“Filthy and Bugs Everywhere”
Review of Atlantic Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Atlantic Towers
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed September 19, 2005

My Husband and I have always taken our summer vacations to Atlantic Towers, except for the last 9 years we have been living in Las Vegas. I decided that on our trip back home there was no questions as to where we were going to stay, what a MISTAKE this was. This place was nothing like I remember, the upkeep was terrible, there were bugs everywhere, the linens were stained and smelled of urine. There were bugs in the light shades in the kitchen, the bathroom was something to be desired, the toiled was dirty, the toilet tank was cracked, it was truly the worst time that I have every spent in this place. We could not even leave our balcony door open to hear the sound of the ocean, due to all the bugs. Maybe we should have left the door open, and some of them would have left the room. YIKES........VERY SCARY........Think twice about staying here, if cleanliness and no bugs are an issue for you.

Kimberly
Las Vegas, Nevada

• Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed September 6, 2005

My family and I stayed at the Atlantic Towers for the Labor Day weekend and I must say it was a great stay. The rooms were big and beautiful. The beach was very nice. The pool was nice and clean. The other pool was a little too much cleaning agent, but it was still nice. The staff was good. They attended to all of our needs quickly and answered any questions that we had. My family had been to Carolina Beach before at another hotel and it was a decent hotel and priced much better than Atlantic Towers, but you get what you pay for. If I were to go back to Carolina Beach, I would want to stay at the Atlantic Towers.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank mafii_8
Reviewed May 19, 2005

Couldn't have asked for better service or room. The clerk that checked us in was wonderful. There are five of us (2 adults/3 kids) so she gave us extra towels, blankets, etc. That impressed me beacause usually you have to beg for extras. She called our room about thirty minutes later to see if there was anything else we needed and if the room was satisfactory.
We stayed on the 6th floor which had great ocean front views with a very nice balcony. They have an indoor pool which was enjoyable because the temperature outside made it impossible to get in the ocean.
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2005
7  Thank Debbie1983_1
Reviewed May 5, 2005

We were pretty pleased with the appearance and cleanliness of our room (a one bedroom condo), however, each day a little something different happened. The first day someone cleaned our room, they took a bag of laundry mistaking it for trash from our room. The front desk didn't seem to handle this issue with priority because an hour later we had to call again where they said house keeping had just come back from lunch and they'd get with them and let us know. We eventually did get our clothes back. The next day, our toliet stopped working. I will admit that did get fixed fairly quickly. We did come to realize that it's nearly impossible for more than one person to take a shower within an hour because that's how long the water took to warm back up and if you're accustomed to taking long showers you're vacation at this motel will break you of that. The final insult to our stay came moments after we checked out and were in route back home. We had paid for our room and done practically all of our spending using our debit card, and as I usually do I called to check the balance before we stopped to gas up for home (a 4 hour drive). To my surprise we were over $200 in the hole. It was at that time we came to the realization that atlantic towers had put a hold on our account without our authorization to do so. We immediately called them to find out why and why we hadn't been notified. They said that their policy was to hold the amount of $200 for only those living within a 75 mile radius of their hotel and since we did not their shouldn't have been a hold put on our account. Shouldn't have was not an answer for us and they weren't very helpful in looking into what mistakes might have happened. We made due and scrounged up enough money to get gas to get us home and contacted our bank the very next morning which verified what we already knew anyway, that atlantic toweres had put a hold on our account and it was for $266.93, not the $200 that they said would have been held had we lived within a 75 mile radius. This hold was placed on our account a week prior to our stay when we called to make reservations and removed at midnight the day we departed. After a call to the manager on duty that day they still hold fast to their story that nothing was put on hold even after we talked to our bank. In all, my advice to anyone considering staying here is pay with cash, watch your dirty clothes, and take short baths.

• Stayed: May 2005
14  Thank 0524bw
Biddeford, Maine
Reviewed April 24, 2005

We stayed for a week and can not find anything that is not good about our stay. The conviences of a private condo with the added bonuses of a fine hotel. Fresh towels delivered to our room daily and housekeeping. We had a great ocean front view from the seventh floor and it was spectacular. Our unit was very well taken care of and clean. Very helpful and friendly staff. I would highly recommend this hotel and would return in a minute if we ever travel back to that area again. Kids loved the pool!!

• Stayed: April 2005