“Regretably, A Disappointment”
Review of Provence

Provence
Reserve with OpenTable
Provence is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 76 Restaurants in Carrboro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Greensboro Street
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I hadn't been to Provence in such a long time and when some friends from out of town came for a visit, I decided to Provence would be perfect since our friends love French food and wine. It pains me to say it, but our experience was average and my meal was disappointing. Perhaps on a different evening, things would have been different. We dined on a Saturday night and the restaurant was quite busy. Even though we had made a reservation, we were seated in the middle of the bar area in a high traffic and noisy area.

As for the food -- I couldn't help wondering if my food had been "pre-prepared" well in advance and that it had been sitting around for awhile. I started with the fois gras and it was tasty. For my main entree, I decided on the Poisson de Jour -- the chef's selection of four fish -- since Provence is well known for high quality, delicious fish dishes. I was disappointed. The two pieces of Sole were tails and in my view, over cooked, and overly done in spices, oil/butter. The piece of salmon was embarrassingly small -- one bite only and the fourth fish was one lonely scallop.

I hope we just hit Provence on an "off" or busy night, as my other experiences have been good ones over the years.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our first time here we had never even had French food so I can not compare it but I can say the food for me was delicious the service outstanding and I would recommend this restaurant and will be a returning customer. Thank you Provence for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a wonderful Resturant. You can eat in out outside. The food is so tasty porting sizes are filling !
This is an ideal "special nigh"t resturant Baptist brings a special tallent of skilled cuisine at its best. Wonderful seafood and Devine desserts Baptist has been in the resturant business for a long time this she's through in the Resturant from complimentary wines to delicious food and great hospitality. Well done. We will be back very soon!!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

despite great reviews, this place is overpriced and has only average food...about $320 for 4 of us with wine..no sense of a great french dining experience

1  Thank Denner_10
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants...until it changed owners this year. What was once a culinary delight wrapped inside of stellar service and a warm, inviting atmosphere is now barely average food with terrible service ( we waited over an hour for our food and hadone member of our party scolded by the waitress when she was told one of the entrees was wrong --"ma'am, I'll fix it, but you need to calm down"--- the "ma'am "was calm) and a manager who never approached our table with apology...he did thank us for letting him know the service was unacceptable and the food mediocre....what a disappointment. The manager could have saved the day, but instead, ensured that ten people left with a bad taste in their mouth and a feeling they had wasted their money. You're better off at Wendy's right down the street---at least the food is hot, the customer service a priority and orders guaranteed.

4  Thank BHIgirl