“Surprise 80th Birthday Party”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Flemington, New Jersey
“Surprise 80th Birthday Party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I wanted to let you how much our entire family enjoyed our stay and the surprise celebration of our father’s 80th birthday. Blair Hofmann went out of her way to make sure our stay would be memorable right from the beginning of planning event to the very end. She answered all of our questions timely (and we had many), and made timely follow ups to ensure the success of the event. Moreover, she even came to the event to make sure everything went as planned. Since we live in New Jersey it was great to see her face to give her a big hug for all her efforts. We thought to ourselves, “WOW!”, that’s being focused on the customer. This really made us feel special and important. Please personally thank her for us.

Our room was ready when we got there, even though we were early. What impressed us the most was that they knew who we were and why we were there. The food and the service during the party was excellent. We especially were thrilled that the wait staff actually asked when they should bring the cake in, instead of just bring it in when they wanted to. Another WOW for us! The food and the service was exceptional. Many people at the event commented on how good the food was and how beautiful the room was.

The person who helped us with the technical issues was also very friendly and polite, even though we did not know what we were doing, he was patient showed us what to do and even came back to follow up. Unfortunately I forgot to write his name down, but please also thank him for the exceptional service. Additionally, when we needed anything from the staff they responded within minutes. Another WOW! Talk about “delight the customer”!

After the party we all went to the hospitality room to relax and there were not enough chairs. When we alerted the front desk the chairs were there within minutes…yes I do mean minutes. Yet another WOW.

All the staff we were exposed to were extremely polite, and best of all friendly. The hotel was clean and homey. We really enjoyed the manager’s special and the breakfast. But believe it or not many of our family members had not stayed at an Embassy Suites Hotel, now they do not want to stay at any other hotel! What an impression your staff, and hotel made on them.

I can’t wait to write my report on TripAdvisor. Too bad they don’t have a score of 6 stars!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vighafoor
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Vighafoor:

Thank you for having your surprise 80th birthday event with us. Thank you for your very kind comments on Blair Hofmann. Blair was so engaged in seeing you enjoy the event that she just had to be there to see the reaction from your guest of honor. It is our honor to be trused with such a special event. I am delighted that our Front Desk and Banquet Teams came through for you as well. When we are the location for a special family event we are very aware that we become part of your important memories. We take that role very seriously and we are grateful that you trusted us with this event and that it went so well for you.

Russ Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I enjoy Embassy Suites for there hotel layou with all rooms overlooking an atrium, cooked to order breakfast, and big rooms. This hotel did not dissapoint. The staff was very cordial. The room was in excellent condition. The rest of the property was very nice. For food, there is a strip mall with a sports bar and some pretty good pizza within walking distance. The breakfast is very good, even by Embassy Suites high standards. I would definitley recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bluescrewer
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Ian S: Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. You have stayed in the hotel for 30 days and probably know it better than I do. Thank you for your kind comments. I agree that the restaurants in walking distance to the hotel offer a nice variety of choices with very good quality culinary. Thank you again for your extended stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Excellent staff and accommodations for family or business travel. Bathrooms need work but are by no means too bad. Stayed here more than 30 nights in 2012 and appreciate the quality and friendliness of staff. Ruth's, An (Asian), Bonefish, BurgerFi, and a few others within walking.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room (larger) and 5th floor and up....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Crizmila: Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the area. I am sorry that our younger guests disturbed you. We provide security on weekends to follow up on the kinds of disturbance that you described. I am glad that a response was made to your concerns. Our hotel is proud that we take good care of all our guests. If I can ever provide additional service to your special needs family member please contact me directly. Thank you again for staying with us.

Regards

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We arrived after midnight and were promptly checked in. We chose this hotel for two reasons: pool for the kids and the breakfast. While there was a large group of kids running the halls and we were stuck down the hall from them-ugh-we did talk to the front desk who said it would be taken care of, and the noise did subside! Breakfast was nice, but too crowded-especially when trying to navigate with kids-one having special needs. I was VERY disappointed that internet was not included-have never been to a hotel in recent years where there was not free internet in the rooms-especially since this was NOT a cheap hotel. We're now deciding if we could get comparable or better amenities for less $$ next time somewhere else.

