“Every Sunday”

Elmo's Diner
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Carrboro
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Like a true diner, we serve homemade food and breakfast all the time. We have comfy booths, as well as tables, and lots of high chairs and boosters for the little ones! We are a gathering place where locals are sure to see someone they know and visitors are likely to make new friends. We’re a community restaurant both in the sense that we are a local favorite and in the sense that we strive to be good neighbors and give back to our community
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place is great. We have breakfast here everything Sunday and always enjoy it. The food and service are wonderful. I can't speak to the rest of the menu, but if you are in the area and in the mood for breakfast, Elmo's won't let you down.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

After driving back from the Outer Banks we stopped in Chapel Hill to visit my 2 sons and daughter in law. We went to Elmo's in Carrboro for brunch. There was a short wait but they offered coffee outside the entrance to the restaurant. After being seated the service was fast and we received our meals in a timely manner. The Eggs Benedict that I ordered was the best I have ever had. We had a party of five and everyone was very pleased with their meals. Will return to Elmo's, it was a great experience.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My friends and I went to Elmo's at six o'clock on a weeknight, and despite a party of six were seated quickly. Service was informal but excellent, and the menu is expansive with a little bit of something for everyone. The atmosphere is nice -- traditional diner meets hipstery Carrboro. I had a tasty vegetarian taco salad, and my only complaint is that I had to pay extra for avocado, which is usually included in vegetarian dishes. My friends got a variety of diner staples, and I tasted a few things. The cornbread is quite good, the fries could've been crispier, but overall, quite good.

The real reason I'm giving this a "very good," though, is that the chocolate chess pie was absolutely phenomenal. It's the first really fantastic dessert I've gotten in the triangle, and I would drive the whole way over to Carrboro and deal with the nightmare that is parking just to have that pie.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is hard to express just how below average this place is. One can only surmise that the long, desperate lines on weekends are due to the lack of decent brunch places in Carrboro. I suppose one of the redeeming values of the place is that children are welcomed. I remember when my kids were young, they loved Elmo's. Note to aspiring restaurateur: Open a place in Carrboro that serves breakfast with properly cooked eggs, pancakes that do not land in the belly like a brick and whose patio view is not a parking lot. In short, not Elmo's.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Service excellent. Patio atmosphere great. Prices reasonable. Food a dissapointment. The Turkey Meal not up to par. The green beans were mushy, the toast under the turkey like a board. Chocolate cake for desert was good.

1  Thank ECaswell_NC