“Great fresh food, not too accessible.”

Red Bowl Asian Bistro
Ranked #51 of 461 Restaurants in Cary
claudia0501
“Great fresh food, not too accessible.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been in a physical rehab facility for the last month and still have multiple accessibility issues. I could find no wheelchair ramp and had to step up onto a curb with a walker assist. The door was not wide enough to comfortably manuever a full size wheel chair. I managed to use a walker to get to our table. The chairs were not at all helpful, having small seats and no arms. My husband had to bring in the wheel chair, semi closed, to allow me to use it as a seat. I did not try to use the ladies room.
That said, our waiter, Tony, was fabulous. I had already experienced people who spoke to my husband instead of me, actually refeffing to me as "she." "What would she like?" He made me feel like a whole person and it was heartening.
Finally, the food. I had the miso soup which was rich and flavorful without being too salty or too filling. We munched on a bowl of edamame which is a great, healthy alternative to bread or crackers. They were cooked to a perfect crunch. Finally, we ordered 4 different kinds of sushi and they were delicious. The fish was plentiful and fresh. The vegetables were crispy or creamy (avacado), and the chef had a perfectly light hand with the rice. I hope to go back again and again.

• Visited January 2014

Muncie, Indiana
“Nice for a casual weekend dinner..”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I live about 10 blocks from this establishment but it is a bit hidden from the public in an off street plaza with some larger offerings. My hubby and I had a BOGO entree coupon so thought we would give it a try. We were seated immediately and the restaurant had an intimate feel too it. It could use a bit of cleaning and spiffing up but the sushi bar and other areas were attractive. Good selection of appetizers such as edamame, pot stickers and egg rolls (small). I had a curry shrimp dish that was awesome and my husband said the same for his sesame chicken. I love the brown rice option (for an extra buck) and the hot green tea. I would go back when in the mood for more upscale Asian/Chinese options. Server as friendly and attentive.

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and beautiful atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Good prices lunch menu and delicious food. I always get the shrimp fried rice. There sweet tea is really good as well. The waiters and waitresses are always very attentive. Highly recommend!

• Visited June 2013
Raleigh
“very dissapointed with customer service”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Came for lunch and ordered food. It took forever to make and bring it to me. had only 15 min left to eat the food, so I put most of it in the box. When I decided to pay it turned out my bill was doubled because they gave me a dinner portion which I did not order instead of a lunch portion. After certain explanations they agreed to take 50% off but said I have to leave my food in the restaurant. Are they going to re-use it? Did not have time even to discuss how cheap it is to do like this. Will never go there again.

• Visited March 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Great service and lots of food”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went here for dinner, busy but not noisy and played beautiful music. Waiter Tony was very friendly and accomodating. Ordered the flower chicken. White rice had really good flavor and texture. Bar available. Nice decor, romantic and casual.

Visited December 2012