo so I had the hotel and expo in the same spot. I was offered a room on the one of the high floors and it was so quiet that I was able to rest before the race adequately. There was a baseball team staying somewhere in the hotel but never heard them. The location was perfect from the airport. The breakfast on SAT was amazing and best of all - COMPLIMENTARY!!!!!. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is running the race in a heartbeat. The beds were comfy and the water was very warm at all times- Especially after the cooler marathon. One little negative was that the cable channels were not working the whole stay and I reported this to front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors and don't forget to eat the "FREE" Breakfast. It i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Roger T: Thank you for staying with us for the Tobacco Road Marathon. It is a great event and we are proud to act as host hotel. I hope you did well. The weather looked a little wet and cold. Thank you for your great comments on the hotel. We are a choice location for all types of sporting groups. Good luck in your future competitive events.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hotel was pleasant. As always a beautiful property. Food was good. Staff was unhelpful for the most part and too busy to care for the customer. Better things to do like laugh at the front desk. Had to shut off the AC as it wouldn't stop blowing on the couch even when the room had reached the right temp. When I went to retrieve a cold pack I had left with the front desk to be put in the freezer in the kitchen overnight, I was told it would be easier for me to go and ask the kitchen staff for it than to have the front desk handle that. Really? Beautiful hotel. A few problems that will hopefully be corrected before my next stay.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Tom O: Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I am sorry that we let you down on basic guest service. It is our objective to anticiapte your needs and make your stay right when we let you down. I will share your comments with our Front Office Manager. It looks like a coaching opportunity. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Russ Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!