Room Tip: Not where you'll hear all the kids running to/from the pool/elevator!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear crizmila; Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the area. I am sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. I am glad that our in-house security was able to address the noise after your report. I'm glad that you enjoyed the breakfast although the younger guests made it difficult to navigate. I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.
Regards

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I like to stay at the Embassy Suites whenever I can. You can't beat the breakfast. This property is nice but not excellent. The rooms are getting old so the bathrooms show a lot of wear. There is not a good place to walk. I have walked around the building but I don't feel great about it. Nasty smells. You can get to the road where there is a sidewalk but there is no sidewalk to get to the road. Across the street there are stairs going up to a strip mall with restaurants. Unfortunately, it goes to the back side of the mall and it isn't obvious how to get to the front. The pool is small but plenty of space to do some water aerobics.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the biggest living room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear SueMC_56: Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your loyalty to the Embassy Suites family of hotels. We are not the newest hotel in the area but we work all the harder to be the friendliest and cleanest. We have great hiking trails easily accessible from the hotel. The Black Creek Trail system which ties into Umstead State Forest is easy to use. Our Guest Service Agents are glad to help you with directions. Cary, NC is rated one of the ten safest cities of its size in America. Hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I attended a conference here and was really impressed with most everything about this hotel. Upon entering the hotel, I was greeted by super friendly staff who checked me in very quickly and efficiently. My room was on the 7th floor and it was lovely. It was huge and comfortable. I slept like a rock!
In the morning I used the fitness center, which is nicely stocked with cardio equipment and weight training equipment.
Oh and breakfast! Wow! What a treat! There are so many options, including made-to-order omelettes. Yum! Also, the breakfast area is bordered by a lovely fish pond.

My one small complaint was that there was a dead centipede on the carpet near the end of the bed in my room. Of all living things on the planet, these rank in my top 3 creepiest, most feared, make-me-shriek-louder-than-anything creatures. Bleck! I was completely grossed out, but survived the rest of my stay just fine.

Overall, it was a great stay! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sardawg
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear sardawg:
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. I am delighted that your arrival experience and your room made your stay a great experience. I am sorry for the insect in your room. I will review your comments with our pest control company to take all necessary steps to prevent this possibility from effecting another guest. Thank you for staying with us.
Zebulon, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am not a hotel snob at all and I've stayed in, and reviewed, several Embassy Suites as it's one of my favorite hotels to stay in when traveling but this one I probably would not chose to stay in again.
We live locally but my husbands Christmas party was there so we spent the night. There was only one guy checking in people on a Friday afternoon. Check in was slow, though everyone was pleasant. The hotel itself is dated and needs an overhaul but that doesn't really matter that much to me. When I got in our room, it was very cold in there. I turned the heat on but it continued to blow cold air. I tried to call the front desk , I called repeatedly , and nobody answered. So I called housekeeping..... repeatedly...nobody answered. So, a little annoyed, I called the bell hop desk...nobody answered. I'm not talking about one time. I mean several times.
Since it was time to get ready for the party, we just got dressed in the cold, and went to the front desk. I explained the situation . My husband went back about an hour later to check and found it was still freezing so back to the front desk, where he was told it was indeed broke and we could move rooms. We moved next door, and that room was fine. But there were other things that just are not Embassy Suites quality. In both rooms, the plugs in the bathroom were outdated and my curling iron and hair dryer kept falling out of the plugs. The shower in our first room would literally beat you to death and you could not back it off. The bathrooms in both rooms were not as clean as I normally expect. The Managers reception offered 2 beers. Bud or Miller Lite. I had never been to an Embassy Managers reception that offered so little. And there was another thing. We were in the bar and there was an exit door. My husband smokes and ask the bartender could he walk outside and smoke. She said " of course." I walked with him and about 2 minutes later some other employee walked out and said we could not be out there. He did say my husband could finish his cigarette and we could come back in that door. 5 minutes later we tried to walk back in that door and he had locked it, so we had to walk around the building in the rain. That ticked me off quite frankly. Lastly, the bed was nowhere near as comfortable as I normally fine in an ES. I got up at 6:30 AM and went home. Overall, there are just alot nicer and newer hotels in the RTP/ Cary area. Just my opinion.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 604
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bchduty1
Dear bchduty1:

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. I am sorry for the heating issues that you experienced in your first room. I am glad that our front desk team was able to move you to another room. The complimentary evening reception provided at Embassy Suites tries to provide choices to meet a wide range of tastes. The hotel does provide a several smoking areas. I'm sorry that we didn't direct you to one of them. In any event there is never an acceptable reason to treat any of our guests discourteously. I will attempt to locate the associate that you spoke with and use your experience as a coaching opportunity. Thank you again for your comments and my apologies for your experience.
Russ Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#6 of 22 in Cary

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!