“Great Spot and Bistro-4 stars!”
Review of Venable Bistro

Venable Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Venable Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Carrboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Weaver Street
Transit: Venable is located on the CW, F and J bus lines. Convenient to all of Chapel Hill and Carrboro public transit.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We lived in CBoro for a few years and left 2 yrs ago for Durham, so we eat out less in CBoro and Ch Hill, and are discovering all the great Durham spots.
However, we missed this place-it opened just after we left. We tried it this past Sunday evening. It was a great experience; food, atmosphere & service were all great. One nice thing-no bad music overpowering everything. It actually kind of cozy in a "factory bistro" setting with exposed pipes, brick and very tall ceilings (but I'll bet it gets really loud on a busy night-no rugs, cloths or curtains to muffle the talk). The food choices ranged from sandwiches to burgers to entrees, and all had a nice change from the standard fare. I had the fried boneless chicken with arugula with a side of whipped potatoes that were great.
We'll be back-it's a "happenin" place.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had dinner here recently as a family and we had a good experience.
Food: the food was excellent. The portions were large. We had the mussels, the kale salad (excellent), the ribs (very good) with mashed potatoes (excellent). For dessert we had the panda cotta which was poor.
Ambiance: the ambiance was great. The tables are far apart and the noise levels can at times be loud.
Service: the service was excellent. Our waiter was attentive, friendly and helpful.
Overall, we will be back soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I loved my meal at several brunches we have eaten at Venable Bistro in Carrboro. The atmosphere is very pleasant, service is good and food delicious. One of my new favorites in my hometown, Carrboro.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Basically, it did not live up to it's word defination. We had 6:30 reservations and did not leave until 8:45... People around us came and went and we sat waiting for our food. Half of us enjoyed or dinner, the rest, not... One meal, chicken, was sent back ... It was like a bathroom tile, hard and dry... My Udon noodles were very good, but at $15.00, a bit pricey... My wife enjoyed her Cobb salad... It was noisey, to say the least... As a group of 10-12 retirees, we eat out locally every friday evening... Venable will more than likely not reappear on our dinner list...

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I spent many years traveling to/from the UK and while there I always loved a good English breakfast. My experience at Venable is the only time in the US that I have ever had a full English breakfast with eggs, baked beans, ham, banger, grilled tomato, potatoes, toast and coffee all in for a single reasonable price. My wife had a salmon eggs benedict that was equally delicious and prepared exactly the way she ordered it. I can't comment on other meals, but we will definitely return to Venable the next time I need an English "fix" for breakfast.