Atlantic Towers
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
See available hotels
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Ranch Motel(Carolina Beach)
Beachside Inn(Carolina Beach)
  • Beachfront
Kure Keys Motel(Kure Beach)
Drydock Motel(Carolina Beach)
Moran Motel(Kure Beach)
  • Pool
South Wind Motel(Kure Beach)
  • Pool
Russo's Motel(Carolina Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsbunk bedstop bunkindoor poolvirtual tourcondo rentalour home away from homeend unitliving roomkure beachsome tlcfull bathevery summercarolina coastlaundry roomgreat weekendfresh towelsget away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2013

In the mid January we stayed at Atlantic Towers. Most would think in January why in the world would,you go to the beach, it is "so cold". We drove down for the day because how many times are you going to have 70 degrees in winter? I am so glad we did, my family and I had a blast on the beach and in the hotel. We stayed in room 101 right on the beach. Our room was well decorated, cute and cozy, and super clean to "the tee". The kitchen was pretty well stocked with everything that you could need. The room it's self was very spacious and even big enough for a bunk bed in the hall way near the living room. My 4 year loved the room, and the fact that they have kids games and coloring materials in the nightstand near the couch was plus. The staff was so nice and kind. After checking out and getting home that night we had realized that my son had left his stuff animal that he sleeps with every-night there. I called them right away and they found it. They saved it for me until the next weekend instead of mailing it back to me because, I was coming back down the following weekend to see the Fort fisher reenactment. When we come back again we will stay here again,preferably, in the same unit. If you’re looking for a great place to make memories with your family, have a friendly staff, and clean room consider Atlantic Towers as an option.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nikki N
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed in unit 1002 for the past four days.
The person who took care of us, when we arrived, was very helpful and friendly.

Our suite had a wonderful view of the ocean, it was very quiet, in the room.
The kitchen was stocked with everything one would need to prepare a simple meal. All we had to do was bring groceries and we were prepared to eat in whenever necessary.
The balcony, off of our room, was very nice and had pretty outside furniture that was comfortable. The suite was well decorated, it was cute and cozy.

The grounds and all of the area that I saw, were in very good condition. It was neat and seemingly well taken care of.

All of the staff that I had contact with, were nice, often friendly and very helpful.

It was an anniversary trip for my husband and I and I must have mentioned it when I booked the room because they gave us a little card, I really appreciated that it was very thoughtful.

THe only little thing that I think a potential visitor might need to be aware of is that they provide only one towel and one rag per guest in the bathroom, there is no hand towel provided and if you need a fresh rag to wash your face with, in the morning, you will need to request it.
I found this to be a minor issue but it is something to remember.

There are pay laundry facilities besides the office area, I didn't use them but the area was neat and seemingly well maintained.

All in all, this was a great stay for my husband and myself. I would stay here again,preferably, in the same unit.
The bed was really comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank M R
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We decided to take a family trip to the beach for a couple of days over the MLK holiday weekend since the kids were out of school and I was off of work. I looked online for weeks for a place to stay from Myrtle Beach northward. Something nice that didn't cost a arm and a leg. Its the off season for crying out loud. Found that value at Atlantic Towers a couple of days before we were suppose to leave. There website was great and very helpful. We were able to get a oceanfront condo on the fourth floor. Great price!! Cheaper than what I was finding in Myrtle Beach and other area beaches. The staff was helpful and nice from the first call to reserve to check out.

The hubby even loved it. Just what our family of four needed. 1 bedroom 1 bath condo. Our unit could have used a little more updating. But, all in all it was nice and CLEAN. The bed in the bedroom was comfy. My son said the bunk bed in the hallway was comfy too. He said his mattress felt like a memory foam mattress and it did. My daughter chose to sleep on the pull out sofa instead of the other bunk bed in the hallway. She said it was ok. But, most pull out sofas aren't comfortable any way. The kitchen was pretty well stocked with all that I needed. I did bring a few of my own personal things that I never leave home w/out. I prepared dinner the Sunday night we were there and had the best view on the beach. My family seated around the dinner table (with our busy lives this is rare), championship football games on the tube and the blinds open w/ the ocean out the windows. All seen from one spot, my chair at the dinner table.

