“Atlantic Towers is the BEST !!”
Review of Atlantic Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Atlantic Towers
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed August 20, 2006

We have stayed at the Atlantic Towers every trip to Carolina Beach for the last three years; except two. I should have known better, as Atlantic Towers is the BEST on the beach. Great views, great pools, super friendly staff. My son loves the bunkbeds, and we love how nicely the rooms are furnished and decorated. Kitchen was super, with dishwasher, disposal,ceiling fans, new countertops, and just so far and above my expectations. I have read several reviews, and I have never seen a bug problem, or odor, and we have stayed in several rooms at this hotel. Staff is friendly, and they even have a built in safe in the bedroom for your valuables, that you program with your own security code. This is the place to go for a no-worries, relaxing vacation with the family. I'll never stay anywhere else at Carolina Beach; Atlantic Towers is the best !! Thank you , se you next summer !!

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank J N

Ohio
Reviewed May 15, 2006

We have stayed at the Atlantic Towers twice a year for two weeks over the past four years. This stay however was really the pits. There was some re-construction going on which they never told us about. When I went to the desk and complained and told them I should get a reduction in my rate, I was advised that I was free to leave and they would give me a credit at prorated cost. Yah right. I am down on vacation and they expect me to pack up everything and go someplace else. They also told me to go out and do something, like sight seeing. I have been down there for four years, what else is there to see? Also, if that is the case what do I need a condo for. I came down to relax, not run all over the place. Plus, the housekeeping was horrible. Half of the time the never made up the beds and when they did, all they did was pull the covers back. Like I say, it was the worse stay I ever had any place and I traveled on the road for (23) years before I retired.

Stayed: April 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mt.Vernon,Illinois
Reviewed March 5, 2006

Ilove Atlantic Towers and Atlantic Beach.Most wonderful vacation I could have wished for.

Stayed: August 1999
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Poughkeepsie, NY
Reviewed November 9, 2005

We drive from New York each year to Carolina Beach and stay at Atlantic Towers. We have done this for 5 years. Last year we even brought 2 friends and rented side-by-side condos. We always stay from 3 to 4 months at a time between the months of November and March. Over the years we have come to think of the Towers as our own personal second home.

We were surprised to see some of the negative opinions found on this site. We have always been proud to invite friends and family to visit us in our condos each year. I feel like there may be some misleading information out there so for the record,

1.We have never seen a bug in any of our condos. We stay in a different condo each year (we like the variety) and the pest control routine has always remained the same. Once a month the desk lets us know that the pest man will be making his rounds in the next couple of days. Then he comes and sprays all over the condo. We have never had a bug problem at Atlantic Towers.
2.Each year when we check in our condo is ready for us. It is very clean and has clean sheets and white towels and washcloths in the bathroom. We have never had colored towels in a condo. Maybe the person on this site who took pictures during their stay hung their beach towels in the bathroom because they're always white.
3.We have been very happy with the cleanliness of the condos and the yard every time we visited. The landscaping while minimal (probably because of the windy oceanfront) is clean. The heated pool is enclosed and full sized. It stays warm and I would never swim in a dirty pool! I swim in this pool at least 3 times a week for my back.

We feel so at home each time we check in. The same friendly desk girl has been signing us in all these years. The same "Mr. Fix-It" has been taking care of our questions, mishaps (we once locked our bathroom door and couldn't get in and he came to unlock it after midnight!), and concerns since we started going to Atlantic Towers. The same manager has taken care of our application and lease for all of these years. It seems that the people at the Towers are geniunely happy to see us when we stay! We used to stay at another condo up the street but found this one and have been staying ever since! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Carolina Beach. Just thought people should know.

• Stayed: November 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rockville, MD
Reviewed November 4, 2005

A recent stay with a friend who was a guest at the Towers was enjoyable. However, after reading other reviews and reviewing pictures on this site, we felt cheated. We had no colored towels, instead we were provided with skimpy white generic towels that you could almost see through. Additionally, the bed linens did not fit the bed. While the suite was clean and orderly, the cleanliness of the outside areas was disappointing. The swimming pools, particularly the indoor pool, did not appear to be routinely cleaned. The indoor pool was "tepid", while advertised "heated" and the pool chemicals seemed excessive with limited ventilation in the enclosure. All in all, this condominium has a great location with oceanfront balconies in every suite but the building grounds could stand some attention. Obviously, this is not the "busy" beach season, we would worry about what condition the grounds and pools would be in season.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 23, 2005

An oceanfront one bedroom condo with a full kitchen on an beautiful uncrowded beach at a reasonable rate? We thought it was too good to be true, but we were pleasantly surprised.

Atlantic Towers is not a luxury hotel, but it is clean and well-maintained. There is an outdoor and indoor pool, as well as a game room, and a grilling/picnic area.

Each unit is apparently decorated differently (we found out that these are each privately owned condos.) We stayed on the ninth floor in condo #907, which we very much recommend. It had a gorgeous ocean view and was decorated with very cute beach-themed wall hangings and knick-knacks. Fun tropical colors - yellow, coral and turquoise. The bedroom was more serene in a pale green. Our kids loved the bunk beds in their own private alcove, and we loved the privacy of a separate bedroom.

Condo was well stocked. The kids enjoyed the games and DVDs that were provided in this unit. The kitchen had even been stocked with spices, coffee filters, plenty of baking and cooking utensils and pans, popsicle makers, etc. (apparently this varies per unit - we talked to another family on the beach whose unit did not have these amenities.)

We had no bug problems as another reviewer had commented on. Our unit was very clean, and the elevators and building seemed quite clean too. Dara at the front desk was so nice and helpful!

We will definitely be back!

10  Thank FoodieFinds
Cary, NC
Reviewed October 21, 2005

We came for a weekend getaway & loved it! The front desk was friendly recommending great local places to eat & take the kids. We visited the aquarium right down the road & the battleship in Wilmington. We had mexican at El Zarape, itallian at Freddies (near the pier), & great seafood. We even found a seafood place that delivered!

The room was cozy but the setup was perfect for our young family. Our kids loved the bunk beds. They thought they were at camp all weekend! We had a separate bedroom in the condo with a king bed. The kids really liked the private balcony because they could see the ocean from so high up. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the condo & loved the beach.

The beach was a good size & the weather was great all three days. We liked that the area wasn't crowded. The price was very reasonable. We got in on a special fall rate they were running during the weekdays.

We will definately stay again!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member