“can't wait to get back to the homewood suites in raleigh/cary, nc”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed October 24, 2010

From the moment we walked into this hote lwe knew it was a WINNER!!!!!!!!! Staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. The suite we stayed in was clean, comfortable and QUIET!!!! The complimentary breakfast was a little limited, but there still was a good selection. Have not stayed in a hotel this wonderful in a long, long time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bygeepa
HomewoodAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Thank you for completing our online survey and for choosing to stay with us at Homewood Suites Cary! Our goal is to provide the best accommodations and service in the lodging industry today.

We are glad to see that we could provide a great stay to you! Thank you for being our guest and for being honest. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2010

i usually stay at hampton inns or hilton garden inns. i was pleasantly surprised to find out that not only is breakfast included in the room rate, but dinner (monday-thursday) is as well. on the night I stayed it was lasagna with caesar salad and breadsticks.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank hangtime75
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Other than the small room and bathroom, the hotel is clean and it has a great staff. The wireless internet was a bit slow but there is a business center.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank hrb739
HomewoodAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

As the Assistant General Manager of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Cary, I would like to thank you for your comment. Our goal is to provide the best accommodations and service in the lodging industry today. Also, on your next visit if you are looking for a larger room we do also offer suites as well!

Once again thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Raleigh/Cary!

Regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2010

The Homewood Suites is a typical mid tier Hilton property in the Cary/Raleigh Area. Rooms are in need of upgrading and renovation. On a positive note - the rooms are quite large and they have full kitchens which are useful for extended stays. Also breakfast was very nice and morning staff was excellent.

Overall a decent hotel, but could be so much better with a few much needed upgrades.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JLentz57
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Booked here on a suggestion from my local salesman, it is close to his house and calls were were going to make. The location is very remote and quite, but close to food and shops.

The front desk folks were great, food service people very friendly. Food was average, but folks you have to realize it is free afterall. If you want quality go to a restaurant to eat. Some of the other reviewers were knocking the food, guess what you get what you pay for, this stuff is free so what do you expect?

The hotel is a little rough around the edges, but is okay, nothing more than that though.

The shower head in my room would only allow a dribble of water. Called the front desk and in 2-3 minutes a guy came to fix it.

My biggest issue is the guest computer that I needed to use to print my airline boarding pass. It took 45 minutes to print what should have taken 5 minutes max. It was like being on dialup again. The wireless in my room is quick so it had to be the computer. They either need to replace that junk computer or offer from the room printing options.

I stayed here two nights, the rate is on the high end considering the night before I stayed at another Hilton owned hotel (Hampton) for almost half the price and had a much nicer bath room anf bed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I stay in a lot of Hilton Properties on average 70 a year and this Homewood was a difficult property to review. It's like one minute you like something then the next it slaps you in the face.I'll start with the room it's big has flat screen TVs etc, but the decor is so 1980s and the fridge and micowave are from the 80s! I know we had the same microwave when I was a kid and I'm 37 now! But then you hit the bedroom and another nice big flat screen TV not bad and still plenty of room for a king suite, but the old decor and 1980s appliances leave you wanting a little more.

The fitness room had no AC not that it was busted just that there was no AC and it's 103 outside. The exercise mats had a lot of dirt on them and needed to be cleaned.

The dinner downstairs was a joke horrible instant mashed potatoes, steamed veggies and some kind of riblets, but what's this Redoak on draft and Miller lite plus red and white wine. Again slap me in the face with crappy food, but pull out free draft beer and wine. Also there was a very vulgar comment made by a woman staffer to a male guest that really shocked me while there was a whole dinning room full of kids I'm glad the guy didn't respond back as she was way out of line.

So to put it this way I would stay here again but not for the free food or the staff but I like free beer and the rate I can justify, but if you are a business traveler of have a family the food is not worth it so save your money and if you like to work out then move on to another Hilton property.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2010

The customer service at Hilton Homewood Suites is called "pass the buck". I was charged for two rooms but only stayed in one. Each person, including the manager, Bake Baker, says it will get corrected. But, to date there has been no correction. Mr. Baker never returned the last phone call. When asked for a regional manager, I was told there was none. I was also told there were not supervisors in customer service. No one at this Cary NC hotel wanted to help you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
HomewoodAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

I noticed that you stated that you were charged for 2 rooms and you only had one... could you please provide me with contact information so that I can follow up with this to ensure that this is corrected. If someone has corrected already at the hotel it normally takes 7-10 business days for the credit card company to reflect it back on your credit card. If you would like to contact me please feel free to do so.

amckenzie@alliancehospitality.com