We did not use the indoor pool while we were there. So I can't comment on this. My hubby and son went to the game room and only one or two games worked and it wasn't the ones they really wanted to play. It was a tiny game room. Maybe four games. So they were back in less than 30 mins. There is a laundry facility on the premises but, it would have been nice if the unit had its own stackable washer and dryer. We did have to park across the street. It wasn't that bad but, during peak season I can see how it would be a problem and even a safety concern if you have small children. The elevator worked and we had no problems with it.

We really enjoyed our stay and hated to leave. This is a place I wouldn't mind staying for a weeks vacation. Close to historic Fort Fisher, the aquarium and the Ferry terminal (which we rode Monday morning over to Southport to eat breakfast before heading home). I know why go all the way over to Southport to eat breakfast . . . it was the adventure of it. It was my excuse to the hubby to ride the Ferry. :-) Your not to far from Wilmington in the other direction and the Carolina beach boardwalk.

Room Tip: Fourth Floor end unit with a great view. We had a oceanview from the bedroom window even though the bedroom was street side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katrina G
Reviewed January 10, 2013

For many years “growing up” my family had friends who owned a condo in this complex and they graciously allowed us to stay here on many occasions for our beach vacations. This means I know this place in and out.

To begin with, the location is excellent! It’s right on the beach, boardwalk to the beach, good views and not far from the activities Carolina Beach offers. In addition, Kure beach is only a minute away and has access to the aquarium and Fort Fisher.

The building is beginning to age “a little” but looks to be in good condition considering all the blasting it takes from being beach front (wind, sand, etc). Some areas could use a little touch up but not a whole lot to complain about. A few renovations with the lobby would also be nice.

If I have to complain about anything, it would be elevator access, indoor pool area and arcade. To begin with, you have to consider that this place is BIG. It’s wide and has 11-12 floors. While they do have outdoor stairs on both sides of the building, who would want to lug their luggage up all those steps if your condo is on the higher floors? They do have one elevator; however it’s not that big and stays VERY busy with the large number of people staying here. We always stayed on the second floor so not a HUGE deal, but on a vacation the last thing you want is to break your back, hauling bags and suitcases. Moving on to the indoor pool, it’s not in horrible condition but the chlorine smell is extremely strong and the place could use some cleaning / updates as it is really beginning to show its age. The outdoor pool area looks to be in good shape. In regards in the arcade I have one word ... DEMOLISH! Its small, very old and outdated games which if they work will probably steal your quarter.

Another small detail (which is not really their fault) is the parking. With beach front property, they really only have room for one row of parking next to the complex. Unless you’re lucky to grab a spot, you have to park across the street in another parking lot. I understand this is not their doing but it still sucks that you have to cross a pretty busy two way road, just to get to your room. A Street Bridge would be ideal but that may not even be possible. Not a deal breaker but had to throw that in there.

About the rooms, I can’t say a whole lot. This complex allows for ownership of some of the condos while they rent out others. The one we stayed in for several years was very nice and well kept. Most (if not all of them) have small kitchens and some even have multiple rooms. I can say that the front desk staff was always very friendly and helpful. I’m sure seeing that everything else was well taken care of, the rooms are probably nice too. By frequenting many hotels, I usually find that the staff’s attitude and cleanliness of the rooms go hand in hand.

Overall this is an excellent choice for a nice, relaxing beach vacation. It doesn’t get much better than sitting on your balcony in the evening watching the sun set over the gorgeous ocean God has provided for us. If you’re looking for a great place to make memories with your family, consider Atlantic Towers as an option. I know I have many good memories there.

Room Tip: Second floor is nice! Its high enough to have a great view of the ocean but not too far up in case you have to walk up some steps.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PastorBrandon81
Reviewed January 7, 2013

After our fall trip to the Atlantic Towers, we elected to take a winter break. The Atlantic Towers offers as many conveniences in winter as in season. The indoor pool is warm and comfortable, the beach is clean and inviting, and Carolina Beach restaurants are fully open for business. Atlantic Towers' location is especially appealing. (In the Fall, we were committed to a schedule,) From Atlantic Towers you can make a day trip to Southport, Bald Head Island, and, of course, Wilmington for dining, shopping, and varied entertainment.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the ocean. I like fourth floor or higher. These are condos, therefore, there may be some variations in decor and appointments, but both we have used were well located on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple