“Will stay again!”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Hartsville, South Carolina, USA
“Will stay again!”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

The purpose of our trip was not really for fun. We had been referred to a local vet hospital b/c our dog needed to have orthopedic surgery. We have two dogs so we needed to travel with both dogs and we needed a place to stay for 2-3 days depending on how our dog did after surgery. Because my husband had to make the trip with me he had to have a place to work during the day with internet access.

I read a lot of reviews on line and thought, WOW, could these places really be so bad! After careful consideration and research I decided to stay at La Quinta. They had some really good reviews even though the earlier reviews were terrible. I decided that management must have made some changes to corrected the issues because the current reviews were better than the older ones. And the price was really great and best of all NO PET FEES!. As a pet owner I'm sure you can appreciate that perk. I am really glad we decided on La Quinta. It's located close to the vets office and there were plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from. All the people, guest and staff, seemed very friendly. I did not hear noises from the hall or other rooms, the room was exceptionally clean and the temperature was comfortable. Unfortunately our dog has to have a repeat of this past surgery on his other back leg so we will be back in a few months and I will definitely book at La Quinta!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Mount Sidney, Va
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We needed a place to stay that was pet friendly and close to the Cary area. La Quinta Inn was great. Our dog was excited to see so many other friendly pets. The rooms were well insulated (could not hear any barking dogs). No extra pet fees. Rooms/hotel very clean. Staff very friendly. We will return to this hotel when we travel to Cary.

Port Clinton, Ohio
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Very pleasantly suprised how clean and the excellent condition this pet friendly Carey La Quienta is, better condition then many other non-pet hotels. The staff is top notch!

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We've stayed at this hotel several times, and we've found it to always be a pleasant stay. The staff and management are both cordial and attentive. The rooms are very clean, and the beds are very comfortable. Plus, this hotel is in easy access to everything in the area. You really can't go wrong staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Stayed the 2nd week of November. Avg rate for 3 days was $85.

Although we had little interaction with the staff, they were friendly and capable.
The room was bright, clean, cheerful, and a nice size. There were lots of lamps.
The bathroom was large, clean and bright. The water pressure was very good, and the drains worked well. The wireless internet signal was strong, and worked well.
The area in which we parked was well lit.

I can't comment on how comfortable the bed was, and I've rarely met a bed I didn't like. ;-)..

Finally, there is a very good pizza parlor in the strip mall beside the hotel. Large slices, decent prices and great pizza.

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed at La Quinta for several weeks while we were waiting for our new house to be ready. I came here after leaving another hotel in the area that I was disappointed with. I came to La Quinta and felt relieved to be here. The rooms were clean and new with flat screen TVs. I liked this hotel because it was nice and quiet, which was important to me since I work all day and want to come back and relax. The service was also very good here. Teresa was especially helpful. One night over the Thanksgiving holiday, the guests next to me had their TV too loud. I told Teresa and before I could even walk up to my room, the TV was either turned way down or completely turned off. She called them immediately and took care of the situation. Bottom line is that I would recommend this hotel.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stayed at the site for over a week. We had to use the fax machine and copier, it was great to get a smile with every request. Great staff, very accomodating, made us feel like we were part of the LaQuinta family. I would stay here time after time and I will do so.
I have stayed at many LaQuintas from Calf to N.C, from Denver to Texas and many more to list. Cary site is the best by far.

Patti from Dallas