“Had a great conference there”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was there for five days for a conference. It was a great stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Their breakfast was always very good with nice variety of choices as was the afternoon drinks and munchies.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank By_His_Grace
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear By_His_Grace: Thank you for staying with us for your conference and for your very generous comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and our culinary offerings. Our team just loves to see you enjoy the hotel.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We ran a conference there in May 2013 for about 150 people and the hotel were fantastic. Great facilities, friendly staff, delicious food, ideal location!

The bedrooms all seem to be suites which was very useful on this particular trip as I had a work space.

The surrounding area is quiet but very close to the airport as well as to Raleigh and Durham.

However, the hotel's best attribute by far is its staff. I worked very closely with the events department and they were efficient, professional, friendly and accommodating.

We were so happy that we're running our conference there next year as well!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marcos S

Marcos S Thank you for staying with us for your recent conference. We are very proud of our culinary. They are just the best and push to get better all the time. Thank you for your comments on our service team and our great event planning staff. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Thanks a million

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just stayed at the Suites, and was impressed with how friendly and helpful the staff were during my stay. The lunches and breakfasts were yummy, and the ambiance of the lobby and restaurant areas were calming and beautiful. The 5:30 -7:30 open bar was a plus. Our meeting facility served our needs well with no glitches. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Carol M

Dear Carol M: Thank you for staying with us for your conference. I am very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our meeting department. We are very proud of our exceptional team of service professionals. Our culinary is the best and we keep pushing to get better all the time. I hope to see you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel building appearance is starting to look dated, as are the room furnishings. The AC unit in the room and that of a colleague's room were noisy and did not respond to the thermostat, but did keep the room cool. Overall cleanliness and levels of service were fine. The main attraction for me was the proximity to RDU airport. Prices were unexpectedly high - around $180 plus taxes per night, probably because of a lot of baseball or some sort of conventions going on. I guess that they would have got a better rate than I did. One advantage was that there are several restaurants covering all price ranges within a 10 minute walk, so I didn't sample the on-site restaurant. The complementary breakfast was, however, good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barry R

Barry R, Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We work all the harder on making sure that you service experience is exceptional. I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I am sorry for the problems that you experienced with the thermostat.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Personable and helpful staff. Breakfast was wonderful. Rooms were spacious and provided us with the extra space we needed. (Smelled like foot odor every time we entered the room) Restaurant food was superb-Top Notch! In-Room Service was expedient and tasty. Pool was clean. Centrally located for our needs. Would stay again

2  Thank Nancy W

Dear Katrina M: Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments on our hotel. We are not the newest hotel in the market. For that reason we work all the harder on friendly service, a well maintained clean hotel.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

rooms looked cheap and not very nice. needs to upgraded and offer free wifi. not worth the money. looby is nice but the rooms do not match. I travel often and this hotel is not up to par with others, i will think twice before staying here again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

stayed the night of the 14th of June.....managers reception was great. breakfast the next day was great. it was the room that need work. the shower curtain rod was bent....causing the shower curtain to slide toward the middle. the tub floor was bent inward in the center.....much more than usual....causing issues while showering.....while the drain was so slow the water got up to my ankles by the time i was done showering.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Blair N: Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your very generous comments on the complimentary reception and breakfast. I'm sorry that the bathroom you had needs work. We detail each room three times a year. This room needs work right away. If you don't mind sending me an email directly so that I can locate the room you would help me get it right.
Thank you again. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
russ.smith@jqh.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#7 of 22 in Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Crabtree

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!