“Special anniversary experience”
Review of An Cuisines - CLOSED

An Cuisines
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Harrison Avenue/Weston Parkway
Description: AN, which means “to dine” in Vietnamese, showcases an array of exquisite flavors that blends traditional Asian ingredients with modern European influences. Executive Chef Steven Devereaux Greene crafts dishes that show his culinary passions and styling of East meets West. His approach is to harness unique and local products to transform them into his vision of elegant simplicity. All of the ingredients, dishes, and approach is to create a memorable experience for you and your palate. AN, features a sushi bar and raw bar, which adds another dimension to the various delights offered here. A meal would not be complete without an Asian inspired cocktail or glass of wine from our award winning wine list.
North Carolina
“Special anniversary experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had our first dining experience at An on Friday. We called ahead for a reservation - glad we did, it was a very popular place. The restaurant is beautiful although a little noisy at times. I was glad to see so many unique choices on the menu. Our server was extremely attentive and offered suggestions to us. We gladly tried the White Dragon roll (jumbo lump crab and mango) and were very impressed with its uniqueness. For entrees, we had the Beef Strip and Sea Scallops, both of which were wonderful melt in your mouth good. For dessert, they wrote "Happy Anniversary" in white cholocate on the plate which made us feel very special. Thank you to An's kitchen and wait staff for a very special anniversary experience!

Rolesville, North Carolina
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Let's start with the ambiance. It's what you would expect from a high end Asia-fusion restaurant. We ate in the Sushi room. We loved the way it was laid out. The service was very good. This was our first time and our waiter Kyle, explained the menu and recommended some great drink, beginnings and entrees. I had the Ginger Mojito and my wife had the Apple Pear Margarita. Both were excellent. We started with the Peking Duck and Viet Rolls. Both were outstanding. Even the small bread rolls the brought were great. For our entrees, I had the Garlic Chili Prawns (oh my!!!) and my wife had the Boarder Springs Lamb (best lamb I've ever tasted). I had a glass of an Austrian white that was very good with the meal (thanks Kyle). As if that wasn't enough, we had the chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven for desert. I ate 4 and my wife only got 2. What a night. Everything was excellent. We will definitely be back.

Sanford, North Carolina
“Food and service are top quality.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The menu has been greatly expanded since our last visit a few years ago. With so many choices, our party opted for sushi rolls as appetizers before our entrees. The rolls were fresh tasting with delightful blends of flavors. The ginger and wasabi were the best I have had. The entrees (scallops, duck and shrimp) were individualized to our spice likes (one up; one down), perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Service was impeccable. Bonnie answered our questions, assured we were satisfied, and was there when needed, but didn't hover. We were also pleased with our wine and beer selections. I love a place with a great IPA on draft.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Nice atmosphere! Good for any occasions.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was looking for a nice restaurant for my guest who was visiting from U.K.. Then, I found this one. I was totally relying on the people's review and ratings. However, when we got there, I thought I made a good choice. It has a nice and unique atmosphere; it was fancy enough to impress the guest, but comfortable enough to relax. It was Monday evening so I didn't expect to see many people there, but, actually, there were many. (It showed how popular the restaurant is.) The waiter we had was very polite and the presentation of food were very good. However, in terms of taste, it is depends on the dish. I ordered Fish Sukiyaki. It was good, but not so special. (I used to eat good Japanese food so I might be little bit critical on Japanese dishes.)

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing Asian fusion restaurant in Cary”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is one of the best Asian fusion restaurants we have dined at in the United States -- including New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. The sushi and sashimi were fresh and delicious -- they even had fresh grated wasabi, which is quite unusual in the US. By all means order the seafood tower appetizer if you have a large group. It comprises every kind of wonderfully prepared shellfish you can imagine. I had the seared ahi tuna, which was done to perfection. My daughter had the wagyu kobe beef, fork tender. My daughter had the sea bass, which was equally outstanding. Notables from all around the world dine here: iconic comedienne Carol Burnett was in the house at the table next to us. The waiter was shamelessly self-promoting; but he had great product to back him up. Caveat: this place does not come cheap, as you would expect for this kind of quality

1 Thank Orso52