“Best Hotel ever”

Comfort Suites Regency Park
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This visit to NC has been my best hotel experience, with any hotel that I have ever visited.Upon arrival, the manager greeted me and was very pleasant. She told me about the sights to see in the existing area, all of the things I could use in hotel, explained about the happy hour and also the free shuttle service for up to a five mile radius in the city.after talking to the manager I proceeded to my room. The room was beautifully decorated, it was very clean, and to my surprise, management had a goodie bag waiting for me on my bed (due to me being in town for a conference.) after I checked into my room, I immediately got dressed, and headed to the workout facility. The workout room was small. It had two treadmills, 1 bike and an elliptical machine, there were clean white towels to use, & a cool water machine. Also, there was a
flat screen television to watch while I worked out.this hotel also has a hot tub and a swimming pool, which I have not used yet, but I plan to use tonight. The breakfast provided was an excellent choice of a variety of foods such as,fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, 3 different cereals, eggs, potatoes, and bacon. I will say this is one of the best breakfasts I've received or had at any hotel , in all my travels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Raleigh North Carolina because it's close to the airport, the area is clean and safe, its located around lots of shopping conveniences, and restaurants. The best part is, this particular hotel has the best management staff, housekeeping and Billy the driver that you could ever imagine. Great job Cary!

• Stayed: October 2013
Carolyn B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Regency Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I appreciate your kind words. The hospitality industry is truly something I enjoy. I am pleased to know you were able enjoy your room and our recently renovated exercise room. Our hot breakfast is something many of our guest enjoy during the week from 6AM daily until 9AM and on the weekends from 7AM-10AM. Our Van drivers have been with us for many years and are able to help provide great tips on the area dining and shopping. I will pass your kind words and observations on to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, often staying here and driving in to Raleigh because I liked it so much! After this trip I may start looking for another location. I saw several bugs in my room. While things appeared clean, I just wasn't sure. I was very disappointed when we went to the hot tub. It and the indoor pool are the main reasons we stay there. Unfortunately the area around the hot tub and the tub itself didn't look well maintained. The staff at the hotel are always great and the breakfast is very good.

I do hope they can turn things around and get the whole place back to it's former sparkling glory!

Room Tip: Ask for lobby level.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Regency Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I was very sorry to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations on your last stay.

Our housekeeping staff has indeed been with us a long time and do an excellent job of maintaining our cleanliness. I regret that you saw bugs in your room, I will share your comments with my management team and make sure we avoid these problems in the future. If you shared with our staff the concern while you were here, then it was brought to our pest control providers attention at the first opportunity. If you did not let us know, I would welcome a phone call letting me know what room you were in, so, I can personally contact them.

Our indoor pool is open year round and seven days a week and it is a challenge scheduling painting, however, you are absolutely correct our pool area is indeed due for a facelift. We typically try and do this during the winter months( so as to inconvenience as few guests as possible). I will be discussing with my maintenance team when our next opportunity will be.

We have recently renovated our 24 hour fitness room. I hope you got a chance to check it out during your recent stay.

Thank You for your comments regarding our complimentary hot breakfast and our staff our goal is to exceed expectations when it comes to hospitality and service.

I would love to hear more from you regarding your stay please feel free to call me at: 919-852-4318

Reviewed September 28, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We recently had a small fire at home that took out our power and we were forced to stay in a local hotel. Since we quite often use the Choices Hotels Privileges program, We selected the Comfort Suites Regency Park in Cary NC. From the minute we walked in the door, we were very pleasantly surprised with the cordiality of the desk staff to the quality of the room. When we walked in, we learned that they also have a very nice pet friendly program that we would have taken advantage of had we known beforehand.They have a nice little gift package for the pet and accommodate the pets for a reasonable fee. Everything was neat and clean and in good shape. Unfortunately we missed the complimentary Manager's reception but were able to very much enjoy the breakfast with hot coffee, fresh eggs, sausage, potatoes accompanied by juices, cereals and especially enjoyed the hot fresh waffles that you even have multiple choices for the batter flavor., Of particular note was that the General Manager spent time in the breakfast area checking on guests and making sure that everything was perfect. all in all, a very nice stay and actually a place (even though it is only a few miles from home) where we might take a "mini-vacation". A well managed and very well maintained property with reasonable pricing. a true Value.

Room Tip: The room that we had (502) was on the backside of the hotel and we enjoyed a very nice wooded view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hooman42
Carolyn B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Regency Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guest regarding their stays. We look forward to hosting you and your Furry friend when you are ready to take that "staycation". Be sure to make it a mid-week vacation so you can join us for our popular managers reception. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The staff was friendly. The rooms are pretty basic but were decently sized and appeared clean. The price was relatively cheap for the area. The only downside, and its a pretty big downside, is that within an hour or two of taking my shoes off and laying down on the bed, there were about 25 or more small bites on my feet and legs. There was definitely some sort of bug issue in my room that made the rest of my stay very uncomfortable. I noticed that there is at least one other review describing a similar experience so, unfortunately, this doesn't seem like an isolated event. If you have the option, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason K
Carolyn B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Regency Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Regency Park.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. Please be assured this is not what you should expect when staying with us. The Housekeeping and Maintenance managers have been made aware of your comment and concern and we will take the appropriate action.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Cary.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here last year and we were impressed enough to stay here again. Their breakfast buffet has scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, 2 flavors of make your own waffles, mixed fruit in syrup, fresh muffins, and all the other usual items. This is one of the better breakfasts we've eaten. Especially at a price of $75.00 tax included on a weekend. The room had a king size bed and a sitting area with a pull out couch. I would have liked to have a shower with better water pressure and an easier to use shower head. The hallway on the first floor had an odd smell to it. Maybe it was from the indoor pool, the exercise room, or the hotel laundry.
We'll stay here again when we're in town, but ask for a room on a higher floor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Carolyn B, Manager at Comfort Suites Regency Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank You for your review. We were happy to have you return for another visit. We are glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast. Thank you for your comments regarding the showerhead we will consider them as we purchase new ones. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Compared to multiple Choice Hotels in the area, this one is the best. I have stayed at this location over 20 times, rooms are always clean. During the week the social hour (Business Reception) is really a nice customer service touch. Complimentary finger food, beer, wine, & soda. The customer service and staff are more friendly and more accommodating than my recent trip to Couples Swept Away, (All-Inclusive Resort in Negril, Jamaica). Room is equivalently furnished as Couples, with Comfort Suites having indoor pool, hot tub, and faster & more reliable WIFI. I am glad to be back in the USA.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for taking time to write a review. it is always a pleasure to see our friends again. We love meeting new and old friends at our manager's reception on selected weeknights. We also look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.