“Lovely experience”
Review of An Cuisines - CLOSED

An Cuisines
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Harrison Avenue/Weston Parkway
Description: AN, which means “to dine” in Vietnamese, showcases an array of exquisite flavors that blends traditional Asian ingredients with modern European influences. Executive Chef Steven Devereaux Greene crafts dishes that show his culinary passions and styling of East meets West. His approach is to harness unique and local products to transform them into his vision of elegant simplicity. All of the ingredients, dishes, and approach is to create a memorable experience for you and your palate. AN, features a sushi bar and raw bar, which adds another dimension to the various delights offered here. A meal would not be complete without an Asian inspired cocktail or glass of wine from our award winning wine list.
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

At a friend's recimmendation, I chose AN for a lunch meeting with two colleagues. It exceeded my hopes. The ambiance is serene, welcoming, and sophisticated. The servers were highly competent and pleasant and never obtrusive. And the food was very tasty, and, especially, beautifully and creatively presented without being weird. Lunch prices were reasonable. The dinner menu looks intriguing but of course pricier. The location is especially good for a group like ours coming from both Raleigh and Chapel Hill.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had our first dining experience at An on Friday. We called ahead for a reservation - glad we did, it was a very popular place. The restaurant is beautiful although a little noisy at times. I was glad to see so many unique choices on the menu. Our server was extremely attentive and offered suggestions to us. We gladly tried the White Dragon roll (jumbo lump crab and mango) and were very impressed with its uniqueness. For entrees, we had the Beef Strip and Sea Scallops, both of which were wonderful melt in your mouth good. For dessert, they wrote "Happy Anniversary" in white cholocate on the plate which made us feel very special. Thank you to An's kitchen and wait staff for a very special anniversary experience!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Let's start with the ambiance. It's what you would expect from a high end Asia-fusion restaurant. We ate in the Sushi room. We loved the way it was laid out. The service was very good. This was our first time and our waiter Kyle, explained the menu and recommended some great drink, beginnings and entrees. I had the Ginger Mojito and my wife had the Apple Pear Margarita. Both were excellent. We started with the Peking Duck and Viet Rolls. Both were outstanding. Even the small bread rolls the brought were great. For our entrees, I had the Garlic Chili Prawns (oh my!!!) and my wife had the Boarder Springs Lamb (best lamb I've ever tasted). I had a glass of an Austrian white that was very good with the meal (thanks Kyle). As if that wasn't enough, we had the chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven for desert. I ate 4 and my wife only got 2. What a night. Everything was excellent. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The menu has been greatly expanded since our last visit a few years ago. With so many choices, our party opted for sushi rolls as appetizers before our entrees. The rolls were fresh tasting with delightful blends of flavors. The ginger and wasabi were the best I have had. The entrees (scallops, duck and shrimp) were individualized to our spice likes (one up; one down), perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Service was impeccable. Bonnie answered our questions, assured we were satisfied, and was there when needed, but didn't hover. We were also pleased with our wine and beer selections. I love a place with a great IPA on draft.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was looking for a nice restaurant for my guest who was visiting from U.K.. Then, I found this one. I was totally relying on the people's review and ratings. However, when we got there, I thought I made a good choice. It has a nice and unique atmosphere; it was fancy enough to impress the guest, but comfortable enough to relax. It was Monday evening so I didn't expect to see many people there, but, actually, there were many. (It showed how popular the restaurant is.) The waiter we had was very polite and the presentation of food were very good. However, in terms of taste, it is depends on the dish. I ordered Fish Sukiyaki. It was good, but not so special. (I used to eat good Japanese food so I might be little bit critical on Japanese dishes.)