Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Sewell, New Jersey
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I attended an environmental conference at the Embassy Suites Cary last month. I always enjoy my stays at Embassy Suites. The large two-room suites, cook-to-order breakfasts (well at least omelets), and the managers reception in the evening (free drinks and light snacks) make for a very pleasurable experience. The Cary hotel is in an excellent location just minutes from the RDU airport and a dozen or more restaurants within a moderate walk or short drive. The free shuttle service made drives to the airport or nearby stores very convenient. The hotel itself is a typical Embassy Suites design with very comfortable rooms, great restaurant and full bar, and friendly service.

The only somewhat negative note was that the room was invaded by lady bugs. We ended up disposing of about 20 lady bugs. The hotel says that it occasionally happens. Lady bugs are about the only insect that my wife didn't seem to have a problem with. The hotel offered to move us, but my wife didn't seem to mind too much. We stayed.

Despite this minor issue, I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear stormkrow8 Thank you and your group for choosing our hotel for your conference. I am delighted that the location and complimentary services worked out well for you. You are right, there are a great variety of restaurant choices within a short distance of the hotel. I am sorry that the lady bugs made it to your room. I hope to see you and your group back in the future.

Russ Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2014

was there with a group of long term stayers for work.. Was easy to gather for breakfast (which had great options, including made to order eggs) and for Manager's Happy Hour. which had great selections every night. One of the restaurant managers seemed to be always there. Jamey (sp) and he was incredibly friendly and helpful. Morning and Night..

The fan in the room was very noisy,, but was in living room,, so not a problem when sleeping..
Definitly comfortable living room setup
I was on 6th floor and never had an issue with noise from down below.. Occasional door slamming was only noise..

Walking distance to many restaurants from fast food to high end. (try AN)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear JimCalgary_Canada: Thank you and your group for choosing us for your extended stay. Thanks for the many nice comments on the hotel. Jamey Schore is our Restaurant Manager and he does seem to pop up when he is needed. He has a great natural friendly personality. I am glad that he made your stay fun.

I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Usually you can't go wrong at an Embassy Suites, and this one definitely proves the rule.

Beautiful two-room suites, clean indoor pool, gym, business center, restaurant with good food, and a full bar.

We stay here anytime we're in town to visit family, and the location is far enough from the airport to avoid the plane noise, but close enough to get there in a few minutes.

Southwest.com got me a great rate on the rooms here!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear frodobear: Thank you for choosing us for your family visits to the area. Thank you for the great review. I am deighted that our hotel and its location work out so well for you. You are right, the drive to RDU is less than ten minutes but you never really hear the aircraft because we are not in the flight path. By the way I loved the graphic that you use, very fun. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Good hotel, clean rooms, good breakfest!

but avoid to stay in x17 rooms as there are very noisy fan of chiller outside can wake up you on the night. Also behind the wall where you sleep is a service elevator and hotel's staff can "hammering" there at the night (from 11pm - 2am).

Room Tip: avoid to stay in x17 rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kirill K; Thank you for being a long term guest with us. I am sorry for any noise that you experienced in any room. I will look into the cause of the noise in the 17 column. I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great extended Weekend Get-Away. My Honey and I would recommend this hotel because we had an enjoyable experience. The hotel is in a secluded quiet location, but accessible to everything, restaurants, gas, shopping etc. We enjoyed the daily breakfast, the scenery....One word that describe our stay was "Perfect".

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Guest: Thank you for your very nice comments on the hotel. I am delighted that it was such a great getaway for you. The hotel is nestled in a park like surround but very close to RDU, I-40 and walking distance to some great restaurants. There is a Bass Pro Shop on the way due to open in February. I hear that they are great fun to visit. I hope to see you on your next getaway adventure.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Clean rooms, great service. property a little old but nice suites. All guests complained about aging air conditioner/heater in room being so noisy we had to turn it off at night time. Room service expensive. Very good included hot breakfast bar with chef cooking eggs (omelettes, etc). Most evenings Managers Happy Hour from 5.30 till 7.30 with snacks is nice. Good value for money with several good restaurants (Ruth Chris, Bonefish, Starbucks within a 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: Being the typical atrium design of all Embassy Suites, noise from the bar rises and can be heard if...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear guru4travel: Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for being a Top Contributor with TripAdvisor. I appreciate your very nice comments on the hotel, complimentary services and our great service team. We are not the newest so we work to keep the hotel well maintained and very clean. I am sorry that your ventilation unit was loud. We will focus more on that part of the room as we detail them.

raleigh durham, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Bathtub and sinks backed up. Every shower I took, I ended up standing in 6" of water. This isn't the first room or first time it's happened in this hotel. Also, there was a mildew smell in my room that I also experienced on a previous stay.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Jeff V: Thank you for staying with us. I am very sorry for the problems you experienced with the drains during your stay. I have made this area a priority for our engineering department. We are not the newest hotel in the market so we work all the harder to provide clean well maintained rooms with exceptional service. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Russ Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#6 of 22 in Cary

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!