“Ok for short visit, lousy for long stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary

La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Phoenix
“Ok for short visit, lousy for long stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

I stayed there a total of 10 days. For the most part, everything was ok. The rooms are accomidating with a microwave, coffeemaker, and small refridgerator. Nice, large LG flat panel LCD television and a free internet connection (just have to update service daily, but free).

The breakfast was ok, but lacking any meat. Plenty of waffles, cereal (there may or may not be milk though) and fruit. The lady who usually stocks breakfast works at a snails pace, and often items that you think they are out of, just haven't been put out by her. She takes her time and often stops to watch tv. One morning there was no milk for about 30 minutes until she decided to get a box out of the cart and restock it.

One early morning at 4:20 a.m. I heard the alarm go off at full volume, in the room next to me. It took 2 calls to the front desk to get someone to answer the phone. I explained the situation and was told it would be taken care of immediately. 15 minutes later, the alarm is still going so I call the front desk again. No answer. I try one more time and after about 10 rings, I get a dial tone as if someone hung up on me. A few minutes later, I hear the footsteps of someone hurrying to the room next door and finally shutting off the alarm.

• Liked — Cleanliness, Internet service
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank tomhat9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2008

We chose this hotel from reviews on Trip Advisor, and it is a very nice hotel in a nice area - although not a whole lot to do right in the town of Cary. We had reserved a suite at this hotel three months prior to our arrival. Check in was a nightmare. I waited in line to check in to be told that we had not reserved a suite, that we had supposedly booked two individual rooms. I had to go out to the car to get our reservation from their hotel. I then had to wait in line all over again to show them that the reservation specifically says a suite. They called a man up to the front desk who then informed me that they were out of suites for the night and he would then give me a "big" discount on a regular room. I asked him how that is possible when we had reserved then room so far ahead of time and his response was "luck of the draw". So helpful. We had no choice but to take the single room. I accessed the internet then from our room and saw that it still was showing suites were available for those nights AND that the "big discount" rate was the standard rate. Like I said, the hotel itself is worthwhile, but the staff is not exactly helpful or cooperative.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Saginaw, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2007

I was impressed with the updated room which was very large. We had a king bed with a couch in the room. My only complaint is that although the room was newly redecorated, I did not care for the couch. It was a hard and benchlike with a hard bolster for the back. There is no way you would want to sit on it for more than putting on your shoes. I try to book a room with a couch so I can sit and read at night on something other than the bed. The room was very nicely put together though with great colors, lampshades, pictures and a gorgeous shade on the window. Breakfast was a good with a lot of choices and the breakfast room very nice and roomy. We had a problem with loud guests down our hall late one night and it did take 3 calls to the desk before something was done. That is my only complaint but I would stay there again as it was convenient for our purposes.

• Liked — cleanliness and layout of room
  • Disliked — couch in the room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HIT_THE_ROAD_AGAIN!
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2007

I had a great stay at the LaQuinta of Cary. I redeemed some points from their rewards club, so I had a free night in a suite. I noticed on the website that the hotels are going to the new "Mod" decor and the room bore this out. Included in the room was a large HDTV and new carpet, paint, and fixtures. The staff was very helpful in letting me get a late checkout. I cannot attest to the breakfast, but my girlfriend said that it was mostly bread products, so don't look for anything mindblowing. Also at this location, they were still in the process of construction, but they didn't bother me at all. Also, it was great to be able to get a free night's stay for free, so for the price I paid ($0) I was blown away. When they finish with it, expect good things!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NCKen
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

This is the best stay for your $$ in Cary. I booked my daughters B-Day party here this past weekend. Renovations to the entire hotel are almost done. The rooms are spacious. Outdoors has different areas to sit if you do not want to sit at the pool. It allows pets. Clean, friendly and accomidating. Free breakfast. Noon checkout and not 11am. Business room, fitness room and wireless internet in the lobby. All rooms have internet provider as well.
I live 1 mile from the hotel and have my clients stay here when they come to town. Everyone has been satisfied.
ALSO, look at their website under "Weekend Impulse", it will save you quite a bit of $$ if you make your reservations close to check in date. :) My room was $99 and went to $59 with this offer.

• Stayed August 2007
1 Thank love2travel48
Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2006

Short and sweet, Wife and I went there one afternoon while looking for real estate in the area. We went from a room at another hotel that was $45 more per night and we ended up staying for 6 days. Clean place, quiet place, friendly staff.

We will return to this hotel.

• Liked — Convenience to highways and shopping, price.
  • Disliked — The TV in the Gym didn't work at all.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cyclotourer
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2006

My wife and I stayed here twice in 2006, once in the winter and once in the summer, 3 days each time. Both experiences were similar. This is a typical La Quinta. The rooms are clean and spacious; the grounds are well maintained; the continential breakfast was plentiful, although the completely starchy selection does get old after a few days. The neighboorhood is nice and very safe. Practically everyone who stays at the hotel brings a pet; luckily, there is a small wooded area behind the hotel for walking dogs. I paid $75/night, and I would say that is about right for this quality and location.

Stayed July 2006