“Cozy hotel with great breakfast and really nice staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This was my first stay at Homewood Suites. I travel a bit for work and tend to gravitate towards accommodations that provide the extras (breakfast, parking, internet) without charging me the extra fees. From the moment I arrived, the front desk staff was extremely welcoming and even checked in on me shortly after my arrival to make sure everything was ok. The room with a king size bed was on the smaller size but the bed was comfy and that did a good job with the confined space. I was a little skeptical about being on the ground floor but the noise level was pretty minimal and who wouldn't love waking up to the smell of bacon engulfing the hallway. The food at breakfast was probably the best hotel breakfast I've ever had (and that includes hotel like the W and Westin). The food crew was so friendly and I look forward to coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank bflo_grl
HomewoodAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

bflo_girl,

Thank you so much for your review. We strive to offer 100% guest satisfaction to all of our guest and I am very pleased that this was accomplished during your stay. Many people do not take the time to review hotels when they have experienced a great stay and we thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to do so.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

The rooms are nice. Make sure to avoid the larger lady that works on the morning shift. She had her cell phone ringing in het pocket during breakfast and was extremely rude. Personally I would not come back here.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank WildHorseAdventure
HomewoodAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

WildHorseAdventure,

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Homewood Suites Cary as well as for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review for our hotel. I also want to apologize if our staff was rude to you and I would love to have more details on the situation to ensure that this does not occur again with our guest in the future. We do have a strict policy of no cell phones at our hotel and this has been addressed with our staff! Our goal is to provide our guest with 100% satisfaction and when this is not accomplished we have failed our goal! With the help of guest and their feedback this helps us to provide the very best for our guest.

Once again I do apologize and I hope that you will try us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me with more feedback!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

FIRST I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THEY HAVE BED BUGS! my daughter woke up in the middle of the night and said she saw a black bug. I turned the lights on, pulled the blankets off of my son's bed and bed bugs were scurrying away! there were a few blood stains on the sheets from them. I actually caught one and squashed it. it was soooo gross! my daughter was crying, they were on her bed too. i called the front desk and the person said they were the only one working so he couldn't help me out at all. he could only offer a refund. it was 2AM. we stripped down, double bagged our clothes. put new clothes on, and are now scarred for life! It was the craziest thing! AND we were paying over $200/night for this room!
With that said, the hotel is old and gross. the first room we were given was a smoking room that we did not ask for. the second we walked in we got instant headaches! so they kindly switched us to a BED BUG room! We wound up having to leave in the middle of the night, literally in the car with 2 young kids by 3am. such a shame. never ever ever go here!

Oh, and if you want to risk getting bed bugs! you must sleep on the most uncomfortable mattresses ever! maybe it was a blessing in disguise, the beds were so uncomfortable no one could sleep so the bed bugs were spotted. OH AND we did a bed bug check! forgot to mention that. but apparently they came from the headboard area. the sides of the mattresses looked clean. We have learned a lesson!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank cltm
HomewoodAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Dear Cltm,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you and your family had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. We are working closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any areas of the hotel that may have been exposed to the pests. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention during your stay. Our team responded quickly to your report and is working tirelessly to make sure this does not happen to again. You are always welcome to stay at our hotel should you travel to Cary, North Carolina in the future. Again, your feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I'll keep this short; Incredibly small NON Suite room(435, 18" from foot of bed to TV unit on opposite wall), Incredibly Noisy A/C, Incredibly poor internet speed, Below average breakfast buffet ! There are MUCH better options in this area ! and this review is from a dedicated Hilton Honors traveller.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear BritBoyInFL,

As the Assistant General Manager of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Cary, I am concerned when a guest has a stay that is less than 100% satisfactory. Our goal is to provide the best accommodations and service in the lodging industry today, and I regret that this did not occur during your recent visit to our Homewood Suites.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had to endure during your stay but I am glad you shared your concerns with us. The room type you were in was a king, nonsuite, nonsmoking; We do have suites also available at our hotel I would be more than happy to check your reservation history if you feel like you were not given the room type that you reserved in regards to the size of the room. Our nonsuites are the size of traditional hotel rooms which are indeed smaller than our suites.

To address your concerns I am not sure when you stayed here at our hotel but I do not have any reports on file of guest complaints for this room with AC noise issues (June, July and August were searched). We try our best to accomodate ALL guest issues and concerns and I am not showing knowledge of this matter to the hotel. Although, I do not show any issues I have contacted our Engineering department to have them double check your concerns to see if any problem still exist.

Unfortunately, there is not much that we can do in regards to your internet speed. We do have the same internet and support that all other Homewood Suites have which is provided by Hilton. We also follow the brand standard for our breakfast but we are open to suggestions to improve and to pass along to the Homewood Brand!

Thank you for being our guest and for being honest. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and would love to have more of your feedback to help us in providing the best service to our guest!

Reviewed July 2, 2011

We were in a handicaped room. It was small with a double bed.
The bath room, which was supposed to be handicapped friendly, was not really that friendly. There was no grab bar becide the commode.
My husband had a fall, because of this. We reported the incident.
we have not heard back from the management. No room should be called a handicap room if it is not up to code.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paxboy
HomewoodAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear Paxboy,

On behalf of Homewood Suites Cary, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not (giving you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel). We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this.

Please accept this as a formal apology for your disappointment during your stay. It was not our intentions to cause any damage or inconvenience. In retrospect, I want to assure you that our hotel is ADA approved and we follow all requirements associated. Also, as a standard all incidents which are reported are passed on the our owners for future communications. While this is by no means an excuse for not following up with you directly, it is standard procedures.

Again, I am sorry for what happened. We thank you for being our guest and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again. We look forward to a more positive association with you in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

My daughter's basketball team (and parents) stayed at Homewood during a tournament at UNC. It started off a little rocky when they could not find my reservation! I must admint I was not a happy camper behind this especially since I was the one who made all the reservations! Lukily, they did have some vacancies so I was able to get a room. Other than this, it was a decent stay. The rooms are nice size, relatively clean and the bed was comfy. The staff was courteous and due to the number of teams staying there, they provided a bag breakfast for the girls! The hotel is located in a quiet woodsy area---this was a plus. Even with all the kids at the hotel, it was still a peaceful stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodAGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear Reece1125,

Thank you for the taking the time to write a review. Although, I do believe that maybe you have the wrong hotel for your review and it may have been our sister hotel closer to UNC. We always welcome wonderful comments but also want to make sure that the review is to the proper hotel.

Once again thank you!

Reviewed May 14, 2011

This is the most unfriendly Hilton staff that I have ever encountered.
I asked for something for my room, The "little young lady" behind the counter told me " you can get that off the maids cart" she was too busy texting to assist me.
The evening "young man" showed no concern for the disfunctions of my stay. The dinner at night - served SUPPOSEDLY from 5 to 7 pm is gone by 5:30. Spend your money somewhere else. I am a Hilton Honors Member!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mildred424
HomewoodAGM, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Mildred424,

I am writing to send my apologies for not delivering the level of service we strive to offer during your business trip to Cary, North Carolina. You are correct, our guests enjoy a complimentary Welcome Home Reception meal Monday through Friday from 5pm to 7pm. We should have responded quicker to replenish the reception menu items so everyone could have been served. As a Hilton Honor member, you are aware that we aim to provide all of our guests a rewarding experience. Our Homewood Suites Cary team understands how important it is to have the comfortable and enjoyable stay and hope you consider staying with us again so we can demonstrate the excellent service and hospitality we are known for. Thank you for your feedback.

Homewood Suites Cary