“Vegan, Vegetarian, and Not -- Nice Variety”

Spotted Dog Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Carrboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Thousand Oaks, California
“Vegan, Vegetarian, and Not -- Nice Variety”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My daughter (vegan) and I (not vegan) look for vegan-friendly restaurants when eating together. This is sometimes difficult and the results less than satisfying, but not in the case of the Spotted Dog. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. There are a good variety of beers (bottled and draught) and we each enjoyed one we hadn't tried before (one was "Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale"). The vegan buffalo wings appetizer, recommended by our waitress, was enjoyed by both of us. My daughter said that the "Vegan BBQ Burger" was great and I enjoyed the "Black-eyed Pea Cakes" (vegetarian) as they were nicely spiced, which for me means hot but not so much as to overtake the taste of the food. Service was exceptionally friendly.

By the way, the burgers & chicken (the real meat kind) are "all natural, hormone & antibiotic free", according to the menu.

It's a pub-style atmosphere with vegan options -- now my daughter's favorite spot in North Carolina! Thanks Spotted Dog!

• Visited March 2014

Rochester, NY
“Vegans and carnivores unite!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife (vegan) and I (not) have some difficulty finding restaurants where we both have reasonable choices, so we were extremely pleased to find Spotted Dog. Great choices for both of us, and on our first trip there yesterday, both our selections were great! We will definitely be back as we have many selections on the menu yet to try. I stuck to the burger which was great, plus I could even get sprouts on it. They were very flexible. Wife had a tempeh and veggies combo that was excellent, even I liked it. Good beer/wine selection and Irish coffee was nice end. No room for the dessert selections which were homemade. We'll go back just for that.
Service was terrific, very informative and attentive. Jamie, the owner came by to welcome us and actually spent time to chat. Nice atmosphere and in the middle of everything. 2 block walk to the Arts Center where we were going for a concert. Park there and walk over.

• Visited March 2014
chapel hill nc
“Great little place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great family or date night inexpensive but yummy food with an emphasis on creative vegetarian options. My favs: Black eyed pea cakes, house made veggie burger, turkey burger, grilled chicken and pasta. Great drink specials too and good solid service.

Chapel Hill
“Good food, great vegetarian choices”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I like going to the Spotted Dog because I can go with my vegetarian friends and still find something for me to eat. Love the chicken tenders and baked potato soup!

Small, quaint place - not good for a big crowd, but perfect for just the two of you.

Durham, North Carolina
“Best Little Joint in Carrboro”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great Soups & Sandwiches, Vegan & vegetarian dishes, great salads-fun bar atmosphere "where everybody knows your name"...