“One of the best finds in Cary area”
Review of An Cuisines - CLOSED

An Cuisines
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Harrison Avenue/Weston Parkway
Description: AN, which means “to dine” in Vietnamese, showcases an array of exquisite flavors that blends traditional Asian ingredients with modern European influences. Executive Chef Steven Devereaux Greene crafts dishes that show his culinary passions and styling of East meets West. His approach is to harness unique and local products to transform them into his vision of elegant simplicity. All of the ingredients, dishes, and approach is to create a memorable experience for you and your palate. AN, features a sushi bar and raw bar, which adds another dimension to the various delights offered here. A meal would not be complete without an Asian inspired cocktail or glass of wine from our award winning wine list.
United States
“One of the best finds in Cary area”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I am starting to become a regular at An. They have a restaurant and a sushi bar. The ambiance is beautiful and serene. The service is attentive and refined. The food is delicious. So far, my four visits have yielded no disappointments. This is an excellent place for business meetings, date night and celebrations.

It is located just of the Harrison Ave exit of I40, so very easy to get to. There is also plenty of parking.

It is a bit pricier but not above what you would expect at an establishment of this kind.

You can't go wrong here.

Raleigh, NC
“Very disappointing customer service”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family and I had a very disappointing experience at An on August 7th

I had made reservations through Open Table to celebrate my son's 29th birthday at An. In the "Notes" section of the online reservation request, I mentioned we would be celebrating a birthday and that I planned to bring in cupcakes.

I got a phone call from An confirming the reservation. Nothing was said about the cupcakes.

When the five of us showed up at the restaurant, the hostess asked if I had brought the cupcakes as mentioned in the reservation. When I said I had, she started to say that there would be a cake-cutting charge. Then she kind of caught herself because I think she realized that sounded ridiculous because I had cupcakes that would not require cutting. She then said there would be a serving charge of $25, which seemed absurd given that we required no additional support to serve or eat the cupcakes -- no knife, no plates, no forks.

We debated among ourselves what to do and I asked to speak to a manager. Before one could arrive, we just decided to leave because the evening had gotten off to such a bad start that no one wanted to eat there after all.

We ended up at another very nice restaurant where we spent over $200 and were allowed to eat our cupcakes in peace at the end of the meal. Our server was so friendly that we even shared a cupcake with her

Last year on my son's birthday I brought a cake in to a different, very nice restaurant. Even though it was an actual cake, the restaurant gave us no problem serving it and even offered extra plates, knife, and forks. Plus they gave my son a complimentary dessert.

In the end, we had a very nice birthday celebration, but a very bad experience with An. I had eaten there many times in the past (lunch and dinner) and was looking forward to introducing the others in the party to what had been one of my favorite restaurants. Needless to say, neither I nor any of my party plan to patronize this establishment in the future.

It seems a shame that this couldn't have been handled more professionally. I should have been informed about the "cake-cutting" fee before I arrived. And it does seem ridiculous to charge such an excessive fee in exchange for nothing. I suppose their argument is that we wouldn't order dessert if we brought our own, but they still lost out, not only on a $200+ tab, but on the future patronage of five individuals, not to mention how this will look in reviews on social media.

6 Thank Steffenzei
Raleigh
“An is never disappointing - always over the top.”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

If you like asian food, I would definitely recommend going to An. It's quite an experience. The food and service are always wonderful and always different. They have a very nice area outside to enjoy in the spring and the fall. Their sushi is fantastic as is everything that I have eaten here. My husband and I love exotic cocktails. An has a great bar and group of bartenders that make very interesting - very tasty drinks. They have always risen to any challenge that we give them. If you are in Cary and have time for a nice relaxing asian meal, I would suggest going to An.

• Visited June 2014
durham, nc
“Extraordinary service”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband, my son, and I dined last night at An. We had requested the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairings, as it was a double birthday celebration and we really wanted to do something special. I had alerted the restaurant to my husband's rather extensive allergies, and we were completely delighted--even taken aback--at how beautifully they responded to our wishes. The items on the tasting menu that had ingredients he was allergic to were replaced for him by similar and equally wonderful dishes, and each was given its own perfect wine pairing. The thoughtfulness and care that went into picking out what in many ways was a second chef's tasting menu for him were extraordinary. What's more, the restaurant went out of its way to provide my son with an alternate dessert, simply because he didn't care for one of the ingredients. Absolutely fantastic food, incredible wines, and service that can't be matched.

New York City, New York
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Large menu of different options, very hard to decide. Ordered grill salmon and a California roll and both were very good. Would recommend and look forward to going again.