“Good Value”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good Value”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This isn't my favorite hotel in Raleigh/Cary, but it is a good value for my hotel standards. Thus, I stay here from time to time. I've had mixed experiences. The first time I stayed, our room had such a bad odor that we had to go buy pet deodorizer to spray the room. Other times that I have stayed, we did not have this problem.

The front desk people and cleaning staff are friendly. You get free fridge, microwave, internet, and parking. It is close to Wal-Mart and several restaurants. The room is large and clean with bright colors. Some rooms are well-maintained, while others need updating. The breakfast is adequate. For the most part, I felt safe. In general, it is a good enough hotel for those who want a good value and can stand the potential odor/noise issues with being a pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank daughterd9702

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Sure, Keep your reservation if you don't mind, lets see bugs, no hot water, rude service, loin clothes for pool towels. My stay was utterly appalling. I walk into my room, which smells of urine, and has stains all over the couch/futon. My next room the toilet overflows and we were handed a plunger to fix the problem on our own. My mother reserved a room with a refrigerator for insulin and was told we have none, not to mention my father had to push the cot they ordered to the room himself. Multiple roaches, woke up to no hot water, which remained that way the entire weekend. And to top it off, a staff member was kind enough to steal my credit card information and use it for another customers charges, making my bank account overdrawn!!! Have fun stay at La Quinta. I recommend the Sheraton not too far away!

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Nicole F
Grand Cayman
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good quality hotel with outstanding staff, great location, quiet, clean, comfortable rooms and surroundings. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay after spending all day out touring and helping our daughter move into an apartment, it was a pleasure to come "home" and get a good nights rest and then a good breakfast in the morning to start our new day. Good job everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel and found it convenient location/central to all areas of triangle. This hotel felt safe, and also was very well presented and kept. The hotel had more than express hotel feautures but not overdone/overwhelming either, had all one needs comfortably..nice room, pool, outdoor seating area quaint, had breakfast, efficient-honest-pleasant-safe-clean. Pets present but no noise, very quiet also to sleep in general. Restaurants and shopping nearby, area attractions accessed well. Staff very pleasant and proficient in all one's dealings, above and beyond. Exterior had a presence and welcoming nature to it, as did the interior of the hotel. I'd come back again and recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was an great room and an outstanding value. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a few water leaks but understandable since the we had a terrible storm with flooding all around Raleigh. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast also very good. Loved the spacious bathrooms, and the hotel was room was very large. The only drawback to this hotel was the thin doors to the hallways. It allowed way too much noise to filter into the room, and that is the main reason for the 4 and not a 5.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family