Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Chicago
“Wedding Party”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I would like to thank the entire staff at the Embassy Suites. We booked 20 rooms for my wedding party and the entire staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful. The rooms were clean and we really enjoyed the open seating area in the lobby. Even though we were not using the hotel for our wedding, the management let us use the lobby area when we brought in food and were very courteous and helpful. I would most definitely recommend the hotel for large groups. I would like to give a special thanks to Jordan, Jo and Robert, all three of them were easy to work with super accommodating.

The only suggestion I would have would be to make the gym bigger as it was pretty small and the Sauna was not working, but these were very minor inconveniences.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Usman A
, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear Usman A: First of all congratulations on your recent wedding. Thank you for staying with us with your wedding party. The atrium makes a great setting to unwind after an event like yours. I am very proud of Jo, Jordan and Robert. They really enjoy watching you enjoy the hotel. I'm glad that you remembered them and I will personally thank them. I will address the sauna condition with our property engineering team. I agree with you on the size of our fitness center. We work all the harder to maintain a great center with a clean up to date equipment offering. I hope that you stay with us if you travel to our area in the future.

Russ Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here with my family so that the kids could go swimming in the winter (I am late with the review). The atrium and lobby were very nice - certainly one of the better properties in the Embassy Suites brand. The pool area was large and well-maintained, and the pool water was a good temperature. The manager's reception was good as well. It consisted of sweet-potato chips, chipotle dip, very large wedges of cheese, and crackers. Lemonade, alcohol-free mixed drinks, and alcoholic beverages were also provided.

The room was very clean, but it is starting to show its age. It was still very nice, however. The bedding and TVs looked recently updated, but the wallpaper was peeling in several places and the sofa looked old. It would be nice if the living area of the suite was slightly brighter. The bathrooms were spacious and impeccably clean, although it would be nice if they could upgrade the flooring, tub, sink, and countertop.

Breakfast was typical Embassy Suites - great, with lots of variety. My only complain was my omelette, which barely had any fillings. I ordered meat and cheese fillings, but the omelette was basically a mixture of egg and green peppers. This is just nitpicking, however, as it is a good hotel at a great value. I highly recommend it, as I don't think another hotel in the area can equal all that this hotel offers for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Johann8431
Dear Jonathan O: Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your very nice comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed the Manager's Reception. Good News! Upgrades to the Manager's Reception are on the way and will be in place before year end. The Reception is one of the key services that makes Embassy Suites special. Thank you for your observations of your suite. I will have our property Engineering team. address the vinyl wall covering issues that you noticed. We are not the newest hotel in town. That awareness drives us to focus all the more on property maintenance, cleanliness and most of all authentic friendly service. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Cary for 4 nights on business and found it great value for money, very spacious room, quiet, great food and service in the restaurant, the staff was very attentive and I was so pleasantly surprised to have my forgotten clothes fedexed to me as I had left them in a drawer when I packed before returning to the UK. The Customer service was amazing when I found out I had left my clothes there 10 days later after returning home and it was dealt with very efficiently by the customer care team and housekeeping! Thanks again from a very happy customer!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SuperStinaLina
, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear SuperStinaLina: Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your very gracious comments on the service especially the Dining Room team. Embassy Suites provides a great value for many business travelers like yourself including a full suite, complimentary cooked to order breakfast and complimentary evening reception. I am delighted that our Housekeeping team located and returned your belongings. I know how frustrating travel can be and how easy it is to leave items behind. It was our pleasure to reunite you with your things. I hope to see you on your next trip to our area.

Birmingham
Reviewed May 31, 2012

It's an Embassy Suites - what else needs to be said? Friendly staff, easy check-in, happy hour, large rooms/suites, and great restaurant. Clean, comfortable, and close to the airport.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kjinright
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear kjinright:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your very generous comments. I know that you have a lot of choices for hotels in our area and I appreciate your choosing us. Thank you for your comments on the many amenities standard with Embassy Suites. The easy check in and friendly staff are what makes us different in ways that we are very proud of. Our team really enjoys watching you enjoy your stay experience. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Wading River, New York
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel is only five miles from RDU, making it an ideal place to stay before or after your flight. They provide a complimentary airport shuttle, but we didn’t use it because we had a rental car. Our room was a spacious two room suite with a living area and bedroom separated by a door. The living area had a wet bar with a mini fridge and microwave, a couch, chair, flat screen TV, and a table with four chairs. There was another flat screen TV in the bedroom. The evening manager’s reception had free drinks and snacks, and the free breakfast, which was very good, included cooked to order eggs and pancakes. A small gift shop located in the lobby, sold snacks, sundries, tee shirts, and souvenirs. Tip: There is a convenience store named, Sheetz, located a few minutes before the rental car returns, where you can buy made to order sandwiches and snacks for the plane trip at very reasonable prices. I bought a turkey hero for $1.99 plus tax. You can also buy gas for off –airport prices.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saluga
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear Saluga:

I am delighted that our location worked out well for you. Thank you for pointing out the built-in benefits of the Embassy Brand; suites, cooked to order breakfast and evening reception. This combination of features provides a great value for many of our guests. We believe that we deliver these services with high quality and efficiency. I'm very happy that it worked out well for you. I agree with your comments on Sheetz. We use them for the hotel vans and find that they are clean, convenient and very affordable for an airport area. Hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Absolutely enjoyed our trip to Cary. Was there for an ABWA conference. Everything was to our liking! Beautiful Atrium with koi pond. Breakfast was excellent, along with the Manager's reception at night. Good food in the restaurant...loved the Crab Cake Sandwich! Our conference was great and the Embassy staff was friendly and helpful throughout.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vickie B
Dear Vickie B:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your very gracious comments. I am very happy that your conference went well. Our hotel is the host location for many conventions and conferences. I share your love for the interior of our atrium. Many of our Koi fish have been given names by our guests and they love the attention. I am delighted that you enjoyed the complimentary amenities. They are hallmarks of the Embassy brand and we strive to exceed our guest's expectations in our delivery of all of this.

Thanks again and I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

Statesville, NC
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Embassy Suites Hotel Cary looks just like any other hotel upon approach---nicely manicured, but mainly tall and plain; however, on the inside, Embassy has done an excellent job creating a special property. Convenient to the RDU airport as well as NC State, this property provides great rooms with beautiful amenities in a great area (Cary is a beautiful city--definitely the nicest Raleigh suburb). My stay was in a two room suite on the 7th floor. The elevators are glassed-in on the backside and provide great views of the beautiful koi pond that runs through the bar/breakfast area/atrium as you zip up and down. The room was of standard Embassy quality with a small kitchenette and parlor area. The bedding and bedroom area had been newly renovated and provided a great sleep experience. The breakfast was complementary and cooked to order, the bar had a great selection, and the evening manager's reception was a great touch. Overall, a great stay! (Try the NY Cheesecake--the best!)

One con? No free wi-fi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chad E
Dear Chad 1787:
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your very kind comments. I agree that if we could turn the building inside out it would attract a lot more attention from the street. Kidding aside, we are very proud of the look, feel and functionality of our hotel. We lover working here for the same reasons that you love staying here. I am delighted that the suite, cooked to order breakfast and evening reception were a good value for you. Thank you again and I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

Russ Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cary
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh - Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#6 of 22 in Cary
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
SpringHill Suites Raleigh Cary

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!