“Loved this house!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Concord, North Carolina
“Loved this house!”
Reviewed September 29, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here with our two young adult children (23 and 26). Our son just commissioned into the Air Force so we wanted a last family vacation before he leaves. We loved the fact that we didn't have drive to get anywhere. The beach is just across the street, boardwalk is about one block, Shuckin' Shack is around the corner and the Fat Pelican is steps away. We did drive to the Tiki bar because wanted to get back to meet friends but could have walked, it's about a mile.
The house was clean and well stocked. The fact that we didn't have to provide sheets and bath towels was a really nice bonus. There are two family rooms. If we had been there with young children we would have used both, kids in one and a little adult time in the other. As it was, the extra room was mostly used to store our tandem bicycle so it was out of the way without being left outside. The small deck/patio is usable if you just need to be outside but your view is a concrete wall. It didn't matter for us as we spent all our outside time on the beach then used the patio and small back yard to store our sandy beach stuff. It's nice not to have to drag it through the house. There is a gate to the back and a hose so it's easy to clean and get ready fro the next day.
Jennifer was GREAT to work with, responded immediately and open to suggestions. We will definitely stay again.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Patio
Traveling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Oct 1, 2016
Thank you for the nice review. The fact that it is close to everything in Carolina Beach is one of our favorite things about this house. There is even a nice little grocery store a couple blocks away! We enjoyed having you as a guest, and hope you will stay with us again.
raposo13
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Awesome place to stay.”
Reviewed July 18, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

It was a great place Jen was wonderful. Will definitely rent again. :) Everything they said and more. We where very pleased with all it had to offer. Would recommend this location and home to everyone I know . Walking distance to beach restaurants,shopping and so much more . Can't wait to book our next stay there .

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jul 22, 2016
Thank you for your review. We feel the location of this rental home is close to all of Carolina Beach's attractions and activities. I appreciate you staying with us and sincerely look forward to having you and your family stay again.
PaulBridg...
Rippon, West Virginia
“Great location”
Reviewed July 13, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

It was a great location and the house was almost as expected. The mattresses on all the beds were old so no one slept very well. The gas grill had to be cleaned before use due to maggots in the grease trap and had to refill the propane tank because it was empty. Couldn't get the Wifi to work on any devise. Thankfully my phone became everyone's hot spot. The last issue was when the next renters showed up the day before we left with the same exact door code as ours. Not sure if it was double booked or they showed up early. The price was great and location was fantastic so we made the best of it.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Mattresses
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 21, 2016
Thank you for your review, we are sorry this rental home was not as you'd hoped it would be. I would like to address some of the issues you'd mentioned - to insure you and future guests that we do take reviews seriously and use them to improve our home.
1. WiFi issues - You'd had left us a message regarding the WiFi at the beginning of your stay. I had texted back and followed up with a voice message - giving some suggested reasons why it may not be working and to call me if these didn't work. I never heard back, so I assumed the WiFi was working - if I'd known it was not still, I certainly would not have hesitated to call Charter, who services both our WiFi and cable to this house. The WiFi did work for the renters previously and after you, so I am not for sure how to answer your issue, but I hope in the future, other renters will let me know if they have problems with the WiFi and cable as well since it is frustrating to not have it!
2. Grill - We have not been renting through TripAdvisor/FlipKey very long and through this review I realized that another rental site we use has an informational site/page set up for each rental unit. In this information, it addresses the use of the grill...which includes that we provide a grill but we don't guarantee that the tank will be filled and ask the renters to clean the grill after use. I will insure this information on the grill is passes on to renters using this rental site.
3. Mattresses - We have plans to replace all the mattresses this fall.
4. Renter - The renter that came the day before you were to leave was an unfortunate situation. We have several emails and texts showing the correct days they were to check-in (we only rent Sat - Sat during summer months). They thought they were checking in on Friday, even though we'd sent out these emails and even communicated with them via text regarding their rental dates. I am sorry you were put in this situation. I am not sure how we could have prevented this since we feel it was well communicated to them and I hope future renters feel that their rental dates are well communicated as well.
We feel the location of this rental house is convenient to the attractions and activities Carolina Beach offers and hope other renters will enjoy our home.
sandraH56...
Broadway, North Carolina
“Exactly were we needed to be!”
Reviewed August 21, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I am very please with our stay. The cottage was everything it was listed to be and so close to the beach. The inside of cottage was updated and very comfortable. Jennifer was so nice to work with and I will come back again.

Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing