“2nd time Room just Ok”
Review of Atlantic Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Atlantic Towers
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Ok, so we had so much fun the first time, we decided to go back again. Again last minute decision to go so we got the last room. It was a smoking room on the ground floor room 105. I was very hesitant due to my son and I both having severe allergies to smoke. My son did fine, but I sneezed the entire weekend.. So, this room was not decorated as nicely as our first room. My personal thoughts were that it is in deseparate need of an update. The bed had appeared to be sinking in the middle, the comforter set seemed a bit dingy.. but the sheets were nice and clean. The sofa in the living room was in dire need of cleaning or perhaps replacing it all together would be best, though it was comfortable after we covered it with a sheet. I could not bring myself to allow my 4 yrs to even sit on it without it being covered. The extra blankets in the closet were full of fuzz balls and appeared to be rather warn.. The rest of the furnishing were fine. As these are privately owned units I understand that the owners put their on personal touches on the unit but there appeared to be way more furniture in this unit than in the last, which seemed to take up more space than needed. the living room has two end tables a fairly large coffee table plus a large round dining table with 5 chairs (which was great). TV stand and an extra stand with little niknaks and books (which appears to be very dusty and my neice decided to not even touch them). The bedroom had a chester dresser, two end tables, queen size bed, long dress with mirror and a tv stand. I think this unit could get away with one night stand and do away with the TV stand and set the TV on top of the chester.. would open the room up so much.. Same with the living room,,, doing away with on of the end tables and the book stand would help it not look so crowded.

The carpet, which runs through out the unit except the bathroom and kitchen could use a nice deep cleaning or replacing it with tile may be even better.

In the bathroom-For the first 3 or 4 showers taken we all seemed to be coming out with red burning eyes.. there was a very strong odor of bleach or chlorine everytime we turned the shower on. Still don't know if it was the water or something that was used to clean the shower itself as we had not been to the pool.
The inside of the toilet was very stained and the base of the toilet had about inches of caulking binding it to the floor.

Though we could not see the ocean, being on the ground floor was definitely a benefit for accessing the beach quickly and loading/unloading our vehicle.

Non the less, we were there to enjoy a nice relaxing, fun weekend with family and we did just that!!!.. I would still go back to this property but if they told me room 105 was the only unit left I would have to decline...

I can not stress enough how helpful and nice the ladies at the front desk are. Always greeted us with a smile when we had to go into the office to ask questions or pick-up extra towels and sheets.

I think it is just up to the individual owners to ensure their units are updated frequently to help keep them fresh and comfortable for vacationers.

What you get for the price and location is definitely a value and we will definitely return.

Posting a few pics of the very interesting decorations above the kitchen cabinets. Sorry, did not get a chance to pull out the camera before I covered the couch..

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at the Atlantic Towers. We were in room 1008. The room had everything we needed and included a full kitchen, comfy couch, king sized bed, dvd player and balcony. The view was amazing and we were able to see dolphins from our balcony in the morning. The elevators were a bit slow, but it was bearable. We were able to rent chairs and an umbrella for $25 per day through the hotel. The one thing about this hotel that was a bit disappointing was that we couldn't walk to any restaurants or anything. It was just a little too far to walk to things. But, we would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Highly recommend for a great time! Staff is great and room was super! We will make this our place for future holidays!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Okay what can I say. Its just great there. The ocean, the sun, the beach. Just great. The room was wonderful. We had five in our party. Not a problem for space. We felt right at home. The staff was great. We had a problem with our door locking correctly. Within a half hour fixed. You can't get that kind of service in your own home. I will be back next year. I felt so relaxed annd at home it was great.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MDR2012000
Reviewed May 26, 2008

This was our second trip to Carolina Beach, & we stayed here both times because the condos are very nice & the rates are reasonable. The view from The Jimmy Buffett Room(306)was beautiful. The pools were clean-our 3 boys loved the indoor pool! The beach was clean & uncrowded-great place for small children to play! The staff was very friendly and helpful; however, the maid service left a little to be desired. We wish they would have vaccumed & cleaned the restroom. We'll definately be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank 5Trogs
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Room 214. Another vacation another room at Atlantic Towers. We are always pleased with the staff and grounds(pool etc). Just can't understand why an owner can't spend a little money to improve their rooms. The overall look is great but the sofa bed was one big sink hole! The stove only had one burner that worked completely. The garbage disposal didn't work. The dish washer worked but the dishes came out with food hanging on them. Could this be because the disposal didn't work? Next time we go to Atlantic Towers we will not stay in Room 214!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank d&ggrandma
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We stayed in the Atlantic Towers on 3/21-3/24/2008 in room 901.This time of the season was a great value for what the place had to offer.The view from the balcony was terrific and the side view as well as the view from our bedroom was also excellant.The room was a one bedroom condo that has a king bed in one room and 2 bunk beds in the hallway.It was very clean and nicely decorated.The kitchen is fully equipped and the bathroom is too.The staff were friendly and helpful and across the street parking was more than ample.Other than a few loose cabinet doors and stove handle,everything was in perfect working order.I'll stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple