“Great Brunch Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Venable Bistro

Venable Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Venable Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Carrboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Weaver Street
Transit: Venable is located on the CW, F and J bus lines. Convenient to all of Chapel Hill and Carrboro public transit.
Carrboro, North Carolina
“Great Brunch Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I loved my meal at several brunches we have eaten at Venable Bistro in Carrboro. The atmosphere is very pleasant, service is good and food delicious. One of my new favorites in my hometown, Carrboro.

• Visited December 2013

rougemont,n.c.
“Mixed emotions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Basically, it did not live up to it's word defination. We had 6:30 reservations and did not leave until 8:45... People around us came and went and we sat waiting for our food. Half of us enjoyed or dinner, the rest, not... One meal, chicken, was sent back ... It was like a bathroom tile, hard and dry... My Udon noodles were very good, but at $15.00, a bit pricey... My wife enjoyed her Cobb salad... It was noisey, to say the least... As a group of 10-12 retirees, we eat out locally every friday evening... Venable will more than likely not reappear on our dinner list...

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“English Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I spent many years traveling to/from the UK and while there I always loved a good English breakfast. My experience at Venable is the only time in the US that I have ever had a full English breakfast with eggs, baked beans, ham, banger, grilled tomato, potatoes, toast and coffee all in for a single reasonable price. My wife had a salmon eggs benedict that was equally delicious and prepared exactly the way she ordered it. I can't comment on other meals, but we will definitely return to Venable the next time I need an English "fix" for breakfast.

• Visited January 2014
Tennessee
“Large Portions of Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This seems to be a very popular place. There was a waiting list which would not have been a problem except the staff seemed to be in no hurry to clean tables when they became open. I had the fried chicken which was a breast butterflied with a bone in served with salad greens on top that were intended to be eaten at the same time as the chicken. The combination was very tasty although a bit on the heavy side. The specialties seem to be roasted items.

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Inviting environment; excellent fresh, local fare served in innovative, but accessible combinations; quality service; & fair prices. A favorite for dinner, but great for brunch as well.

Visited October 2013