Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Raleigh, United States
“My review”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Over all I really enjoyed my stay. I had booked a room for a wedding nearby and it was a really great choice to be able to get dressed at the hotel and to not have to worry about anything. It was super quiet which is an added bonus since I wake up to sounds easy. I booked a room with a king size bed and it was really great to have so much space! I wasn't able to enjoy breakfast as it was a spring forward hour change and I woke up I only had enough time to repack, shower and check out. I liked the entrance with the koy fish that was really cool to look at from the fourth floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Ryan H: Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to the area for a wedding. I am delighted that the suite provided you a quiet home away from home for your visit. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Sincerely

Russ Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Raleigh
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I do really like the Embassy Suites brand and hotels they have. I've stayed at many of them. Having said that, I'd suggest that you consider staying at a more modern Embassy Suites just minutes away in Brier Creek / RDU. That ES property is very modern, newer and more comfortable. I'm surprised that this ES hasn't made any upgrades. Room size is good but you can just tell that this property needs a facelift specifically bathrooms and beds. The rates for this hotel are comparable to much newer and nicer accommodations all very close to here. I'd suggest looking around first.

Bar area could use an upgrade. Also, the breakfast area is limited and the layout for it makes it very difficult to grab breakfast when it's busy, especially over the weekends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear schaf1283: Thank you for being a loyal Embassy Suites traveler and for being a Top Contributor. We know that our hotel is not the newest product in the market. That is why we work all the harder to provide exceptionally clean rooms, a well maintained hotel and friendly service. I understand that you have choices but I hope that you choose us on your next visit to the area.

Atlantic Beach, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Was there for a business conference and stayed on-site for one night. Suite was very roomy, clean and accommodating. The linens were crisp and cozy, but the bed was a little soft for my liking (which is a personal preference). Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Kathy C: Thank you and your group for choosing our hotel for your conference. Thank you for your very nice comments on the suite and the hotel. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had to stay here at this hotel because of being stuck in the snowstorm that we had on February 12, 2014. I enjoy staying at the embassy suites as a whole but was upset that they did not offer a cheaper rate for those that were stranded out in the snowstorm as did other hotels in the Raleigh/durham/cary area. I called them to get a reservation when I realized I could not make it home (I live less than 8 miles from there) several times before someone answered the phone and only to be treated very rudely and transferred to the national reservation desk. That is when it got worse. The rate was $199.00 for the room and when I asked if they had any rooms cheaper, I was told that if I didn't like that price then I could stay at another hotel. All of this after explaining that I was driving in a snow storm and that I could not make it to another hotel safely. Even the shuttle stopped running for them. After getting there, the room that they offered was a smoking room. Didn't think that was even an option in hotels anymore. The room smelled so bad but it was better than sleeping in my car in the cold. The outside locks on the doors near the pool are not even working. Did not feel safe when I went out to my car and saw a couple banging on vehicles. They seemed to have been drinking and went straight into the hotel without having to use a key. I mentioned this to the person at the desk when I checked out and they acted like it was no big deal. I hope that this gets fixed because you go straight to the elevators and not by the desk.

The happy hour and snacks (and I use that loosely) was ok. Ended up having to actually buy a meal from there which was not too bad. It was hard to tell if it was part of the reception or the restaurant.

I do know that the next time that I am stranded coming back from work in that area (and yes this is the only hotel that I go by from where I work), I hope to have a pillow in my car.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear MrsSelander: I am glad that our hotel provided safe shelter during the snow storm of Feb 12. During weather events like this our first concern is the safety of our guests and associates. Van service is suspended until they can safely operate. Many of our associates could not make it to the hotel. The resulting light staffing brings out the best in most of us. Many of our managers and associates worked heroically to serve our guests. There is never an acceptable reason for rude conduct. I'm sorry that our reservation office did not handle your concerns with more concern. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Best Regards
Lake Waccamaw, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a great place to stay in the Raleigh area. The location is very convenient to NC State football and basketball games. We have stayed quite a bit at this hotel, and have always been satisfied, but on this occasion, we were very disappointed with the food and service at what has always been a very good hotel restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear T Scott S: Thank you for staying with us and for your great scores. We are very proud of our culinary offerings. Thank you for your comments. I will have a closer look at that part of our operation. I'm glad that our location works out so well for you. I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

North Carolina
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Again my husband and I chose this location to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We are big fans of Embassy Suites but this one is starting to show her age. We only stayed one night this year and though there was nothing to complain about it was not what we have come to expect from Embassy. The staff as usual was great ~ very friendly and professional. Though it will continue to be among our favorite places to stay, I may try and convince my husband to go someplace different next year when we celebrate our 23rd anniversary.

Room Tip: I always request a room on a high floor and away from the elevator. That way we are not bothered by...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Duchess_of_Winter: Thank you for choosing us for this important event in your and your husband's life. Thank you for the very kind comments on our service team. They really enjoy seeing you enjoy yourself. I hope that we will see you next year for the 23rd.

Congratulations

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have read other negative reviews about the age and 'tiredness' of this hotel. And I agree that it is on the older side. However, the beds are comfortable, the rooms VERY clean, the service prompt and courteous, the towels thick and soft, the food hot and plentiful, and the location ideal. I have stayed in this particular hotel several times over the years (for several days each time) and have come to know that what I need will reliably be provided.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors and a corner room - the views are wonderful!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Deare Igione; Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty. I could have not said it better myself. We work all the harder to make sure you have a clean room, comfortable stay and great food experience. I hope to see you on your next stay.

Russ Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#6 of 22 in Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
SpringHill Suites Raleigh Cary
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!